1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lack of Fan Interest in the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Jan 19, 2020.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets are my first sports love. If I were to ever get a sports tattoo itd be rockets related.

But I'm tired of Harden. I'm tired of Dantoni. I'm tired of Tilman already.

I cant stop watching and rooting for them and hoping, but I'm ready to blow it up.

Pat, GotGame15, persian hoopa and 8 others like this.
  2. alcatrazpsycho

Clutchfans is a helluva drug...

BaselineFade likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Sometimes I wonder if, NBA wide, part of fan apathy relates to the analytics approach to the game, which I acknowledge is the "right" way to go.

All teams now more or less embrace a high volume of 3-point shots (pretty dull when plentiful, like shooting practice almost) and drives (more exciting, but even there, less exciting when you know it has to go all the way to the rim, even if ugly and full of contact, versus floaters or finger-rolls).

TheFreak and GotGame15 like this.
  4. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

My dad don't like to watch Rockets play because dribble dribble and then shoot.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

I will always be a fan. H-town til I die (Rockets, Astros,Texans), but I can't enjoy this style of play. It's crazy cause 10 years ago if you would have told me that I would watch and be more interested in the Astros and baseball than the Rockets and basketball, I would have called you a fool. But here I am. I will be tuned in to every playoff game, but regular season not so much.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Who are you?

DeBeards likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Because of our monotonous play style it's not crucial to watch every single game. You watch a few and you've basically watched them all.

But even if that weren't true, Rockets haven't won since 95 and people here just don't care.

B-Bob likes this.
  8. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Its probably because they are hot garbage this year

9. MystikArkitect

Its hard to put into words but this team is just kinda....unlikable. I think the team used to be quirky and weird with their analytics obsession but that's since jumped the shark. It's become mundane and boring to watch. Harden occasionally goes nuclear and that's fun but we all know where this ship is headed.

What I do fail to understand is how the Texans get the love and admiration they get from this city. They're a loser organization with a loser ownership, a loser name, and a loser coach.

Pat, GotGame15, persian hoopa and 6 others like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Well said.

GotGame15 likes this.
  11. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I usually watch every game I can being in California the only games I get are national ones or when they play lakers or clippers like yesterday. But I didnt even watch the full game yesterday. When the 2nd half started I had already lost interest in the game. This is probably first season as a fan I havnt paid as much attention as I normally do to them.

I didnt watch the fights though either

#31 CALI_MOST_WANTD, Jan 19, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  12. CALI_MOST_WANTD

I watch 0 NFL now. I havnt watched football for past 5 years at least. I did catch the 2 playoff games Texans played this season. But those were only 2 games in 5 years. I find the NFL pretty boring to watch now. Its not the same sport I loved and grew up with. To many rules to protect against injuries. I miss seeing stuff like a kick returner getting laid out as he caught the ball and a fumble was forced from the hit.

smp likes this.
  13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

You forgot Morey....

PeterKingX likes this.
  14. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

We’re like a tv show that is in its seventh season....was fun and original at first, but has gotten old and difficult to watch.

GotGame15, PDJACK7, realonemo and 3 others like this.
  15. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Lakers/LeBron fans drowning out rockets fans at the Toyota Center with LOUD MVP chants for LeBron was an all time low.

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Harden is unwatchable, and our role players suck. I went from 70+ games a year to not even having watched 10 this year.

(These are not the only two reasons for the change, but they are part of it.)

GotGame15 likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Houstonians save their money for Playoff tickets, Regular Season is Exhibition Games for Houston Fans.

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There's always been a lack of fan interest in the Rockets. They've pretty much always been relegated to 3rd place or worse at any given time in Houston unless they're in the midst of a championship run. People have been complaining about late-arrivers, the wannabe champion Texans, and the Astros all having more popularity in Houston for years. It probably doesn't help that the NBA is turning into a reality show, either. lol.

slothy420 likes this.
  19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Twin peaks off Kirkwood had every tv on ufc and only 1 tv on rockets(with no sound of course). Just sad.

20. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Move the team to Seattle. A city that cares.