1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Iko] MDA plans to play two bigs most of game v Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 17, 2020.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

So basically he’s saying he’ll play Hartenstein? Oh the genius mastery!

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  2. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's earth shaking! I wonder why other teams don't do that? :rolleyes:

fattz likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Does anyone want to break the news to D’Antoni that the rockets don’t have a two big team? We have 0 power forwards or Centers that can play the corner or elbow.

The fact that he believes PJ Tucker is a “big” tells you all you need to know about his idea of basketball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Rivers and Clemson it is.

They just need to play big.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Aren't we playing two "bigs" all the time: Capela and Tucker.

Edit: OK, I reread the tweet. MDA plans to play 2 bigs for most of the game. It doesn't say that he plans to put 2 bigs on the floor at the same time. It's a total of 2 bigs for the game, folks!

#45 Easy, Jan 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    hakeem94 and Little Bit like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let me do the math. He wants to play Tucker 30 minutes. He wants Tucker to shadow LeBron. LeBron average 35 minutes per game.

30 = 35

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Yeah right.

More like he'll play Chandler because he needs vets

8. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Bless you for bringing that up. Miss Faried big time. Knowing MDA, he just meant he might play Tucker, House, and Mac together and bench Rivers and Gordon.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Neither am I. I If he actually does it, I’ll be surprised, but assuming he does, when did telegraphing your strategy before a game become a good idea? I don’t understand D’Antoni. I don’t understand him at all. He seems lost, and so does the team. I think it’s time for a change. Maybe MDA is burned out. He certainly seems bereft of ideas and incapable of getting the most out of the players he’s been given. Heck, incapable of putting some of them on the court during games.

The guy’s apparent obsession with having a 7 man rotation. Not playing some of our young players. Playing some of our older players, like Tucker, too many minutes. Keeping Hartenstein glued to the bench after a breakout game against the Timberwolves is a perfect example. What happens after that game, a 30 point win, with Harty scoring 17 points and grabbing 15 boards in 26 minutes? Hartenstein gets 4 minutes against Memphis and 1 minute against the Blazers in consecutive losses. It’s maddening. After that, unless the young guy had an injury I’m unaware of, I’ve wanted to see D’Antoni gone. His decisions, and/or indecisiveness is maddening.

It’s time for a new head coach. The prime of James Harden is a ticking clock. We don’t have forever. Yes, Fertitta needs to open his wallet and Morey needs to make some roster additions and subtractions, but getting a new coach is paramount, in my opinion. I think MDA is at the end of his rope.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Real Game Plan

PG Russell Westbrook SG Ben Mclemore SF Eric Gordon PF James Harden C P.J. Tucker

Ben Mclemore, Tyson TNT, ESPN Chandler, Clint Capela(Starts)

Isaiah Hartenstein not playing against the Lakers Will result in a loss, the Rockets need Bench Points with Eric Girdon.

Size for Mike DAntoni means Body Size, NOT Height (Sigh)

12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

D'Antoni was at the end of his rope last offseason. Only thing that stopped his firing was the fish salesman who bankrupted himself buying this team

Mathloom likes this.
  13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

This is the most ridiculous post I've seen in a long time.

14. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Tuck is not a big. I’d prefer him at the 3 and somehow if we can get Ibaka at the 4 then I’d be one happy chap.

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

D'Antoni is playing the german guy and he is going to get exposed. The NBA audience is going to know we have a hidden gem and some team will kidnap him for a big ransom.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

17. vick

vick Member

Vegas has opened with Rockets as a 1.5 point favorite. I think i know where the big money will go.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

When you've lost @Deckard ... I never thought of you here as a chronic 'fire-MDA' guy. I agree that a lot of MDA's actions are starting to wear thin. From his rotation decisions to his willingness to set back and let Harden do what he wants, little of it looks like a team that can go far in the playoffs. Not sure firing him would fix that though.

I wouldn't mind seeing if Clint and iHart could coexist in the same lineup.

Deckard likes this.
  19. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Time to unleash the Hartenstein 3’s.

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we dont know if hes leaking it... perhaps he just want to confuse whoever is lakers coach