1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

" I'd Average 40 If I Played For Today's Houston Rockets" - Rockets Legend Scottie Pippen

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 12, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

his wife is hot tho

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

For those of you that have forgotten about Pigpen's offensive limitations, just go back and watch him play for Rockets against the Lakers in the playoffs.

The man struggled to score despite Rudy giving him isolation opportunities to score.

It wasn't against some complicated team defense with double teams and crazy schemes.

Just simple one on one and he was having a hard time lol

He should be happy we have soft and ignorant commentators and analysts in this country that are pretty much lackeys.

If this was England, he would have been butchered on the spot by the analysts and then later on in the press.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , No you wouldn't …. You were not nearly a good enough shooter nor did you get to the line enough.

You'd be a poor man's version of PJ Tucker on this team …. .

4. Nook

Nook Member

what is that worth if she takes knee pads in her purse every time she leaves the house?

Zboy and macan like this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Pigpen is not poor and if you say he is then he will sue you.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Define his.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

What I have to say to Snottie Quittin ….

[​IMG]

don grahamleone, B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  8. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I agree.

TMac you can at least respect he won a scoring title, if we took peak scoring TMac in 03 I could see him near a 35 ppg average if he shot more threes than long twos, but agree I don't think he would approach 40 per game. It would likely reduce his 3pt percentage a little with higher volume and FT rate with less drives but 35 per game wouldn't be impossible, but a lot would have to go right including staying healthy the whole year.

But as for Pippen, his claim I can't take seriously at all and reeks of a player thinking he was better than he was, especially when we have evidence when he was given the reigns offensively.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  9. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

10. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Of course, he'd average 50 if he weren't such a quitter.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

D’Antoni has been in the league for some many years and coached many star players. No one has averaged or scored at this rate consistently like Harden has under him. This whole viewpoint of “D’Antoni system” is taking away Hardens hard work on his offensive game and his unique style of play that no coach can teach. Give Harden the credit he deserves. D’Antoni recognises Hardens strengths and have adjusted to Hardens style of play. This may not be necessarily true if Pippen played. He was nowhere close to Hardens ball-handling skills, iso dominance and shooting ability from such long range.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

in the 90's he was jordan's pet. today he would be harden's pet.

same status, different master.

D-rock, don grahamleone and hakeem94 like this.
  13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

By the time Morey came around TMAC was a shell of himself. His athleticism was pretty much gone. The year he averaged 32 a game, he shot 6 threes a game at almost 39%. That is plenty good enough to do it. I do think in his prime Orlando year he might have pulled it off, but not the one the Rockets had after the back injuries.

joshuaao and hakeem94 like this.
  14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

his wife openly cheats on him. scottie the cuck cant say anything about the beard.

Rocket River, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Harden should rest cavs games.

Brick, single man, is more than enough to beat cavs.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That guy couldn’t a three pointer or make a clutch play when he was with us
    That was under Rudy too with a green light all day

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Scottie Pippen honestly was a Spot Up Terrible 3 Point Shooter when he was dumping it down Back it up Back it up Back it Up in the Post Charles Barkley Old Behind. Charles Barkley Stupid Back it Up Post Move made the League Change the Rule. Scottie Pippen was a terrible Jim Jackson.
    Scottie Pippen had Zero Dribbling Moves, Like None. No wonder Mrs. Pippen Cheated on him.

don grahamleone likes this.
  18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Jealousy is really something with these old has beens.

James Harden is Single, Dates Random Women, Scottie Pippen is Married to a Cheater, Scared to Divorce, She can take whatever ge has left.

James Harden has his own Shoe with a Huge Contract. Scottie Pippen was a bootleg Nike.

James Harden can lead a Team with unbelievable Scoring, Crossover Dribbles, Shammgod, Iverson, The Professor, And1 moves. Can Shoot deep 3s, has a Jordan stepback, pump fake, Manu Eurostep, Pierce Stepback.

Scottie just quits and complains, sits out.

Matt Bullard was on the Bus when Scottie was sitting in the back and made comments of how bad his teammates were to his trainer I believe. Scottie is a Diva.

James is a Smart Business Man, invested in the Dynamo and becane a Owner, Scottie got swindled by investing in scammers, and became broke, played a year in Euroleague I believe, begged Jordan to help him and the Bulls, Jordan I think ignored him. Scottie did say LeBron is better than Jordan because of it.

James Harden helps poor kids in urban areas, with backpacks and school supplies, Upgrade Basketball Court in his High School. Jamea gave money to poor people, helps out in shelter home.
    Scottie wastes money on gold digging Larsa.

19. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Funniest sarcastic joke of 2019 candidate.

Pippen couldn't shoot, like Harden, Luka, Kyrie, Steph, nor Kawhi. He never had equal point guard ability, like Dame, LBJ, or even Lowry.

Good facilitator, but not on this level, also he was rarely guarded, like these other guys.

hakeem94, Richie_Rich, Zboy and 2 others like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Let's not disrespect Pippen's game.

He was an all time great.

Would he be as good now as he was then...I don't know. I think the most similar comparison is Giannis. I don't think he'd be as good as Giannis because Giannis can create for others, but the skillset is really all I'm looking at and how he affects the game...Giannis a much better offensive player though, just a better player overall than him IMO. He'd be more of a big in today's game and would still likely be an all-star player on defense alone I believe as he was one of the best.

I do think it is silly to compare eras. Obviously, if Pippen were born in this era he'd be trained a different way too.

I think all time greats would have found a way to make it work.

The hate is funny though. Just watch how the media reacts when Doncic has a big game vs Harden...it's so blatant man.

plutoblue11 likes this.