1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gerald Green Is Showing Harden How To Be A True Leader: Working On His Game With A Boot On

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So many people cheap shotting here. .. . and they call themselves "Rocket Fans"
    I don't think no fans hate their own players as much as Houston Fans

They love you when it good but turn on the time dime when they not
    I am watching with great interest this Astros now .. . cause the national narrative hav e shifted
    and I truly expect the Local Fans to do the same rather than circle the wagons and protect " our guys"
    and give them the benefit of the doubt

they may get some of that. . .its baseball . . but we will see

Rocket River

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Stupid initial post. Yeah everyone knows Harden never works on his game. ssshhh

Love to watch Green on the bench and working out.

3. SemisolidSnake

This title is so unnecessary. I think we'd all be happy to just celebrate Gerald Green's determination. No need to bring negativity into with it a side jab at Harden, whether it was intended as a joke or not (I can't tell).

4. KittzOr

KittzOr Member

Yea Harden never played with injuries like any other NBA Player.. what is your Point?

5. Section123row16seat1

Watching him do his rehab he was still draining threes off one leg at a rate of 8-10

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It took Gerald Green to perfect the one-legged side-step 3 point jumpshot Harden tried so hard to perfect over the summer! Gerald seems to shoot it better than when he wasn't injured. It's like he never misses. Nice.

7. riko

riko Member

Then control you’re emotions

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

This is a bad narrative. Harden has been one of the hardest working guys in the NBA for three years now. He always shoots and lifts weights after games. Last year in the playoffs they got off the plane when they played Golden State and the first thing he did was go to the arena and shoot. This year there was a story about Westbrook asking Harden why he would lift weights after a game.

Harden works extremely hard.

HardenUsedSTEPBACK, glynch and HP3 like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Suit him up. He doesn't miss.

10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

pretty sure thread title was just a joke... cut OP some slack. our anger needs to be directed more towards ferntits than anyone else - for being a cheapass instead of going all-in for a championship run during harden's prime.

we're all frustrated as hell right now. and like someone said, we can definitely use gerald's spirit right now.

BaselineFade and Easy like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

Michael Redd said to PJ Brown, if Green is feeling blue in a boot, keep practicing to shoot.

Keep at it alright, play under the bright lights, a la Nets' Derick White.

Some lack a chance, at NBA court dance, Rob Gray, don't dismay.

Maybe one day a comeback; Tarik Black roll back on track.

Highs and Lows, MLK day reminds every color glows under the rainbow.

12. Audioout

Audioout Member

I've noticed Harden is a stubborn basketball player. When something doesn't work like he thinks it should, he has a tendency to try it again and again getting more and more frustrated it doesn't work. One example of this was him not getting the foul call on 3 during the Golden State games. He kept going to it, trying to make it more and more obvious. While he was right, he should have gotten the call, his frustrations probably didn't work in our favor.

I can relate in my own way. Man, if I'm playing a fighting game and want a certain move to hit I can lose the entire fight trying to land it. My opponent realizes what I'm trying and I become way easier to predict and stop, making me more and more frustrated. It's just a thing some people do.

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lol Harden was out taking shots after the game to practice.....................do people even think before they post.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

GG's game is limited for a franchise guy but he is no doubt a valuable role player.

15. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I really don't think this is smart by Gerald. he's putting way too much pressure on his right leg which will cause another injury because he's over compensating. In addition, this cause him to float on his jumper once his left leg is well!