1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bill and Ted 3 film in the works

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Sep 24, 2010.

1. droxford

droxford Member

This movie is going to be stupid, ridiculous, and unbelievable, with a dumb story and cheesy dialogue.

I'm looking forward to it.

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Death stole the show in Bogus Journey. I hope they bring him back.

I looked up the Princesses.....maybe recast them...

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

4. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Bill and Ted's Bogus Hip Replacement Surgery" sounds like an appropriate working title to me.

It's going to be nostalgia for the demographic that doesnt go to the movies anymore.

Jontro and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I will see it in the theater.

6. Buck Turgidson

I...am an...FBI...AGENT!

No you're not. You're not even Ted anymore. You're that sad guy on the park bench.

CCity Zero and Jontro like this.
  7. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Sorry, but I’m 3/4 of the way through James and Chris 2

8. Xerobull

MOVIES

Death Returns in First Images from ‘Bill and Ted Face the Music’!

Brad Miska
    [​IMG]
    “How’s it hanging, Death?”

EW has shared the first ever photos from Bill & Ted Face the Music, one of which gives us our first look at the return of William Sadler‘s iconic Death!

The Grim Reaper first appeared in the Excellent Adventure sequel Bogus Journey in which Bill and Ted challenge Death to several games in order to escape Hell. Becoming their servant, he helps the duo win the Battle of the Bands and save the world.

There’s also a shot of an older Alex Winter and Keanu Reeves as the title characters in the now-famous time-traveling phonebooth (hey kids, a phonebooth is a public place people used to have to go in order to make a phone call).

[​IMG]

Lastly, below is a first look at Samara Weaving (Mayhem, Ready or Not) as Thea Preston, Bill’s daughter, and Brigette Lundy-Paine (“Atypical”) as Billie Logan, Ted’s daughter! Scott Mescudi is also pictured with the duo.

As EW explains, this third Bill & Ted film finds Winter’s Bill S. Preston Esq. and Reeves’ Ted Theodore Logan III still trying to create music for their band, Wyld Stallyns, which they learned back in 1989’s Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure will inspire the utopian society of the future.

“They were told when they were teenagers that they were going to save reality, and they’ve been working on it the whole time,” says co-writer Chris Matheson. “Now an emissary from the future comes and says, ‘You’ve got to do it right now. We’ve got literally 80 minutes or all of reality will come to an end.’”

The pair are aided in their quest by their daughters. “The daughters really love their dads’ music and want to help them,” Matheson says.

Here’s the official synopsis:

The stakes are higher than ever for the time-traveling exploits of William “Bill” S. Preston Esq. and Theodore “Ted” Logan. Yet to fulfill their rock and roll destiny, the now middle-aged best friends set out on a new adventure when a visitor from the future warns them that only their song can save life as we know it. Along the way, they will be helped by their daughters, a new batch of historical figures, and a few music legends – to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe.

Bill and Ted will face the music on August 21, 2020.

[​IMG]
    Brigette Lundy-Paine, Scott Mescudi and Samara Weaving in Orion Pictures’ BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC

No Worries, FrontRunner and ryan_98 like this.
  9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In case nobody ever got the joke when they were kids, the appearance of Death in the Bill & Ted movies references the Ingmar Bergman film, The Seventh Seal, which is a very serious, artsy and self-important Swedish film where Max von Sydow is a crusader who plays a game of chess with Death to determine whether he dies of bubonic plague after returning home.

That's why death, played by William Sadler who was the very American bad guy in Die Hard 2 played Death with a silly Swedish accent.

It's a very high-brow film nerd joke for such a silly movie.

Here's a nerdy film nerd having a nerdgasm explaining the plot:

#49 Ottomaton, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    Xerobull, Buck Turgidson and ryan_98 like this.
  10. boomboom

Supporting Member

This is going to be so EXCELLENT!

Uprising and No Worries like this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

or MOST EGREGIOUS.

Uprising and boomboom like this.
  12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I kind of love the blank looks on the two girls in the shot above. If they can pull off that same delightful cluelessness that Reeves and Winters did so well in the first two, they will be a nice addition.

I am unreasonably --probably irrationally and inadvisably -- excited about this movie.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

So my guess is Bill and Ted realize that Rufus was joking with them the entire time, and that they are not needed to form the perfect society.

14. Xerobull

15. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Trailer....

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Strange things are afoot at the Circle-K.

CCity Zero, No Worries and boomboom like this.
  17. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Yeah, the Hollywood trope would be that they are smart girls that help their clueless, idiot Dads. If they are clueless idiots too, it would be special.

No Worries likes this.
  18. boomboom

Supporting Member

Re: the trailer...I'm totally cool with Alex Winter. He looks exactly like he should for this movie. As for Keanu...I..cannot...get...John...Wick...out...of...my...head.

19. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I was thinking the same exact thing.

CCity Zero and boomboom like this.
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I've got a REAL bad feeling about this...