1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[DC Comics] Harley Quinn

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

this show is hilarious

#1 Commodore, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    DreamShook and B-Bob like this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That's truly great -- thanks for sharing. I hadn't been following that at all. So many constant little jokes in the writing.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Those Harley Quinn comic book prices were going through the roof a while back.

Nook likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Dated a girl that thought she was HQ.

She was half French and half Ukrainian.

She was a good 10 years younger than me and in passing made several comments about HQ. I just figured she liked the character.

The second time I met her, she asked me to pick her up from her apartment off campus. I was older but figured she was very hot and fun do I agreed. She kept texting me asking if I was there. It started to annoy me. She told me to come up. She didn’t let me in when I knocked so I finally just opened the door. She had really loud music on and the lights were out except the back room. There she was standing, blown out of her mind dressed like HQ with her hair up and she had on only underwear and a leather dog collar with a metal leash and talked with a NY accent. Strangest thing to me.

She did a lot of ecstasy that night and ended up with a stiff neck. She was bat **** crazy and while very bright, couldn’t take care of herself. Very, very sweet person and a lot of fun but a basket case.

I did let her put Joker makeup on me a couple times. Bizarre.

5. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I did let her put Joker makeup on me a couple times. Bizarre.[/QUOTE]

That Batman Adventures #12 is still going for a lot.

6. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Does anyone know if the former poster Macbeth has been active here under a different moniker for several years now (see post #4)?

B-Bob, Blatz, arno_ed and 1 other person like this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The first episode was really good. It's like Venture Brothers meets Batman. I don't know what I was expecting, but it's pretty hilarious and the animation is great..

B-Bob and Nook like this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This isn’t a comic. It’s a cartoon.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love stories like this. Was the stiff neck due to the x or due to what she did while on the x? Pics or gtfo.

Nook likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

I've been posting for well over a decade, so not "several years."

11. Nook

Nook Member

Pretty sure the sore neck was from the choker. She just kept complaining about it. Being older, now I would ask someone why there neck hurts but at the time I did not even really think about it. I wasn't trying to be an ass, but I was very self absorbed.

This all happened before I married my wife, so that had to be close to 15 years ago so no there aren't any pictures. FWIW I later found out she was also sleeping with several of my then friends.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As I'm writing thus I'm scolding myself for sounding like an old man screaming "get off my lawn!" - I cant imagine what it sounds like from the outside - but they were trying way to hard in the pilot to be edgy with all the f-bombs. Very clearly aimed at the 18-23 demo. They toned it way back after the first episode.

Dr. Psycho and his unfortunate choice of verbiage is my favorite character. I love that they got a really young kid to voice Robin in that episode.

Apparently the writers wanted to have Aquaman appear in the show as a total frat bro d-bag, but DC shut that down since that is one of their very few brands that has worked in films.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't really follow DC much, so is Harley Quinn like DC's Deadpool? They seem like they should have a crossover book/movie. :D

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Episode 4 was so great. Introducing Robin with his little kid voice and hating on pay walls for news sites. Lol.

15. Commodore

playlist for the finale, hilarious episode

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Commodore