1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Valentine has been in the league for three (if not four) years now, never cracked the rotation on the Bulls and he's more injured then not so, yeah...

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

I won't get back to repost all the stuff now (also cause i don't where to find it), but there were multiple rumors pointing at a 3 way trade with Boston and Phila already agreed on, with Capela going to Boston for at least a pick (Celtics had the 23rd), Morey also told after the draft they had interest in a guy on the second part of the 1st round but they got screwed -> Memphis traded for the 22nd pick with OKC and selected Clarke. Rockets also planned meetings with centers like Looney and McGee until Butler went to Miami.

So, overall, it's not like Woj said "there was a 3 team trade already agreed on with the Rockets getting x and y", but between the rumors, Morey's words and everything you can kind realize what the Rockets were about to do. It would've been something like:

Capela to Boston

Gordon and i guess a pick from us to Philly

Butler and 23rd pick from Boston to us, maybe something else from Boston to Phila to match the salaries and here, cause i don't think Capela was only worth the 23rd pick, but that's just me.

The of course, it's also possible the Rockets and Celtics had a discussion about a similar trade without the Sixers, like 23rd pick plus Smart for Capela, but like i said, OKC traded the 22nd to Memphis and i guess whatevere the deal was it died there cause Memphis picked up the guy we wanted.

#702 Vivi, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    withmustard likes this.
  3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I believe it. Clarke tested high in analytical terms.

Vivi likes this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Sure , I get that .... but their real window with Zion isn't next year , that's just the beginning. Players don't hit their peak in year two after missing much of the first - they are 3+ years from Prime Zion.

Ingram is a free agent after next year - does he want to stay there , is he part of the long term plan ?

If you are Morey , I think its a call you make - along with calling Chicago about Markkanen

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

6. WestendMassive

We'd probably have to throw in some picks to get this over the line, but after Kyrie said these guys need replacing we should pounce.

[​IMG]

Jarret Allen would thrive on Harden's lobs and protects the rim like a madman.

Joe Harris is the pure shooter this team needs.

Taurean Prince brings some size and hustle to the 4.

Not entirely sure why Brooklyn does it though. Damn.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

LOL, why am I seeing the likes of Lauri and Ingram in this thread? Even 2k would be like “really?”

stop it

8. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Kyrie is so unbelievably stupid to alienate 3 of his best teammates like that.

xaos likes this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If we’re trading Capela for a wing we have to get Holmes or Allen as well, it’s bizarre the Nets are only playing Allen 26 mins per game because of DeAndre Jordan. He’s a free agent this summer, they might not want to pay him so maybe they would trade.

Edit, just realised he’s actually a free agent next summer, so I guess that takes that off the table

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Rockets OUT, Magic IN: Capela, Nene, Sefolosha

Magic OUT, Rockets IN: Fournier, Birch

Maybe the Magic facilitate Vuc elsewhere for Love or something so they don't have a logjam at the 5. Either team adds picks if necessary, not quite sure what the market is for Fournier in relation to Capela.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

lmao, I wish.

We gotta first convince Kyrie that Capela and House are the missing pieces to his flat puzzle.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Pretty sure Prince like LeVert can't be traded this season due to the etension.

Then again, after watching him this season a bit more i don't really think he's what we need, he's just not good enough on defense and inconsistent on offense, once his extension kicks in the summer he'll get around 15M, for me, he's just not worth it, he's not that much better then House, yes, i say that again and i'm not even a House fanboy.

Allen is someone i would take over Clint cause he's younger, has more upside and can already kinda shoot, but i don't see the Nets give him up.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

fine, call. Then move on to possibilities.

15. PWR

PWR Member

Rockets get:
    Marcus Morris (6'8" 3&D), Markieff Morris (6'8" 3&D), Bobby Portis (6'10" shooter)

Knicks get:
    Andre Drummond, PJ Tucker, Rockets' pick

Pistons get:
    Clint Capela, Danuel House, Wayne Ellington, Knicks' pick

New Lineup (minutes)...
    PG - Westbrook(34), Harden(14)
    SG - Harden(20), Gordon(12), Rivers(16)
    SF - Marcus(12), Gordon(18), Mac(18)
    PF - Markieff(30), Marcus(18)
    C - Portis(34), Hartenstein(14)

We add three guys with length. Both Morris twins shoot above 40% from three and play excellent defense. Portis is a rumrunner that shoots 36% from three. His per36 numbers are always around 17 points & 10 rebounds. All three are on expiring contracts, so if it fails they're off the books next year.

All three have been known to punch people in the mouth. The Rockets need that. We need some bullies.

16. Sen89

Sen89 Member

This wouldn't happen this season for a number of reasons, but I was thinking about something like this, since we need a shakeup and unfortunately Capela is our best asset.

HOU out: C.Capela
    HOU in: R.Covington; G.Dieng; R.Williams III

MIN out: R.Covington; G.Dieng, 1st
    MIN in: D.Russell

GSW out: D.Russell
    GSW in: G.Hayward; BOS 1st; MIN 1st

BOS out: G.Hayward; R.Williams III; one of their countless 1sts
    BOS in: C.Capela

- Minnesota gets Russell to pair with Towns, Wiggins and Culver.
    - Golden State gets a strong wing who fits their system, two 1sts (to include with their top-5 pick for a potential blockbuster?) and vet G for depth.
    - Boston gets a high-level C for their wing-heavy squad, can run with Capela/Tatum/Brown/Smart/Walker as their closing lineup.

We get weaker at the 5, but I think Dieng/Hartenstein/RWIII/Chandler could combine to do fine. Or we can just make another move and clear up that logjam. Williams III has Capela-esque upside (worse instincts, even better vert though), and we get Covington finally to help our wing/forward problem. Dieng is serviceable and can hit the 3 and protect the rim decently enough.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Some of you guys would really trade Capela, Tucker and House for the Morris Bros and Portis...i'm actually speachless, and i can see we're really desperate lol.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Like this trade. Would love it if Rockets received Josh Okogie or Keita Bate-Diop instead of Dieng.

But ....

GSW gets TWO first rounders for D'Angelo Russell??

19. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

trade with Raptors ? get Lowry, ibaka?

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's too much salary, like 50M, we can't even trade for a max caliber player (35M) by moving Capela, Tucker and House, the only way to take on that kind of salary or more is to move Westbrook, and you already know it's not happening unless Tilman wants that and Harden is on board.

If you mean just one of them then yeah, but Lowry doesn't fit here, Ibaka would, he's old but expiring, we might be able to resign him for cheap (Tilman would love this)...not thrilled about him as a full time center at this stage of his career though. And in terms of value the Raptors would've to add something good, and i'm not sure what they would be willing to add...Anunoby would be perfect but i can't see Masai giving him up, Terence Davis is another guy i really like but i don't know if we need that kind of player right now.

D-rock likes this.