1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm ****ing Sick of Rand Paul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by da_juice, Jan 17, 2020.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/...sr2iZRDpWdUjsJVFFrx7gCufHF0zEnM4drSxGPMB0UK64

Everyone always says they want the "real man" who doesn't compromise his views; doesn't engage in Washington BS...now we got Rand Paul who does both.

I used to like the guy. And he's half heartedly called out Trump about defecits and drone strikes...but now when the **** hits the fan... all the sudden this "small government liberatarian" who (under Obama) was very big on checks on balances and the power of the Legislature is sucking Trump's dick.

At least the other sycophants are part of the Trump cult or part of the Warren or Sanders cult or whatever...Ron Paul wasn't a perfect candidate and he's probably a very shitty person. Rand Paul makes some good points but was probably the same. But *******...if you're gonna play the ideology card own up to it.

I worked for Scott Garrett (head of the freedom caucus). He was a dumbass, I didn't agree with him on anything...but ******* he was principled. He would sooner die or lose re-election (he did lose re-election) before selling out his beliefs of low taxes, a strong Congress, and a small Federal Government, His reward for being committed to his principles were not getting GOP funding for his re election.

Rand Paul claims to be this vanguard of the liberatarian party; yet he's threatening other Senators over not supporting Trump. What a joke. I don't want to hear his b****ing about endless wars and the defecit because it's clear he doesn't clear and is tryna be like his Dad who (although a massively flawed person) actually believe his principles. Rand just wants to keep his Senate seat.

In the unlikely event you're reading this Rand; you're a ****ing joke and a middle finger to what you're father believed in and you've motivated a generation of otherwise Libertarians to vote democrat. Can't wait to see you lose, ****er.

Sincerely Yours,
    da_juice or Mike as my friends call me

astros123, calurker, B-Bob and 10 others like this.
  2. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...you COULD just see if you can get close enough to him to punch him in the face...:D;)

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. da_juice

da_juice Member

My friend's gf does work for him...

(NOTE TO LAW ENFORCEMENT: this is a joke)

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

This is why Justin Amash is the real Rand Paul that Rand Paul fans wish Rand Paul could be but many Rand Paul fans I know from the Marine Corps are also Trump fanatics so they still love him.

Nook, JuanValdez, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Every so called Liberatarian I know HATES Amash.

I feel like a lot of Liberatarians are Republicans in denial that they're Republicans

joshuaao, Nook, RayRay10 and 6 others like this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, he is a hypocrite of the highest order, or lowest....

DD

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Nook and mdrowe00 like this.
  9. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...no, it didn't.

...it actually fell out of the tree, rolled down a hill and right into a left hook to the jaw...;):D

Rashmon likes this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Liberatarians surprisingly have a lot in common with the moderate republican or conservative as do liberal moderates. Why the folks in charge of the democratic party don't get 100% behind them is beyond me....it's B@ffling :D

I would say the biggest difference that I can point out is that non-moderate conservatives are hard line anti-abortion, where as classic liberals are pro women's choice. My views align with the right, which co-align with the moderate liberal in a lot of areas. Small government, less taxes, personal responsibility.. I don't take a stance on abortion though. I'm not a woman and I choose not to stand up for either side of that particular argument. And even though I perceive myself as a being a conservative, the reality is I've lived my life more as a classic libertarian when I look back at my actions. And it's my belief that the most pressing dangers to America right now is corporate biased media, illegal immigration and the breakdown of the family structure for young kids and teens. I'm not sure exactly what that makes me.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Republican cowards are afraid to jeopardize both their political prospects and way more importantly, their earning prospects in a post congressional career as a paid shill.

That's the only motivation I can figure and probably the most charitable one. Otherwise maybe they just really are into ignorant racist nihlism?

12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL, most pressing dangers to America?
    1. corporate biased media ("Fake Media!").
    2. illegal immigration ("Build a wall!")
    3. breakdown of family structure...

[​IMG]

DaDakota and jiggyfly like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Corporate biased media?

What the hell does that even mean?

And might I ask how is Illegal immigration a pressing danger for America?

And it seems you are definitely not Libertarian.

https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/

Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.
    Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yeah he definitely got the side eye with that one.

15. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

You got it.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I'm definitely the dude riding the lion. Not the tranny next to Trump

17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Corporate biased media? - Well, to put it simply, Fox News, MSNBC and CNN. They both push an agenda that suits the corporations that own them and present the opinions of their hosts as if they are facts to an alarmingly large number of Americans who believe it's true.

And might I ask how is Illegal immigration a pressing danger for America? - Note, I did say illegal. And well, it is against the law, hence the term illegal immigration. Ignoring the crime figures, the massive influx of illegals entering the country taxes the healthcare system, the border patrol, local law enforcement and social services. All of these entities are designed to serve American citizens AND immigrants who are here legally. Why in the hell some of you guys throw your support behind illegal immigration under the guise that America is built on immigrants is beyond me. Remember they are illegal. And now you've got a movement on the left that wants to provide free healthcare for them.....what??!!!! We can't even get adequate healthcare for our own citizens and LEGAL immigrants. I'm not anti-immigration.

And it seems you are definitely not Libertarian - OK. I'm not bothered by that.

Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful, they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States.
    Libertarians believe that people should be able to travel freely as long as they are peaceful. We welcome immigrants who come seeking a better life. The vast majority of immigrants are very peaceful and highly productive

The statement above doesn't address ILLEGAL immigration unless you are trying to incorrectly say that Libertarians believe that if someone is peaceful they should be able to ILLEGALLY immigrate to the United States. Hell, I believe that if someone is peaceful they should be welcome to immigrate to the United States. Note, I leave out the term illegally immigrate in that statement.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I got that from the libertarian website, it's not my own interpretation.

https://www.lp.org/issues/immigration/

So like I said you are not libertarian.

News organizations have been pushing what is in their corporate interest since the 50's why is it now a pressing danger?

News organization influence has gone down since then.

da_juice, FranchiseBlade and B@ffled like this.
  19. Major

Major Member

The # of illegal immigrants in this country has been on a steady decline for the last 15 years. It's taxing the system far less than it was. And by most measures, they reduce inflation making many things you buy (such as food) cheaper, they pay taxes into the system without getting the benefits (SS, etc), buy tons of products creating economic growth, etc. It's virtually impossible to really know the net impact because there are so many crosscurrents, but all the most comprehensive studies that have been done suggest that immigration - legal or illegal - has had a net benefit to the country.

20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

I can’t say I’m arguing from a position of strength because I don’t have facts at hand to present to back up my position. I’m not going to suggest that you provide facts because I respect your reputation and I’m sure that even if you don’t have statistics at hand to back it up, you most likely have a deeper understanding than I do. And to that point, I will seek out more information on this and that could very well change my position. We’ll see and I’ll post what I find regardless if it doesn’t support my position. I’d like to think I’m teachable.

ElPigto, Rashmon and Major like this.