1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/11/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I
    It's not so much the scoring----though that has been awesome from him lately---it's not wasting possessions with his terrible mid and long range shooting. Tonight, 2-6 2pt FG outside the lane, 1-4 3pt. 3-10 total outside the lane. Not great, but I'll take it. I'd prefer 40 percent on those OTL shots. His two games before that were better in that regard. MUCH better than some 3-19 disaster, earlier in the year.

Don't waste possessions. 7 boards, 6 assists, only 2 TO. I'll take that even with poor outside shooting. Work in progress.

Not good, needing the last minute to beat a 4 and a bunch of losses team. Even on their court.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden is the regular season offensive GOAT...teams have resorted to doubling him every possession because if they don’t he’s dropping at least 40

D-rock, Plowman, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

It’s unrealistic to play that kind of defense he played in the crunch for 48 minutes given the huge load he carries on offense. This is where the defensive guys who’s roles on this team are defined by being defenders need to step up.harden did what he needed to do on both ends in the clutch. To bash harden for this monstrous game is just absurd

#563 riko, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    D-rock, jcf, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  4. JackLordsHair66

Really for real ? Weird because teams like the Bucks, Lakers, Clippers, Heat, 76ers, Celtics and even the Mavs must be pretty stupid then because they all appear to be playing solid defense and oddly ALL are the top teams record wise in the league. Weird huh ?

Lurch likes this.
  5. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I love Harden.

I hate our defense.

Do we have a stat on 10 point leads evaporating? I swear we must lead the league. We’ve been up 10 in almost all our games.

gfab-babyboi and Lurch like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is hitting his free throws as well

Gray_Jay, Patience and hakeem94 like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

buddy, have they won any titles this month already? ......... no?
    well there you go....
    [​IMG]

8. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

I mean how many open 3s and shots at the rim are we going to give teams? What happened to our defense that gives up long 2s and contests everything? It’s ridiculous. I am super frustrated watching the defense

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i think tilman and perhaps even harden(i mean remember the concussion and all that) is covertly manipulating our leads for illegal betting purposes offshore
    i mean why wouldnt he? its a freeeeeee money!!!!!

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you can be hurt playing defense just ask paul george if you dont trust me... the playoffs are when you play defense... regular season dont matter

I mean look at me and my buddies, do these dudes look like they are playing playoff defense ? no of course, its not that time of the year yet.. look at all the long sleeves and all that
    [​IMG]

#570 hakeem94, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Would it hurt to surround Harden with 4 all-defense team level players?

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You have to pay above the vet minimum for All-defense players

Tilman is not willing to do so

D-rock and pr0wler like this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I wasn't able to watch but see they barely squeaked by a win against the Cavs after blowing a late double digit lead.

Seems like the same culprits this year. Turnovers and open 3s/2s.

They have a <10% chance of winning a title. Not with this defense. The 10% possibility is because with this offense every game, regardless of opponent strength, will be the same and they'll be in it.

15. amaru

amaru Member

Of course he was. Doesn’t change the fact that we need to consistently have inbound plays for end of game situations.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We didn't deserve to win this won, should of been a loss. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its november buddy....playoffs is 6 months away.. this team will be top 5 offense after all star break... save this and quote me

jcf likes this.
  18. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What?? They're 3rd in offense right now already??

D-rock and pr0wler like this.
  19. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

How much do you think the total handle on any one NBA game is? What percentage of that per-game total do you think this hypothetically-cheating-Fertitta could win? Finally, what percentage of the obscene purchase price for the Rockets would those hypothetical winnings comprise?

Now consider that owners have been forced to sell their teams on much more mild grounds than colluding to determine a game's outcome in order to win some wager. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a penalty clause in the purchase agreement that allows the NBA to assume ownership of the team, without compensation, if any gambling conspiracy like that is shown.

I think Tilman Fertitta's a cheap, loudmouth owner. I don't think he's a crook in that way.

20. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really doubt they would have had a 20 something run if Hartenstein had been in when Clint rested. That run was as bad as watching Denver run all over us in the first half of Sunday's game.

House and McLemore weren't doing much of anything, so I just don't get MDA's refusal to put in Hartenstein with Chandler out. Our defense sucks at times, and Hartenstein can at least be a rim defender. He can score too, so I just don't get it. I'm just glad James was able to pull us out of that mess and get us the win.

snowconeman22 likes this.