1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrick VS CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 6, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

Looks like Paul had a pretty good game the other night. Good for him. He can still help a championship-level team that's close. Unfortunately, all the teams that are close can't really afford to absorb his current contract.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Maybe I'm in the minority, but are there anyone out there that appreciates both CP3 and Russ?

Liked CP3 when he was here, gave us his hammy for a chance to win. Wish him success after us in OKC.

AND still appreciate the positive contribution from Russ, who in recent games, is doing better.

Nobody's perfect. One person was traded for another so I get the desire for comparison. After so many threads. Not sure how constructive it is to always one-sided tear one guy down in order build up another.

We've moved on and I think CP3 has moved on from us. Let's focus on our current roster.

D-rock, BaselineFade, HP3 and 8 others like this.
  3. amaru

amaru Member

Your post is too logical for this board. People don’t want peace, peace is boring.

4. dmoneybangbang

So... only 4 videos.... I wonder how many videos there are of Russ blowing past his man and slamming down a thunderous dunk?

WB video> CP3 videos.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Rational posters do.

Rational posters move on.

Aruba77, hakeem94, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've already moved on from CP3 months ago.

He's still a HOF player so it's no surprise that even at his age he's still really good. I personally don't think he is good enough to be the 2nd superstar player that Harden is going to need come playoff time, but if say the Lakers got him or Nuggets or some other contender believe I'll be pissed about it because he's a great roleplayer now. I don't think that'll happen because of contract, I think he goes to a young team that needs help learning how to win like the Suns or something...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. gotsis

gotsis Member

Yes, for me it's Westbrook at his peak in our system. It's what he can realistically do at a consistent level. Of course some games (like the miami one) he will get hot from midrange or even three and that's a nice bonus, but not sustainable.

The way he played yesterday is sustainable.

smp and hakeem94 like this.
  8. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Agree with you. 100%.

I was sad to see CP3 go, sad as hell, I even watch some OKC and check his box scores. But he is no longer here and Russ is our guy now, and sure, he can get better, and I'm a freaking critic of this guy, but also appreciate what he is doing.

At this moment it's clear that we are not the most popular team on the league and playing our style is not for everyone, so I'm grateful of those who come here to their job. I'll keep bugging about Russ's mistakes, but he is our PG this season, and most likely, for a couple of additional ones.

BaselineFade, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I hated both players before either of them joined the Rockets. So I am no fan of them. But I've always respected CP's game. In his prime, he pretty much had no weakness other than his size.

I used to admire Westbrook's intensity and passion. But after those triple-double hooplas, I realized that he had an overblown view of himself and that he was too self-absorbed (together with some dumb-mindedness) to realize how he was hurting his team. I jumped off his bandwagon and have never gone back up again, not even now.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

That would be me.

CP3 is one of my fav players because of how he can run the offense and defense, is competitive and clutch, has high basketball IQ, and has a nasty side to him which is needed to win.

Westbrook is more flawed than CP3 but at the same time the guy competes every game, wants to win, and can be a one man wrecking crew. I like him but I realize that he is a double edged sword.

If age and health is not a factor then you take CP3 over Westbrook because he is a better and smarter player and also a better fit with Harden.

IMO, with everything else the same, I dont think the Rockets will win this year with either CP3 or WB, so honestly I am not too invested in this debate.

smp, hakeem94 and BeBreezy like this.
  11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

One thing I'd love to remind people when it comes to their personal opinion of Russ.

Remember, unliked Tomball Jimmy, Russ WANTED to be here. Asked to be here. Sought it out.

Stats and performance aside I think more Rocket fans should at least appreciate that. After not even getting meetings with Lebron and Durant, getting turned down by even Tomball Jimmy, Russ gets a few extra like points from me because of that.

split41, BaselineFade, smp and 2 others like this.
  12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Fun fact: Russell Westbrook is shooting 22.9% from three point range and it's still more efficient than his two-point jumpers. He's shooting 33.3% on two-point shots outside three feet, good for 0.66 points per possession. The bad threes are still yielding 0.69 points per possession.

On the bright side, he's shooting a career high 66% inside three feet.

D-rock likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Westbrook has been absolutely sublime the last couple games. If he can stay anywhere close to that, watch out...

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Dare i pray a sign of things to come?

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a sad reality that I totally agree with.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I for one, believe we will win with the westi just as we would have won with cp3 had he stayed!
    [​IMG]

D-rock, HP3 and harold bingo like this.
  18. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

The refs will make sure we will never win.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

dont worry buddy hardens got it... hell figure them out hes the most adaptable playa eva....dont forget the genius of morey and boldness of Tilman... this tink tank will got us there
    [​IMG]

HP3 likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

This board needs more optimism,.....I'm honestly quite tired of the uhhhh "realists" on this board.

D-rock, RudyTBag and hakeem94 like this.