1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Friendswood resident robbed in driveway with $9,000 cash on them

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Jan 22, 2020.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

tinman likes this.
  2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't figured out why its called jugging, but it's become really common in Houston in the last couple of years. Criminals stake out banks to follow people home all the time, probably a lot more than most people realize.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Cashier's check. I don't walk around with anything greater than a few hundred.

King1 likes this.
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

That happened at a Randall’s right by me in the Katy area. Two guys followed a couple from the bank and tried robbing them but the dude had a gun and shot one while the other one got away. Crazy

Jontro likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Was he carrying the money in a briefcase? lol

If you are walking around with that amount of cash, you are most likely up to no good or are completely clueless about the facilities available.

In today's digital age you can move your money around over your phone with ease.

King1 likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I believe you can have under 10 grand cash on you and not get it taken away from the cops for being deemed a "suspicious" amount if your pulled over.

My friend's dad had 7 grand cash on him on his way to go buy a used car for his son (my friend), he stopped at a store to get something and left the money is his glove department, his window was smashed and the money was gone when he got back.

I told my friend it's possible that his dad lied and ended up binging cocaine and hookers for the weekend, but he assures me it was a true story.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

maybe buying a car? A lot of people pay cash cars.

I saved for about 6 months, sold my car for $1,500 and with my tax return I paid $6,600 cash for a minivan with 67,000 miles on it. Now it's at about 150,000 miles.

ima_drummer2k likes this.
  8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

What's wrong with carrying cash? It shouldn't be immediately suspect. Lot's of people have to maintain payroll for smaller businesses via cash. Not everyone has the ability to be in the banking system or take online payments. I usually pay in cash for most things as it's a better way to understand how much one is actually spending for things.

DaDakota and ima_drummer2k like this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They have apps that do that for you now. I just hate change that jingles.

Sajan likes this.
  10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I like cash best... when selling cars or playing cards. Maybe this guy was going to gamble, you can't exactly venmo your way to a tournament/cash table

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

When using a card or app, people tend to spend about 18% more than when they pay in cash.

Nook, mikol13, Mr. Brightside and 2 others like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That's great for the economy.

King1 and B-Bob like this.
  13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Man...

I never carry more than $20 cash. It sometimes comes back to haunt me (paying for cash only parking, etc.) but I just don't like carrying cash around. I'm more afraid I'll lose it than get robbed. Just a quirk of mine. Debit card for everything for me.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Maybe he just played 2/5NL at a poker club. Those games have massive stacks.

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, this is what I'm saying, I've seen some insane stacks at some NL games

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

She withdrew the money from a bank, went to work, and then went home.

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Xerobull likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Sorry I meant like examples for having that kind of cash, this one doesn't make sense... ie Taking huge money to work and then home. That really makes no sense at all, I mean when I'm carrying money to pay cash for a car it's point A to B (after getting the money), I don't stop elsewhere and hangout with it on me...

19. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Posters are blaming the victims more than the criminals.... smh

Clutchfans gonna Clutchfans

Nook likes this.
  20. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I almost always carry very little cash and almost always just spend with cards, but there are many legit reasons to have cash on you in large sums. Many times I've made large purchases with cash when a card wasn't feasible, many people keep cash on hand for retail businesses (either receipts or payroll). Lots of people will pull a large chunk of cash and stick in their house for the next six months or a year...I don't find $9k in cash all that much, honestly.

Nook likes this.