1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Amy Klobuchar for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 10, 2019.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

It’s wasted whenever the last election was decided by 77,000 in three states, and your views mostly align with the party you’re deciding to abandon by making a principled vote that nobody will appreciate. I mean that respectfully, but it’s the truth.

Hell, I’d vote for somebody awful like Michael Avenati if it meant getting Trump out of the White House. Let alone somebody that can improve and learn from mistakes like Kamala.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. These principle votes don't make any damn sense. There is bigger issues than just who is our president at stake. We are talking about potentially assigning multiple judges in the supreme court in the next few years plus other federal judges around the country.

If you are a swing state where your vote makes a difference, voting against Democrats when your views mostly align seems sort of stupid. I didn't like Hillary, but I know I didn't want Trump picking multiple judges.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Making a principled vote.

What else are we to base a vote off of than our principles ? ....

And nobody will appreciate it .... cept the person who knows who it was cast for.

I hate Kamala more than either of us hate Trump .... that woman is vile and evil. Only thing that matters to Kamala is Kamala.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/five-times-prosecutor-kamala-harris-got-the-wrong-guy

Her treatment of the Kevin Cooper case was utterly horrid - He came within minutes of lethal injection and she fought against DNA testing in his case that could possibly exonerate him - a man on death row.

The death penalty is big deal to me - One that in theory I support but in practice I am vehemently against because if you get it wrong ONCE , that's one too many innocent lives taken.
    That's why guilty men sit on death row thru decades of appeals .... you exhaust every avenue if there is any question to guilt in those cases , you can let them out of jail , you cant dig them out of a grave.

No , I wont vote for Kamala , not in a million years .... Trump sucks ass and all but .... I'll take Dumpster over Kamala.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Everyone has their reasons, and I respect that. What’s logical to me might not be logical to you, and vice versa. I get that. It’s an easy choice for me, though. There’s too much at stake.

Corrosion and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude do you realize that Donald Trumps AG’s have been Jefferson Bogard Sessions and William Barr? Those two guys never saw an inmate they didn’t want to execute and never saw a black guy they didn’t want to put in jail for life for smoking weed.

I can’t get inside your head to know your motivations but your posts scream “but her emails” both sidesism you use to make it seem as though you are objective but it’s obvious you are not. If you want to vote for Trump fine but at least have an honest conversation about it. Dem candidates are going to have flaws and history to scrutinize fairly in a vacuum (Kamalas history deserves it) but there is an ocean between the policy’s of any Dem candidate and Trump. Either you support his policies and should defend them or you don’t.

You don’t need to “both sides” the other side just to justify support. I find saying you’ll vote for Trump because you are sooo mad about Kamala Harris (who isn’t even in the race) to be mind boggling. Even if she was in the race, she would be 5x more friendly to inmates than Trump.

6. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

RayRay10 and baller4life315 like this.
  7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Way to jump in the middle of the conversation and leave out any and all context of the previous discussion.

Buncha crap … but her emails , both sidesism…. comical.

Not a single word about me voting for Trump -

But because you think I may vote for Trump all the sudden I'm not objective.

#187 Corrosion, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  8. dobro1229

“Trump sucks a$$ and all, but I’ll take dumpster over her”.

I imply that Trump = dumpster. That’s the exact same explanation that millions of Trump voters gave for their reasoning for voting for Trump over Hillary. Going after some issue like war when we clearly knew Trump was going to hire people like John Bolton and Hillary was going to have to hire a bunch of pod Save America bros.

Again I can’t get into your head to judge but your posts have had a reoccurring theme of not supporting Trump but trying pretty damn hard to bring them down to his level. I’m just saying ... we’ve had about 6 years now of tiresome whataboutism on topics and issues. We are perfectly fine criticizing Dems but it’s not that much to ask to do it in a vacuum that lives in an objective reality of one side of the issues vs. the other side.

One future prediction talking point : “Yeah Trump is a nightmare and a racist and a... whatever else ... BUT THE ECONOMY...”

Instead of making a policy case for Trump issues vs issues this will be allowed to be a talking point that gets people out of really owning their vote for Trump. I think that’s crap and they should be challenged to explain why Trump economics are good vs Dem economics.

#188 dobro1229, Jan 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
  9. astros123

astros123 Member

I was hearing Bloomberg is considering making her his VP. Interesting if that happens.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bloomberg would have to be President first ;)

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

12. dmoneybangbang

You mean nominated? ;)

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You are all over the place.

I don't support Trump and wont vote for Trump .... but neither will I support a ticket that includes Kamala.

Dude , what part of I'll write in Klobuchar did you not comprehend.

astros123 and Andre0087 like this.
  14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Kamala's a snake, don't know what you or whoever said about her but I just wanna state again that she's a ****ing snake.

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Andre0087 likes this.
  16. dobro1229

How is it "all over the place" to note my disdain for Whataboutism? I think that's pretty easy to comprehend.

17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why does this thread keep being bumped, has the uninspiring 3 percenter dropped out yet?

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Two dudes are just arguing about random crap that doesn’t involve Amy K. Sucks, kind of like her chances.

mikol13 likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Her chances at ...VP? A cabinet position?

She’s been in front of the American people for a long time with all of the debates, and I don’t think she’s about to dump hundreds of millions into adds ala berg and the sty, how can one like the chances of someone polling at 3% weeks away from Iowa with no perceivable way to significantly boost her self any further?

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I didn't interject Any "whataboutism" you brought that in from outside the left field foul pole trying to equate my contempt for Kamala to anything at all to do with Trump or voting for Trump when I had stated clearly that if Kamala is on the ticket , I'll write in Klobuchar.