1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Massive explosion?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Jan 24, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Massive Explosion

Live at Numbers January 25th 2020

Xerobull likes this.
  2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Hurricanes, explosions, floods, and asterisk championships

One day there will be a better day.

Hope everyone affected recovers well. Prayers to the victims

B-Bob and Xerobull like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. The speed of sound isn't just an urban legend!

4. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I drove west on the westpark last night and hit a cloud of smoke from the explosion...I live in Houston and was dead asleep and didn't feel anything. my boss in the heights felt it...crazy and avoidable...

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wut?

6. SemisolidSnake

Heard it and felt our windows shake over 8 miles due west of the explosion. Woke me up enough to think it was an extremely loud and close lightning strike, but then I fell back asleep pretty quickly. The next day everybody I met was either aware of it or had heard it themselves. That at least confirmed I hadn't dreamed it. Prayers for everyone whose lives have been damaged by this.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

A pipeline to a salt dome natural gas exploded in Brenham about30 years ago. It shook the windows at my parents house.

I worked a seasonal job for the city last year. We cut the medians on Gessner right there. I ride the bus. Twice in the last month i had interviews ,at a city facility and at H-E-B distribution center in that area and got off at the stop at Genard St.

#67 pgabriel, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I met some older black gentlemen on the Metro a few years ago
    They were in their sixties. They grew up in that Carverdale area and were telling me black there did well financially. I had never heard of it. There are still older black people back there.

Edit: the school was the Cypress Fairbanls Colored School originally

#68 pgabriel, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's very tragic two people died in this but given the size and location of this explosion it could've been worse.

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was planning on having my Corvette worked on here. Some stuff came up and I put it off, but if it didn't, my car would have been a goner. And if it was there, oh well, I wouldn't sweat it. Other people out there, like the owner of this shop, have real problems to deal with.

12. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I'm 3.1 miles from the plant in Spring Branch. I woke up with my heart racing but dismissed it as thunder and went back to sleep. My wife thinks our house moved but I think it may have been a vibration.