1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Tilman Ferttita Twitter burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ramotadab, Jan 8, 2020.

1. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Tilman... Tinman... conicidence...? ;)

ramotadab likes this.
  2. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top 5 reasons I dislike Tilman
    1. He doesnt listen. Hes too busy yelling Shut up and Listen.
    2. In bed with China. China should be secondary to the Clutch fanbase, but sadly it's not.
    3. China gets a chinese Jersey as soon as they ask for one. Clutchfans has to b**** and type for 10 years to get any new jersey traction.
    4. His Saltgrass restaurant once brought me a salad with a stray pube in it.
    5. He reminds me of the character Russ Hanneman from Silicon Valley. In that, hes fine with spending money as long as he doesnt get kicked out of the 3 comma club.

3. Victorious

Victorious Member

Account is now deactivated! lolllI it was really him or someone close

HP3, ramotadab and D-rock like this.
  4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tilman would give a hobo a handy if he thought it would get him under the luxury tax line.....

D-rock likes this.
  5. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

The account has been deleted..........

Bo6 and D-rock like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I thought you were going to say, "His Saltgrass restaurant serves pathetically small portions but charges beaucoup." Your complaint is better than mine. Can't say I've noticed my food being Tyler Durdened.

But when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. You could've used it to floss (well, except you probably didn't eat the meal and didn't need to floss).

7. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

Does anyone have screenshots of these tweets?

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Tilman has the greatest player to ever attempt to put a basketball in a hoop, and he cares more about the bottom line than winning a championship.

I hope he sees any and all fan and media criticism headed his way.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Or a single Rockets-related interview of his that didn't come off as duplicitous and deceitful.

BMoney, clutchdabear and mikol13 like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Leslie was in bed with China, not Tilman. @tinman

tinman likes this.
  11. MystikArkitect

First time knowing Tilman?

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

For those hating on Tilman while praising Les, is there a logical reason why? Outside of Tilman being outspoken, I really can't see any other differences between the 2:
    • While Tilman looks to be cheap, Les WAS cheap. Both have done everything they could to avoid paying the LT.
    • Despite common misconception, Les did not build us a championship roster, he bought the team with the roster already in place. In fact, Les refused to tank in order to keep fans interested which led to a super long playoffs drought.
    • Tilman showed some Chinese money tendencies after the Morey tweet, but it was Les that made that bed before even Morey was on the team.
    • Our lower bowl is always empty because Les sold those tickets to corporations instead of fans. Whether Tilman is continuing that trend or there is a contract in place is TBD.

13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Tilman so cheap, he won't even pay shill accounts to defend him on social media :confused:

D-rock likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

For those that also praise Les while bashing Tilman, it's likely because Tilman is unlikable, self absorbed and continues to say one thing while doing the other. He plasters his face everywhere. Shoves his family down your throat. And keeps wild animals caged in downtown Houston.

[​IMG]

pugsly8422, HP3, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  15. JW86

JW86 Member

True. Ask yourself this question: Would Leslie have done the CP3 trade if he would've stayed the owner?

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point I want @Clutch to give tests to newbs to what city the Rockets play for

I'm certain there are PLENTY who don't know

BHannes2BHonest and J.R. like this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you don't know that Les thought about moving the Rockets to Kentucky, then you fail Rockets history.

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNTS NOW

@J.R.

J.R. likes this.
  18. vince

vince Member

I’m a bit perplexed. I thought that every year you are over the luxury tax it amplifies the penalty for the following year.

And aren’t the Rockets expected to be over the luxury tax starting next year for about 3 years or through Harden and Russell contracts.

Hence avoiding the luxury tax this year would make sense.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

makes sense for a cheap owner sure but if you're trying to win a ship now and surround your now prime mvp player with quality role players, not really. you want to surround him with as much talent as possible rather then trying to cheap out and sign the Thabo's of the world and think they're going to do anything. not to mention everyone gets a year older and adds more miles on a not so young team.

who knows what will happen in the coming years that could potentially have LTS in full effect again. In this league, a lot can happen on any night that can completely change the dynamic of a team in an instant. If now's not the time to get in the LT, then when is. We can only judge by the actual moves being made and here we are. don't tell everyone you're not scared of LT and that you're going to pay it, then go right ahead and do the opposite like nobody would notice

clutchdabear and Gray_Jay like this.
  20. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

To be fair, Les started the affair with China that has been long lived from the Yao era and even going past the brief Lin era. The amount of YOF's are very minuscule now but there are some straggling LOF's that have yet to leave the board to this date. THAT'S how much of an impact China had on us.

I honestly don't know if Tilman is as bad, worse, or better owner wise than Les. The only difference is the team and titles that Les (in a way) inherited when he bought the team. Time will tell, but you certainly can't put the Chinese love affair on Tilman. This was something that was germinated by Les and eventually grew beyond the organization itself. Which is why Morey blowing it all up was so ironic... but that's another subject in itself.

#40 FLASH21, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020