1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Protest Denied but NBA has disciplined Refs from Rocket-Spurs debacle

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexcapone, Dec 9, 2019.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

GAME ON!, Morey about lose the NBA another billion with another tweet!!

2. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

lets say we never got a big lead on the spurs, what would had happened?
    I know we shouldn’t had lost that game, but still this is such bs

3. vince

vince Member

The NBA is a league about runs. Teams go on runs all the time, it’s quite common. To penalize a team because they were up by 12 points is ludicrous.

4. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Basketball in general is a game of momentum.

vince likes this.
  5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this exactly should be morey's and fertitta's public response

6. TheresTheDagger

Meanwhile, what does "discipline" mean in this context for the officials involved? Does it include the Replay officials at Seacaucus?

I guarantee we will NEVER know or hear another thing about it.

pippendagimp likes this.
  7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Frickin Commies!!! :cool:

Go Rockets!!!

Xerobull likes this.
  8. WestendMassive

That should be the first question from every reporter covering this .

Instead all the talking heads will say the Rockets blew the lead, shouldn't have protested and got what was coming to them.

The NBA says they can take away made baskets, but we shouldn't act like this hasn't happened to the Rockets before.

I seem to remember a few threes by Harden getting waived off in the playoffs because they ruled no continuation. Is this really any different?

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess no Bookies lost money on the game. . . .

Rocket River

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well maybe if they dont protest over everything the refs wouldnt hate them.

Protesting supposed to be a special case Rox have made so many protests even Giannis winning MVP. At some point people just roll their eyes.

11. MD_in_Training

Lol stop watching this BS league. How is it any more legit than WWE?

vince and J.R. like this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

So Adam Silver thinks the referees are wrong on that call and didn't give a replay challenge to Mike DAntoni.

So why can't you award the Rockets made Dunk and the end of regulation Win.

What was the point of $10,000 fee. To lie to the Rockets and put the money in your pocket.

And there is no long written report. 7:50 mark onwards.

NBA is extremely corrupt League, just sell off Smaller Franchises and Make it a 4 Team 2 New York Teams and 2 L.A. Teams.

NBA Teams are being run like Starbucks Franchises, One at every City, just to make a profit.

vince and BigShasta like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

It honestly makes me happy that the NBA Lost Billions of Dollars from China.

Because of how Corrupt the League is.

vince, Mazulis and Little Bit like this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Throw another log on the “NBA hates the Rockets conspiracy theory” fire. It’s bigger than a bon fire by now....
    It’s a towering inferno.

But I’m glad refs got disciplined.....can they fine Brothers and Ken Mauer for, just because?

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"Silver disciplined the NBA refs like China disciplined the HK police." - Morey

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  16. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Someone respond to me, so I have a notification, when its leaked what the actual "discipline" is.

Thanks in advance.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Clutch should tag the nba on his twitter comments :3. But I can see why he might not do it because the NBA is very delicate any comments regarding them that aren’t positive about them is an insult to them. So my guess is the nba would ban any interaction with clutch and the clutch or any member of the nba would be forbidden to have any interactions with him. That’s how easily offended they are and how ridiculous some of their ruling are as well.

Anyway so the refs didn’t allow Mike to challenge the call for some bs. Yet the refs can still look at shots to see if they were made behind the line or before the shot clock on a time out. Still they didn’t want to make sure this basket was good. Mmm also did anyone noticed how the refs kept trying to help the spurs stay close. And at one point they gave up but the kings got close and the refs started with their bs again.
    it was similar to this game. Is so obvious yet the nba would deny it or any other team would complain about us complaining. Lol
    No other team gets this kinda scrutiny and Harden gets the most of it.

I hope a rockets fan could do a compilation of all the bad calls the refs have called against us. Specially against Harden this season especially against Harden

Still this team at times just makes silly mistakes. Like terrible mistakes at the worst times.

Mmm end of rant I guess just been piling up since we lost to the spurs. In a game we had in the bag and Harden should have just stop shooting and everyone else should have been more focused.

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

For the refs their discipline is probably a slap on their wrist or just telling them to do a better job next time you know how overprotective the nba is if their refs.
    However since it was against us is they get that discipline but some bonus on their checks or extra cash under the table. :p

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I doooooooooo, I really.... truly do. Ha!

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the McHale bit starts around 7:00