1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] Which Houston Franchise will win a title first?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by snc, Mar 30, 2010.

?

Which team will win a title first?

1. Astros

32 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. Rockets

114 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Texans

125 vote(s)
    46.1%
  1. Poloshirtbandit

I couldn't figure out why I voted Texans then looked back. I guess Astros were still in the Ed Wade/Drayton era when this was created and pre foot injury Matt Schaub.

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I see my simple logic of baseball being the easiest/most random actually played out even though the franchise was at the lowest possible point an organization can be. Built a titan from scratch.

To the Rockets credit they managed to eventually add a superstar and build a legitimate title worthy team in the sport where that's the hardest to accomplish. Sucks we haven't broke through ....yet, but they had a great decade even sans title.

The Texans, well, they are definitely a team that plays in the NFL, therefore meeting the criteria of a major league franchise based in Houston.

raining threes likes this.
  3. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Which Houston franchise will win a title first that doesn't get an * put on it by other fan bases? Rockets win this season and they'll say it's only because Harden is allowed to travel, get a bunch of "questionable" foul calls, and the Warriors took a year off.

Houstunna and Poloshirtbandit like this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Wow this poll didn’t age well.

arkoe likes this.
  5. SemisolidSnake

Wow, March 2010. Astros were still in the NL, were still on the downhill slide from the WS year, and had just had a 74-88 season in 2009. The three 100-loss seasons would start in 2011. I don't think anybody in the world could have predicted the Astros would be the first to win unless they were severely handicapping the other two teams. And nobody could have predicted that in only 8 seasons (including 2010 and 2017), the Houston Astros would WIN 101 games and their first World Series in franchise history. Crazy.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Because most of the national mainstream media members are born in the Northeast, West coast, or Dallas, they will permanently always be trying to affix asterixes to Houston sports accomplishments. It's tribalism at its ugliest, and honestly I think there's a little racism involved as well. To which I just tell the national media members to go **** themselves.

marks0223 likes this.
  7. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

So, all SIX of the Bulls championships have asterisks?! Sweet!

8. msn

msn Member

They all have asterisks, because Jordan didn't have to play Jordan.

9. Buck Turgidson

He never played Tom Brady either.

eliefor3 likes this.