1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 Texas High School Football Playoffs

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by tellitlikeitis, Nov 15, 2018.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Didn’t want to turn in his cell phone before the game per team rules. Kid is elite talent but has some issues, second time he’s been a suspended this season.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

Knucklehead.

3. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

North Shore was way more disciplined this year. Last year the penalties (over 107yds against NS vs. something like 15yds agains Duncanville) NS is what kept the 2018 game tight. They were within field goal range with seconds left but a penalty sent them back out of range resulting in the Hail Mary.

This year the officiating was much closer with 30yds NS vs. 25yds Duncanville.

NS sent a total of 5 players home the night before the game due to team rule violations including Zach Evans, a WR and their FS. Everyone I know was happy the coach stuck to his rules and sent Evans home. They say that kid is really smart (graduating early) but needed an ego check. Duncanville was without their starting QB.

NS's QB still has another year left so I'm hoping to see them in Arlington again next year.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

With regards to Evans, he was supposed to announce his college choice last night at the UA game but delayed it the last minute. Word is he signed with Georgia but might be trying to get out of his LOI now.

Kid is an unbelievable talent but was suspended for most of the season for punching a coach apparently and than sent home for the state championship game for not wanting to turn in his cell phone per team rules.

5. Buck Turgidson

Georgia has let him out of his letter of intent.

Starting to remind me of Ben Gay: all the talent in the world but a total knucklehead.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

raining threes and J.R. like this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Buck Turgidson

This Westlake v. North Shore Semifinal is a great, great game. Both undefeated. AW beats teams average 55-4. NS beats teams average 50-14.

Westlake wins 24-21.

Westlake's defense is stupid good

raining threes likes this.
  10. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Interesting Matchup with Southlake Carroll vs. Austin Westlake in the State Championship. The last time these 2 met in the final, Carroll was coached by Todd Dodge and his son Riley was sick the week before the game. He still QB'd the game and threw up on the field right before throwing the game-winning TD. This week Riley Dodge is recovering from the Coronavirus but expected to COACH Carroll against Westlake..who is now coached by his dad Todd Dodge. Father vs. Son for the state Title. Time to watch some Dodgeball.

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

My neighborhood high school, Cedar Park, is back in the 5A finals game for the 4th time since 2012. Imagine Cedar Park, Lake Travis, and Westlake are all 30 minutes from each other.

12. Buck Turgidson

Just started watching the Dodge Bowl, 14-14 at end of Q1. Both of these teams are really good. Quinn Ewers is the best prototypical QB I've seen come out of Texas since Garrett Gilbert, but that's not a knock. Not many schools in the State were really used to defending that offense when Gilbert was around: it was Andre Ware, Danny Weurffel, make at most 2 reads after the snap and throw because your guy will be open. Repetition not brain thought.

Ewers is really good. So is the Westlake QB, Cade Klubnik (he's a Junior I believe)

13. Buck Turgidson

For other fun TX HS Football entertainments, I'll post this again:

DFWRocket and raining threes like this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Klubnik was the better QB today, he impressed me, that had a ton to do with the defense they were going against. Ewers is going to be very good.

Remember Jaden Greathouse, Soph WR for Westlake. He's huge and fast, should grow into an outstanding pass-catching TE.

They were the 2 most impressive players on the field today.

15. Buck Turgidson

I would kill to find the full game of this: VY and Madison vs Austin Westlake, this is also one of the greatest HS football games I've ever seen

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

17. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]

18. Frank Drebin

Frank Drebin Member

But who would you rather have under center for the Horns? Ewers or Klubnick?

19. Buck Turgidson

How the hell should I know?

20. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Katy still good.