1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I have opinions on that as well but it doesn't address my initial question.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. TheresTheDagger

Being completely honest, I can say I do not do this. I've known dozens of Black people in my life and not one of them is a criminal nor would I ever suspect them of being one.

Skin color is a stupid determinant of criminal activity alone. Behavior is the ONLY real determinant.

amaru likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Banned Jazz fan sues team, Russell Westbrook

The Utah Jazz fan permanently banned from Vivint Smart Home Arena following a verbal confrontation with Russell Westbrook during a game there last season is suing the team and the point guard.

In the lawsuit filed Monday, a copy of which was obtained by The Salt Lake Tribune, Shane Keisel claims that language he and his girlfriend, Jennifer Huff, used toward Westbrook was "the same kind and caliber as that of the other audience members in the section" -- and not racist and derogatory, as the then-Oklahoma City Thunder star alleged at the time.

Keisel and Huff, are seeking $100 million in damages on claims of defamation and emotional distress, per the lawsuit obtained by the Tribune.

The incident in question occurred last March.

After an OKC win, video of Westbrook saying, "I'll f--- you up" to Keisel and Huff while standing near the end of the Thunder bench went viral. Westbrook said it was an emotional reaction to Keisel telling him, "Get on your knees like you're used to," a comment Westbrook considered "completely disrespectful" and "racial."

Keisel claimed at the time that he told Westbrook to "ice those knees up," and in Monday's lawsuit, he reiterated that what he said to Westbrook, now a member of the Rockets, was mischaracterized. He added that his family has been harassed and that he has lost work since the incident.

The Jazz banned Keisel permanently last March. The NBA fined Westbrook $25,000 "for directing profanity and threatening language to a fan."

"The organization investigated the underlying incident and acted in an appropriate and responsible manner," Frank Zang, senior vice president of communications for Larry H. Miller Sports and Entertainment, told the Tribune. "We intend to vigorously defend the lawsuit."

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

6. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Wow $100 million.

Time for WB to get his homies to f him up like he said he would

Jontro and roslolian like this.
  7. TimDuncanDonaut

I don't know what's more offensive, frivolous lawsuits like this or Lebron tried (and then failed) to trademark Taco Tuesday o_O.

Handles, Jontro, donkeypunch and 3 others like this.
  8. rockets13champs

This jazz fan is so dumb lmfao

Jontro, roslolian and Roomba like this.
  9. Sajan

Sajan Member

lol 10000000 million trillion dollars.
    whay whay

10. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Him and his wife.

just kidding, of course, I don't condone violence....100 million though? He deserves a smack for even thinking he'd get that.

Handles and don grahamleone like this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

FIFY

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

what was the follow up tho? did wb indeed have a 3some with the couple?

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m glad that clown has lost work...once this garbage lawsuit gets thrown out he can go back to his miserable life

King1, Handles and don grahamleone like this.
  14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Just because you pay to see someone doesn't make you immune from consequences. Fighting a fan should come with the same penalty as fighting another player. Let a few 6'5 guys punch someone in the face and see how quickly **** like this stops.

Dudes that get disrespectful at games are the dudes that say they've been in hundreds of street fights but have not actually been in one. There's a level disrespect that people get to when they never have been checked in their lives.

This Jazz fan went to far and is upset he was the one called out. Now he wants money o_O

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

WHY NOT A GAZILLION DOLLARS 100 MILLION WHATS THAT?

don grahamleone likes this.
  16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

That big round number tells me it’s not a big deal.

17. Handles

Handles Member

$100 million lol. I don't care how many jobs he's lost due to this. He and his wife combined aren't making $100 million in ten of their lifetimes together. What a ridiculous amount. Just sit down, fan. You're somehow making yourself look worse.

18. AirPower

AirPower Member

I don't think it is inherent in being conservative.... if that's the case then Philadelphia wouldn't have the worst fans in all of sports, or you wouldn't have soccer hooligans in European liberal bastions.

People with bad character do bad things, doesn't matter what part of the political spectrum they fall on. There are plenty of examples of people/fan bases that fall in the "liberal" spectrum that do far worse than the fans in Utah, but it doesn't mean that it's "liberal colors flying high".

#558 AirPower, Dec 19, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I understand what you’re saying.

But those people are being a**holes in a different way. Belligerent drunks screaming at you in Philly about your mom being a w****. Is different than bringing race into it. And that’s what I mean by conservative colors flying high.

Are there for example racist black people that are liberal. Lol uh yes, hell yeah there are. I am white though and I can point out how it’s ironic that a conservative city like Salt Lake having the worst fans in the nba and spitting out racist vitriol to nba players that are predominately black.

So sorry if i insulted your sensibilities. But the analogy of liberal colors flying high in Philadelphia and soccer hooligans is off.

20. eman

eman Contributing Member