1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[AMA] The Great Depression And Anxiety Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by da_juice, Jan 22, 2020.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I've experienced something similar, and it just made me think, our poor wifes having to deal with this **** lol.

On 2 different occasions, I have gotten spasms and flu-like symptoms from shingle outbreaks which triggered me, and 1-time food poisoning, where l was feeling so bad which developed some sort of extreme anxiety attack, I start breathing too fast to the point where I start passing out, all my limbs go numb, and my fingers get extremely stiff and start curling up in ways I didn't imagine were possible, luckily for me, it takes 2-3 minutes before I start passing out and I was able to alert my wife what was happening every time, she had to pull my limp body out of the bath once, and another time drive all the way back to Houston from Dallas for me (she's never driven before).

I hope your wife and child were okay in the car accident, so sorry that happened.

2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Wow. I don't really have anything brilliant to say (what else is new) except that I hope all you guys suffering with this can get the help you need and ultimately find the peace you're looking for.

Closest I've come to experiencing anything like this was 11 years ago this week, actually. I experienced a great loss and started a thread here and minutes later, i thought I exposed myself too much and was going to delete it, but then I saw so many amazing heartfelt responses that I ended up being glad I didn't delete it.

So yeah...starting this thread is a good thing. Might actually be helping someone you may not even know about.

boomboom, mikol13, da_juice and 2 others like this.
  4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

@da_juice...I haven't been where you've been. I can't begin to imagine the depths you felt that led you to even consider it. I'm glad that you got through it and are still here. I've lost more than enough people to suicide. I hope you're getting the help you need and have the support you need.

Going through a separation/divorce (while still living with my spouse) sent me into a spiral like I've never experienced. Let's just say, it's not been a fun 5 months. I've lost 34 lbs (which I needed to...but not this way). I've found peace in where things are and where they're heading but the situation and the thought that the person I've been with for 22 years (married 18) will soon become my ex. The thought of not being with my kids every day is the absolute worst part. I am struggling with that. It's the reason I haven't left to go live with my friend or my dad. I'm not giving up a second of them until I have to. We have agreed to joint custody and splitting the time evenly. We've agreed to a lot. We still do things as a family. We still go out together on occasion. We're generally civil and friends. But the good times aren't as good as they used to be and the bad times are 1,000,000x worse. I hate living in purgatory. I've lost my mom and and this in the span of 18 months. I'm glad I have a good support system of friends and family to rely on. Otherwise, I'm not sure where'd I'd be this moment.

5. Beezy

Beezy Member

My sister committed suicide on Thanksgiving 2013.

I was able to remember her ClutchFans handle and looked up her profile: Last Activity: 6y 15w ago

I'm feeling depressed now.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Man I’m sorry. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for to find some happiness.

There are so many divergent paths people can take in life.

Beezy, da_juice and Jontro like this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Hope you get better. I remember another member of the board committed suicide circa 2007. Can't remember his name but i remember some people angry about it. Glad people are being supportive

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm sorry to hear about your loss man
    What was her name if you feel like this is appropriate. I feel like I knew her.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

positive vibe sent I will.

Exiled likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Just curious if anyone has tried meditation. Does it work? How do you start? I see there are tons of mobile apps that offer "classes"...like Calm and MyLife...do those even work? Just trying to find solace for myself and to upright my boat.

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I meditate while I work out. Music on, all internet and distractions off. Total focus on a long stretch period that incorporates a lot of yoga, then lifting, which lets my mind solve issues and come to terms with things I can’t affect. There’s a hybrid effect of endorphins and generally feeling better from the workout, too. The key is to turn active thinking off.

boomboom likes this.
  12. boomboom

Supporting Member

Active thinking control. That's part of what I need. My brain feels like it is in overdrive...all the time...and not in a good way.

Not sure how you actually do that. I've read articles that discuss doing it...but I suppose learning how to do it falls in line with learning how to properly meditate. I feel like the answer to many of my questions is so close...but I'm not sure how to ask the question (weird analogy...just spitballing for the kickstart to getting healthier brain-wise).

13. Nook

Nook Member

I find using drugs (uppers) right before working out results in a great workout. It is crazy how productive I can be in the gym using them.

TWS1986 likes this.
  14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

OP never came back since these posts.

Hope he's doing well in meatspace.

FrontRunner likes this.
  16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I take a preworkout with caffeine, taurine and some other stimulants as well as nootropics before I work out and it definitely makes a difference.

Not sure if relevant:

I also have a buddy who used to take a few bumps during his lifts. He’s going on his third marriage to the same woman while he steps out with women 15-20 years younger than him. I guess happiness is a matter of perception.

17. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Hell, I feel like I'd be qualified to do AMA too. Lord knows I've got the years for it. Hope you're OK op. I can;'t @ you anymore on here, so that's weird.

18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

What all you got going on?

Insight Timer is an app my therapist recommended to me and it's fairly good. I haven't meditated in a month or so though.

boomboom likes this.
  19. boomboom

Supporting Member

General anxiety with occasional bouts of depression. I think if I fix the anxiety/panic, the depression will take care of itself (hopefully).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll look into Insight Timer.

TWS1986 likes this.
  20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

NP. Always willing to lend a ear if you ever feel like PM'ing also.

boomboom likes this.