1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christmas Haul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Dec 26, 2019.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Seeing what folks got this year.

I got:
    Bed sheets and comforter
    New iPad (my old one still works fine, but I've been told you need to replace them every couple of years. Someone tell me if that isn't the case)
    Sweater
    Knockoff Yeti with my company name (some broad threw my last one out when she shut us down, which I think was really crappy of her. I even helped her out with her rent when she did that...)
    Uber gift card (have no idea how that works)
    James Avery chain for my Dad's Cross (he passed a few years ago)

But the coolest gift was one I accidentally got myself. My mom asked for a really nice knife for Christmas so I ordered a Miyabi from Amazon. Told me a couple weeks later that the shipment was lost. I got a refund and reordered it. Was supposed to be here on the 20th. The 20th came and went, and Amazon said it would be here on the 27th. Homey don't play that. I contacted them (my job is phone sales) and said they screwed up my Christmas. After 20 minutes, I got a refund, recompensed the full $100 value of the knife, and I still get to keep the knife when it arrives in the next few days. I went to BB&B to get another knife for Christmas. The one I wanted wasn't available, so after talking to two managers, I got them to give me the showroom model and I still got 20% off. Might not be a very cool story but, hey. Free Knife!

What did y'all get?

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Portable work bench, impact driver, some books, an Orvis flannel shirt, some more books, a handcrank weather band emergency radio, peppermint bark, another couple of books, and whoppers.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  3. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Titos handle of Vodka, milanese watch band, Macallan 12, underwear, socks, money clip, Sinatra edition Jack Daniels...overall a great day and got to spend it with friends and family...

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

fwiw: this comes with a free year subscription to the new Apple+ channel. It has quite a few new original TV shows.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. Roscoe Arbuckle

So does popcorn time and a VPN. Lol.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Will you give me your free subscription, then? j/k

#6 heypartner, Dec 26, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2019
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You really don't need to replace the iPad until you notice it slow down or become limited.

On mine it was because it was the OS updates (Apples 32 bit to 64 bit change) and being that my extremely old iPad 4th Gen wasnt even allowed to get the update (it only had the 32 bit proc, I think it wasn't until the 5th or 6th gen that they had 64 bit iirc), so even with a clean factory load and after initial setup you basically couldn't even download the Netflix app etc. from the Apple store due to you being stuck on the older OS. If you didn't do a restore the old apps would work as long as the provider didn't turn them off. So after that... Then you're forced to upgrade the iPad or jailbreak the OS. After years of use I really couldn't complain, and for Whatever reason, people were still buying 4th Gen ipads at the time for more than $100+.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

got a beard shaver that seems to be good at producing blood

peleincubus and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Be a Servant.

10. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Texans shirt, dress shoes, a bracelet and a G shock.

12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I got some shoes and clothes and a cool little helicopter to play with. I don't care for gifts, so it's cool that my wife insists and gets me a few things that I otherwise wouldn't have bought but I do like.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Underwear and cash

15. Nook

Nook Member

My wife got me some Luchese boots. That is it, except tamales. I mostly just have everyone (Extended family/friends) give my wife a list of what they want. My wife is great about taking care that everyone gets what they want and those that need money for Santa Claus get it. I then wander in the front room when it is a free for all with everyone opening everything.

I then go eat my tamales in the front dinning room alone or talk to someone if they wander in and then fall asleep in the great room in my chair while everyone is talking.

works for me.

CometsWin, BMoney, CCity Zero and 2 others like this.
  16. Buck Turgidson

What kinda Lucchese's?

Loucheeses are good too.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

18. Nook

Nook Member

Damn auto correct.

She really was pressing me so I showed her a pair of chocolate gator boots and then a couple simple calf skin boots months ago. She ended up getting me a pair of ostrich boots in black/pecan color. Great boots, I love them. The heel is taller than I am used to but that’s okay.

whiskeyred and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Bottle of crown apple, bbq grill accessories, and new set of cornhole bags.

20. Buck Turgidson

Bro gave me a Chinese cleaver, 4 other knives, a sharpening stick, 2 different instant-read thermometers, and a knife roll to put it all in.

All I bought him was $100 of **** for his dog.

Gotta go large on his Easter b-day, I guess.

Nook likes this.