1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/11/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 11, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

This game would have been easier if our role guys could have hit shots. But shooting comes and goes. The lack of attentiveness on the defensive end is very concerning. Unfortunately, it fits with the reputation of the head coach.

Rocket River, saleem and BasketMAD like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really dont think the Rockets have been leap-frogged. Rockets had a sense of Urgency during the Warriors dynasty. There was a goal to beat them. A warriors win was the carrot.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ego + Gary Clark for Love?

Remlap likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Every game shouldn’t be a nail biter. I’m sorry rockets fans. We’ve suffered so much this season. Hopefully no one went into cardiac arrest watching these games.

5. riko

riko Member

Harden was pretty damn good on the defensive end in the crunch. Seriously did you even watch this game?

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

lol u do know gordon not there...austin sick..tyson sick....n house still under not quite himself after th3 flu right.

omg people do yall know these
    things.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

He doesn't complain because Harden loves to hoop. He would play the whole game if you let him. You have to save Harden from himself. MDA should stop panicking.

jboslett, saleem, amaru and 2 others like this.
  8. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You’d think the Kings loss would have slapped them in the face. Or maybe choking away the Spurs game. Now they almost blow it to the Cavs. At some point taking your opponent seriously might start kicking in. The Rockets are good enough to compete with anyone but they’re lazy and sloppy and you end up with nonsense like this game. Fortunately they generally show up against the good teams. But this team needs focus.

MrSabotage, saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  9. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I agree with Effort being one thing, Just seems like an 82 game season is too much for them...they try for spurts and then regress to their old ways over and over again. BUT I do feel though that is something lacking. Russ and the second unit is not working and I am scared to see what this team would do if harden took a game off with the rest of the roster healthy. Miracles shouldn't be required to beat the cavs with 2 healthy superstars.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. Remlap

Remlap Member

LOL You just contradicted yourself
    Maybe you answered your own question??

saleem likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I know for a fact if we had lost today that it would have been Harden getting the hate. Certain fans expect him to shoot this well and score that amount of points every single game.

12. Bobby Jackson Rules

James Harden is the basketball GOD.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Russel was recruiting hard on Love at the end.

Love would have a field day to do whatever he likes to do in this system

Remlap and DaDakota like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

The fact is....if yall want MDA to play the bench more, they have to stop collapsing EVERY time Harden goes to the Bench man. When Westbrook(who had a good game) was by himself with the bench unit, everything went to crap. Macelmore couldn't hit anything, and neither could house. And Im pretty sure almost our whole team was bad on defense tonight, even PJ.

BaselineFade, Reeko, joshuaao and 6 others like this.
  15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

exaxt..like what more do people want from him. he been playing pretty good d this year plus givibg u 40...n people still hate him lol...our on fans mind u...even my brother n we a diehard roxkets family but for some reqson people keep grinding this axe against harden

riko and Gray_Jay like this.
  16. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

I've always liked his broadcasts too. Thought he had good chemistry with Blank. Why'd they break off Joel Blank? I like Clanton in studio, but just not the same in the booth, IMHO.

I'll always have a soft spot for Matt Thomas, being the calm voice of sanity on 740 when Harvey came to Houston.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whew.

DD

saleem likes this.
  18. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, they turn it up after all star break, but I need us to be at least the #2 seed going in with at top 5-10 defense before that.

Playoff seeding and building strong defensive habits are very important come April, May and June. These early games add up.

#537 OkayAyeReloaded, Dec 11, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

KLove is so washed and overpaid. I hope Morey doesn't trade for him.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

21. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

u know what we most finna win a ring...vause everyone is just antsy in houston...my old man even told me i was young but rememberd...that it was a time when people was giving up on hakeem until by year 10 he won....i fig this the same thing with harden.

he at that point now where no matter what people gonna hate until he win a ring