1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Disney+] Star Wars: The Mandalorian

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Deuce, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Would be fun, but unfortunately not. :p

We've seen Yaddle in episode 1, seemed to be roughly the same size as Yoda.

[​IMG]

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Mandalorian is a Saturday morning cartoon. There is no story.. what does this show have without Baby Yoda. Thank goodness this show in 30 minutes.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

will watch ep5 later. is it any good?

and how many episodes will they have in a season?

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I kinda feel, besides baby Yoda, the best part of each episode is the concept art at the end. Makes me think the show might have worked better as an animated series. I'm liking it, and I'm enjoying it for the most part, but I just can't love it yet. Much of the plot is way too formulaic, and for a supposedly bad -ass elite fighter, Mando just comes across a bit too clunky. Show also has too much of a network tv feel at times.

But still I watch. I hope it can find some better footing eventually, but I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, as with most Star Wars.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

ep5 was schitte and pointless. i feel like the series as a whole isn't really going anywhere. we have 3 more episodes for season 1 and the series haven't really achieved anything.

there is only so much baby yoda can do. that novelty has kinda simmered down a bit. should have decided to wait it out and binge

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It’s easy viewing. Not a lot of depth to it. Each episode is just kind of there. I thinks it designed to be super approachable instead of immersed in Star Wars lore.

I don’t get the mandalorian though. Doesn’t seem like an impressive fighter. Wearing arm that can hold up against lasers he got into a stalemate with the girl. Thought he was supposed to be like galaxy’s best type of fighter

Jontro likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, but do you want him to be a Mary Sue? He has vulnerabilities. Adds depth.

Show has been enjoyable for me. It is what I am expecting. I think those expecting a bunch more are going to be disappointed. It is not a *movie.* It is a WEEKLY TV show. There are going to be a bunch of *episodes of the week* with different adventures. It won't always have a FIRM through line. This is what TV is.

First 3 episodes was like a movie story arc. The last 2 episodes were like *Star Wars A-Team.* Expect a little of both types.

I enjoy the organic aesthetics of the show. The creatures, the music, the atmosphere. Space Western.

Keep in mind, this is Star Wars. Treat the show like you treated it when you saw Star Wars when you were 12. Not when you are a 40 year old adult.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

9. Beezy

Beezy Member

I enjoy the show, but if it wasn't Star Wars nobody would be talking about it. TV is much more than monster of the week stuff now.

Jontro likes this.
  10. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

I like it; it's good, quick, in-and-out episodes suits the format well. Could it go 'deeper' into the SW universe? Sure, but there'll be plenty of time for that.

Episode 5 spoiler/question
    Was that Boba Fett at the very end? The spurs on the shoes are causing an Internet stir...

11. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Where was Mandalorian headed before he had to repair his ship @ Mos Eisley?

Like, what's his objective at this point?

Jontro likes this.
  12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Episode 5 wasn’t very good, but there was cliffhanger at the end. I already have my theory about who’s boots those were.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Did Jar Jar Binks wear boots?

Yung-T, Jontro and baller4life315 like this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Be quiet! Don’t spoil it for everyone else.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

But reclassifying star wars in "todays TV" isn't the angle to go either. It is Star Wars because of the ingredients that made Star Wars from the beginning.

I watch it because it evokes nostalgia for me that I enjoyed as a kid.

Jontro, Yung-T and mikol13 like this.
  16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's a fair point and I wondered myself. Perhaps it is something that will be revealed moving forward. Not everything is going to be obvious at the start. Heck, we don't always know what Planet names they are on. They clearly hold things back at time. There is plenty of drama to tell. There is no rush, imo.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Juxtaposed Jolt

Ok, this made me laugh way more than it should have.

I think he's just trying to get the hell away from other bounty hunters, but inexplicably gets roped into an adventure at every location he visits. As someone else said, this adds depth to his character. It's good that he has a heart, instead of a "go deal with your own crap, yourself" mentality.

This is the best summary of how to approach this show. It has just enough SW lore to appease SW fans, but just enough plot to keep casual non-SW fans interested.

Dadalorian taking care of his newly adopted green child. People can relate.

18. Juxtaposed Jolt

Not sure if that was Boba Fett, but I'm a bit surprised that Mandalorian didn't do something with Fennec's presumably dead body. I get that it's not his job to clean up after the dead, but to leave her body just out there seems like something he wouldn't do. Especially since I think there was a bounty on her, as per her conversation with Toro Calican.

And speaking of Toro, kinda weird that they gave him a name...and then killed him off. Unless, like Fennec, he's also still alive.

Hmm.....

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Was that a female counterpart of Joe Pesci?

What a good tune that was.

#239 daywalker02, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did they say that her bounty was only to bring her in alive, though? I vaguely recall Mandalorian saying she was no good to them dead. Does seem odd he just left her but he also knew that the other bounty hunter was up to something and he had to get back ASAP to protect Babyoda.