1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Tilman Ferttita Twitter burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ramotadab, Jan 8, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Florida rich dude who isn’t a member of the Rockets

Air Yordan likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do we have any predator drones in Florida ?

3. SemisolidSnake

How's his latest book? The title kind of annoys me. I admit that his ads for it don't make me really believe that this multibillionaire restaurant mogul really knows the keys to making my small business succeed. However, I'm willing to be proven wrong. Of course, making my specific business succeed (well, my dad's) might only be possible for God himself. Anyway, how's the book?

4. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Les never showed anything to indicate that. He seemed extremely motivated by the bottom line. Based on what we saw of Les I can't fathom that he would make some of the moves Tilman has been criticized for not making on CF like paying $30 million for Trevor Ariza's 33 year old season or paying $34 million for Andre Iguodala's 36 year old season.

Yung-T, J.R. and Reeko like this.
  5. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I checked the account yesterday and everything seemed to indicate it was Tillman except he forgot to remove a post he liked about an NBA2K tournament. It was a fake.

dc rock likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I dont criticize Tilly for not overpaying Ariza or Iggy... I can see the investment being far greater than the potential return in those instances...

Prob I have is jettisoning assets (picks and expirings) to simply get below the tax line... heck we've had an empty roster spot to avoid the cost... but alright... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt figuring get under 1 year with the expectation that we're going to be over for the next few years and the repeater tax being what it is... but then that next year comes and it appears we're still simply trying to get under the tax...

...and this is all with an MVP caliber talent and a legit shot to win it all...

...imo...

7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

If Tilman is going to run the Rockets like the rest of his businesses, we're looking at a long stretch of -just- playoff teams, not competing at the highest levels.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool. William Shakespeare

Nook likes this.
  9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm still in the process of reading SUAL but I would say its a great book if you're in the business. From your post it does indicate you have a small business. It's a quick read but he gives basic leadership principles in terms of dedicating things to ones business. Of course customer service (hospitality) is a forefront in terms of novelty in the book but he discusses other things that might keep a business afloat.

One book I would highly recommend is Bob Iger's "Ride of a Lifetime"

SemisolidSnake likes this.
  10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I just want to put it out there that I am totally fine with Tilman winning us a trophy and then taking it home. I don't give a **** about the actual physical trophy, and I just want our Rockets to win the NBA and be recognized for it.

Wooderson, kjayp, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  11. SemisolidSnake

Well, that would at worst put it in Galveston if not Houston, which is why most everyone wanted him to buy the team in the first place, because he was actually from and invested in the Houston area.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Like I said, if he can avoid ****ing up a title by taking advantage of the contender handed to him on a silver platter with an all time player and guarantees him a huge profit on his loan - which even Les managed to do - he can do whatever the hell he wants with that trophy.

Nook likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Alright....since when does disliking Tilman mean I have to like Les Alexander. I know its unheard of....but you can dislike both. :D

King1 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is it not possible that both are POS, not that I'm saying either were.

Maybe.

King1 and HP3 like this.
  15. SemisolidSnake

Oh, I'm not challenging you. I agree. I'm not convinced it all comes down to Tilman's spending whether we win or lose, but I certainly don't want that to be a negative factor. I just was being quippy since there's not many miles to go if he does take a potential trophy "home."

Mathloom likes this.
  16. Wooderson

Wooderson Member

I want to watch a lot of sports media types cry and try to explain it away.

Mathloom likes this.