1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Kings @ Rockets 12/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 8, 2019.

1. amaru

amaru Member

I literally watched it 20 times to try to see what PJ saw.......I'm at a loss. The only thing I can think of it that PJ anticipated a lob that was never coming. Just an uncharacteristic, low IQ play from Tuck.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

exactly...u can’t trust game analysis from a LOF

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

So by the same standard, can we ask Harden to hold on to the ball instead of a turnover and spend your stamina on defense just a bit more when you get double teamed so often?

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Classic line for people who claim....

Harden plays no defense
    Watching the Rockets play, sucks
    Harden sucks in the postseason
    Don't vote Harden MVP

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I would hope not because with your obvious anger and spazzing would not make for reasonable context with anyone who has an ounce of reason. I believe Harden’s dunk not counting was absurd. I think Houston was ripped off BIG TIME in Game 1 against the Warriors last year. But if you’re crying refs on this game then you have no idea what it takes to be a winner. Watch that final play again.

GotGame15 likes this.
  6. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don’t think it was necessarily a loss of focus. I will give Walton credit for drawing up a good play. I think Pj saw Barnes slip the pick and cut to the basket and it froze him as he worried about giving up a layup. Credit the guy for making the shot. Most good shooters will not make a 33 footer in crunch time even if they are open.

We executed our offense very will in crunch time and it was great to see, but giving up the offensive rebound that led to the 3 was huge, but that can happen on long rebounds. 50/50 and we Lost

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes.

Russ has been great the past two games, hopefully he keeps it up.

This one stings, they need to win these next 4 games though. If they do I'm confident the teams ahead of us will have similar losses too. Only team I'm worried about is the Lakers.

Clippers aren't so scary, we played them pretty tough and without EGO.

The Lakers though...guess we'll see.

Tfor3 and Mr. Dominant like this.
  8. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

It's crazy. The Kings were literally telling us what they were trying to do before he passed it. Nobody was in the paint at all. They were obviously going for the 3. All we had to do is stick to the man and let them go for a tough 2pt shot in the paint. At least then we've played a little defense.

But yeah, there's no way we're getting top 2 this year..... and I doubt we'll get past the 2nd round. We've had a lot of games this season already where the players have lost focus and threw games away.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im not as disappointed in this crushing loss because I prepared my body with 1 second remaning. I let my body go limp.

[​IMG]

Tfor3, ElPigto, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  10. SemisolidSnake

That last three was just a good shot. A three is a low-percentage shot, and from that distance it's probably extremely low. He made the shot the 1 out of 10 times probably even the best shooters make that shot. The way the final quarter was being called, you're almost certainly seeing a foul call if someone's guarding him even remotely closely, so pick your poison. The real problem lies in that shot ever mattering in the first place.

FANfrom86toNow, hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden and WB are turnover prone guards, they also dominate despite their flaws, what did you expect, mang?
    Everyone else followed suit.
    McLemore has to score 27 pts to win a game like this, won't happen every game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah. I thought maybe he thought he would be switching with House and House didn’t switch...but PJ didn’t even chase that man. He literally just decided to go towards the basket. Maybe he was hoping he could grab his 20th rebound. Fkin at a loss also on what the hell he was thinking.
    I had a $700 parlay that I lost because of that.

hakeem94 and amaru like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know if it's uncharacteristic for Tucker. He's like that sometimes remember the Gordon play against the Knicks. Also he stumbles a lot when he tries really hard.

Oh well I'm not that mad. I feel like we have slowly and surely we will get there. We lost so many competitive down the stretch games,even against th Clippers and Bucks.

The king's are a well coached team. Their offense remind me of Rick Adelmans

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

I would think the same but that's 3 losses in a row where we have had the lead with less than a minute. 4 if you include a double digit lead over the bucks. I could stomach the Bucks and Spurs. But the clippers and this game will definitely come back to haunt the rockets.

bro2044 likes this.
  15. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Just look back at it. The Kings were obviously going for the 3pt shot.... nobody was in the paint at all. All we have to do is stick to our man and play some defense. Now if they hit a heavily contested 3pt shot to the game, that's different story. But he was left wide open to hit a game winning 3pt.... I don't care where he shot it from. It should never happen.

BaselineFade and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Ok. Watched it another 10 times. PJ was thinking he would have to get Harden’s man (Barnes) and Harden would switch off. Now that I know this.....I do not feel better.

EDIT: @amaru I think it may have been Harden’s fault. He had already switched his man once. Maybe the plan was to switch everything.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Just puzzling.

I think the Rockets were going to switch everything but it doesn't matter because PJ never picked up his man.

Overall the team has to value their possessions more, waaaaaaaaaay too many TOs.

At least it looks like the team is pissed about this one. Not that Sacramento is a bad team, they are not, but they were very sloppy and lazy at times, even Russ wasn't even hustling for rebounds until later in the game, so odd for him.

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

The bad side of the coin when you play switch defense as much as we do

Zoplicone likes this.
  19. bj3175

bj3175 Member

When we play up to our capabilities this will not happen. This 4th quarter was a fitting example to our problems in the playoffs. These losses like turning the ball over when the pressure gets tight. Turnovers loss the game for us.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah that was definitely on PJ...sucks, but i can't be mad at the guy, he basically plays defense for two/three guys on this team.

Tfor3, BasketMAD, fryjol7 and 2 others like this.