1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I’d consider a 3 way

Hou In

Covington
    Smart
    Kanter or Robert Williams

Hou Out

Capela
    House
    Nene
    Sefolosha
    Tyson
    2Firsts

Bos In

Capela
    Tyson

Bos Out

Smart
    Kanter or Robert Williams
    2RP or FRP if kanter

Min in

House
    2 hou frp
    2 second round picks
    Sefolosha

Min out

Covington

Hou does this for

Westbrook/rivers
    Harden/egod
    Covington/smart
    Tucker
    Kanter/kieff/Hartenstein

Losing capela hurts. But both wings we pick up shoot above 35% and are dogs on defense and can switch easily to the 4. More importantly they are locked into contracts for the next 3 years at the very least. So you’d set you’re core. Id follow this move up with getting kieff as the back up 5 so you can have a 41 percent 3 point shooter as a stretch center. You’re also free to move egod or the other wing contracts in the summer for a better rim roller or spend the entire mle on a rim rolling big. Kanter is serviceable and can rebound at a high rate still.

Bos gets the big man they’ve been long rumored to be interested in without losing much of their core wings or depth.

Minny reloads on draft picks. Not sure what teams other than contenders want RoCo and I’m not sure how many contenders other than us would be willing to lose 2 frp and other draft capital just for him.

D-rock likes this.
  2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

check out how much he makes over the next 4-5 years

3. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Hou In
    Luke Kennard
    Glenn Robinson
    Markieff Morris

Detroit In:
    House
    Chandler
    Nene

GS In:
    Trade Exception
    2nd round pick

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I’m not saying WCS is close to Capela... but considering how relatively little Mavs gave up for him.... if Celtics really covet Capela, would have been interesting to see if DM could have worked a three way with Capela and House going to Boston and Jaylen, Kanter and WCS ending up on Houston. GSW getting some throw in pick or what not a tad better than what Mavs gave.

5. rockets13champs

Tak
    takes the warriors/glen Robinson part out of the deal. Bc that puts us over the luxury tax. We are not going to make a deal that puts us over the tax.

6. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Bradon Ingram would be a perfect wing man! Maybe use Capela/House and Picks in a three team deal could land us B.I.!

7. rockets13champs

Do u know how highly David griffin values BI. He’s not trading him for 2 role players... SMH

MrSabotage, saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  8. CRJ713

CRJ713 Member

Oh, I know, just wishful thinking. Lol

9. fattz

fattz Member

I think the goal should be if we use the picks on a player, makes sure said player is worth the same type or better picks in 2 to 3 years so we can rebuild in time. Borrowing from ourselves versus giving up our future.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How is Kennard getting minutes, he is a SG.

treyk3 and D-rock like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

How about this?
    Harden
    house
    thabo
    chandler

for
    Gordan Hayward 2 yrs
    Jaylan Brown 5 yrs
    Boston 2020 1st
    Boston (from Memphis) 2020 1st
    Boston 2022 1st

Still competitive. Tons of picks to re-build or trade with. Works in trade machine.

12. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Oh, you're one of these guys who thinks trading Harden is the answer?

I'd love to know why people think trading one of the best players in the league is the answer.

Vivi, saleem and D-rock like this.
  13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wouldn’t trade Harden for the entire Celtics team and their own picks 4 of the next 8 years.

D-rock likes this.
  14. rockets13champs

One of the worst trades I’ve ever seen.

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I love Harden and if I saw how we could do anything trade wise to make this team a legitimate contender the next 3 years, I wouldn't trade him. The reality is we can't surround him with enough to truly compete. This trade would make us younger, add 2 legitimate stars (one who is injury prone, but only under contract for two more years) and give us 2 first round picks along with our own next year and one in 22 to use as trade bait or keep and start the inevitable re-build while staying competitive. Westbrook, Brown, Gordan, and Rivers is a legit backcourt and Hayward solves our SF problem if he stays healthy and if not he is off the books in 2 years.

Why waste Harden on second round knockouts when you can re-build the team and probably get near the same result for 2 years and set yourself up to be a contender in either the short term with the right trade or two or in the long-term

16. ilias

ilias Member

Because, we are not getting it done with Harden, and building a championship team around him with our current committed salary is unlikely.

I like Brown, but if we were to trade Harden, I'd like more in return, eg a Kat + RoCo combo or Embiid + JRich plus picks. Then trade Capela to get a missing piece like A Gordon or Oubre respectively.

17. fattz

fattz Member

Hopefully we don’t over pay for some one that can’t be moved later. We over paid for Paul; then over signed him; then had to pay to move away from him with an overpay for Westbrook.
    Anderson took 2 draft picks and rotation worthy young point & 4 years to reach the end of his over signing. The trail of unplayable players took years get rid of and now we have no trade assets to make a trade even possible because of it.

so we use our draft picks

We blow up Gordon’s contract to stretch the cap and get help but he had pulled up lame so far this year hurting our chances of using him as a trade chip in the off season with out FRP attached. If we use the picks at the trade deadline we will be stuck with an overpriced 3rd guard. That will kill the cap from this point on.

18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Not saying Sixers would do either, but if trading one of our MVPs for Embiid, wouldn't it be better to try and trade Russ for him? I mean, probably never happen, given Simmons and Russ have the same weakness, but using your same pipedreams, I'll pipedream this lineup: Harden, Gordon, Oubre, Tucker, Embiid :)

Vivi and saleem like this.
  19. dream2franchise

I keep forgetting that!!!

Thankfully no lashing out.

D-rock likes this.
  20. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I want them to trade for Markeif Morris and sign Jeff Green. They have to keep that 2022 pick.

ilias likes this.