1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case for Starting Hartenstein

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Jan 15, 2020.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

The obsession with Hartenstein here is puzzling, but not surprising. It's the Dmo effect. What's really puzzling is some of you that scoffed at Melo here for 11 games, are pumping Hartenstein up like he's not a scrub.

2. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I don't care if he starts but I would like to see him get 20-30 minutes a game. When Hartenstein gets substantial playing time our record is much better. I just don't get moving Tucker to center when it is time to rest Capella when you have a massive 7 footer with some skills sitting on the bench.

charlieaustin likes this.
  3. bj3175

bj3175 Member

We need to have Hartenstein and Capela in the game at the same time for small moments and to create matchup problems.The reason the defensive rebounding is declined is because MDA not getting Hartstein in the game from 17 to 22 minutes a game. Thabo and Stein should be taking up Capela and Tuckers time to the extent that it brings P.j.s minutes down

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I don’t get people who don’t get this.

Melo was redundant. The Rockets didn’t need more all offense at low efficiency no defense, no little things guys. They needed a healthy CP3 and better defense and last year rebounding. Could have done with better pace last year as well. Melo provides none of that.

Hartenstein isn’t amazing but he’s anything but redundant. The Rockets need SIZE that can play. What do you know... there he is. Never mind that he’s currently sitting at a 133 ortg and 105 Drtg. Melo only had one career year better drtg than That. Plus Harty is at a 2+ dbpm... Melo never finished positive in this category.

the mystery here is that people are in any way impressed by what Melo is doing in OKC. He is slightly more efficient than he was last year. Slightly. Still not efficient. He still has a negative vorp, below average PER, bad defensive metrics, etc, etc. but sure sometimes advanced stats “lie”. But Portland is 24th worst defensive team and only 13th offensively. Portland needed Harkless and Aminu back, not Melo. By my math they’re 12-17 in games he’s played. 5-10 over their last 15. One of their highlights was beating the Rockets, so I guess there’s that.

does that answer/help?

5. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

The obsession here is very strange, but I figured out the demographic here probably looks a lot like Harty. So it makes sense.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's also why Ryan Anderson was so hated here. ;)

JayGoogle, D-rock and dmoneybangbang like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I don't
    And
    Still would like to have someone over 6'5 playing PF and Center from time to time.

Rocket River

vator and D-rock like this.
  8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes. Totally agree. Why would anybody ever want a young player at a position of need who is averaging 15 and 12 per 36 minutes with a 20 PER to get more playing time?

Boggles my mind

9. AB_KIAd_myCar

AB_KIAd_myCar Member

Maybe just maybe let hartenstein get some center minutes over the 34 year old dealing with shoulder nerve damage

D-rock, J Sizzle and Rocket River like this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Please refrain from racism in your posts. It’s become a problem recently, and to be honest, I’m tired of getting people banned.

It’s a minority dominated fan base for crying out loud. If you want to be racist, go to a football forum or something.

JayGoogle, vator and D-rock like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

PJ Tucker will play 38+ MPG until he either dies on the court or flees the country.

It will take divine intervention for Hartenstein to get 1 minute of playing time.

snowconeman22 and dmoneybangbang like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

get ready IHart on sunday or monday. youll get a chance if capela misses one or both games

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

So everyone here are pale black guys?

Racist much?

vator likes this.
  14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Melo sucks.

DD

16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You hit the nail on the head here my friend. I am 7 feet tall and roughly 260lbs with a muscular build, and I think I can say the same for most of the other posters here. That is why I love Isaiah.

Easy, pbthunder and hakeem94 like this.
  17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

This in theory isn't bad. A lot of people here want IHart out there anyway.

Of course he has to get on the floor first though lol