1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Video: Could James Harden Score 100 Points In An NBA Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

it would take him being on fire the entire night against a scrub team, and the scrub team managing to take the Rockets to multiple OTs

so basically play like he did against Atlanta against a team like the Knicks finishing with around 80 in regulation, and then scoring the remaining 20 or so in probably 2 OT

the circumstances required to do it are too much

most realistic is that he scores 70 something

BaselineFade, JW86 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

I've never been more confident that a player will get 70+ in a game (sometime this season) than Harden. But, no go on 100

#3 xaos, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Yes, and the Rockets need to let him try at least once.

SamFisher and D-rock like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he will score 100 and it wont be what is considered a logical scenario at this point in time

SamFisher likes this.
  6. dejamike

dejamike Member

A lot of things have to happen for him to score 100.... not only he has to be on Fire the whole game, but the game also has to be close.... if not, he would be pull just like the Hawks game.

7. JW86

JW86 Member

No, virtually impossible. And I don’t think Wilt’s 100 is like it would be today. Though Booker’s 70 and Klay’s 14 threes were ridiculously easy given the defense, they basically watched them score.

8. macan

macan Member

it needs to be a tight game so MDA won't sit Harden down. maybe also a double OTs
    he can score 70 in 4 quarters. then another 30 in double OTs

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  9. omgTHEpotential

Last I checked Jalen Rose is retired

Richie_Rich likes this.
  10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The only realistic chance of Harden scoring 100 is if the Rockets end up tanking a season and the games at the end are so meaningless that the team decides to just let him shoot 60 times for fun in the last game. Like when Kobe went out scoring 60 in his last game.

I don’t see him or anyone else scoring 100 in an actually competitive game where the stakes matter. Even the Wilt 100 point game would be viewed as a embarrassment against competitive basketball if witnessed today. The end of that game, from what I’ve read, was ridiculous. Wilt’s team force fed him the ball and fouled the other team intentionally to get him more possessions to get to 100.

SamFisher and hakeem94 like this.
  11. jayland

jayland Member

Harden probably could but there's no reason for him to have to score that many points to win a game with this roster.

When Kobe scored 81, Smush Parker, Chris Mihm and Kwame Brown were all starters. If Harden had to play with those losers as starters he'll probably jack up every shot and never pass the ball either.

12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I think he can surpass Kobe's 81 this year. He just seems primed for it. I also think he will break the single game 3 point record this year. A team is going to decide to single cover him in a close game and the magic will happen.

hakeem94, D-rock and xaos like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not a chance. To put it in perspective, when Harden hit 60 points in 3 quarters, he still needed to break Klay Thompson's record of 37 points in one quarter by 4 points to beat Wilt's record -- he still needed another 41 points in 1 quarter! I think Harden would also start gassing out by the time he gets to 100 and his shooting would suffer. Any game by him hitting 100 would probably have to involve him destroying the NBA 3 pointers made record.

The only way anybody hits 100 is if they institute rule changes. Like a 4-point shot or something. I used to think the Big O's record of averaging a triple double in a season would never be broken, but nowadays, it's not quite so untouchable. Some of it probably has to do with the fact you can't club players as they try to drive or rebound. lol.

xaos likes this.
  14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

100, no. 81... I think he can do that in the right situation. Could have done it against Atlanta but would have looked bad.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

i bet harden could average 40 points if he played in today's nba

jcf, SamFisher and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

What happens in Hershey PA stays in Hershey PA son