1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrick VS CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Dec 6, 2019.

1. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

If piccolo hadn’t been so self sacrificing and moved Goku aside there would never be a super Saiyan. He also contributes CONSISTENTLY

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I couldn’t careless. You’re talking about moot points when you’re in the same exact position

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

The other picture is the same thing

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol The logic in here is baffling.

Westbrook has 4-5 good games out of 21

See! He can still take over!

This is just like watching Melo have a good week or two and everyone saying....see!!! these last few years of **** play mean nothing, because of this 1 week!!!

LosPollosHermanos and J Sizzle like this.
  5. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

Haha in some ways I see what you're getting at. The only thing that Harden doesn't have that cp3 does is the micro-management/treasuring every possession thing that goes into the details that inch you closer to winning games. It's the mental side and it shows up in the intangibles. It's what's kept cp3 still relevant despite losing his first step at a position that makes it very hard to contribute once you do.

But yes, I'm hoping Harden and Westbrook together can piece it together.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

people want to talk themselves into it. I get it I guess.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

b****ing vs thinking of solutions.

8. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I know ...quite hilarious. He can’t ****ing shoot and it’s a cornerstone of our offense

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Last Few years of play?

Last few years of play Westbrook has been an All-NBA player lol.

The logic that's missing here is pretending that Westbrook hasn't been an ALL-NBA player the past 3 years because of a silly +/- stat...and apparently still being salty about him winning an MVP award over Harden.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not all Allstars or All NBA players are the same, Jay.

Those who shoot good percentages are still better than those who do not.

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I STRONGLY disagree.

The NBA and basketball skills are not only if you can shoot well or not. That's just one ability of the game.

All-NBA players are still usually better than non All-NBA players, acting like Westbrook is trash player that can't contribute to his team winning is bunk.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The best solution is for the NBA league to find ways to re-structure players' contracts.

Then just tell WB, we need more role players for more money, so he has to take a lesser contract.

Done.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The other Allstar guards that couldn't shoot I can recall now.

J-Kidd who has developed a shot late in his career.

Wade - the most he takes per game were 3 attempts a game. Very athletic player in his prime, pre-surgery.

Tony Parker - mediocre shooter but he had 2 seasons when he shot over 40% from 3.

Everyone of those got at least better.

WB was attempting 5.6 last year, 5.3 this year, not really a difference.

Care to name more?

14. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Chris is the better shooter, defender but is he a better Rebounder, passer and driver than Russ? As of rn they both would provide similar outcomes had either one being on the rockets. Russ helps suck the defense in, Chris helps to keep the Defense honest. Russ sucks ass at shooting, but Chris can't guard anyone anymore and hurt our small ball lineups significantly on the boards. The only difference? Westbrook has been here for 20 games, maybe things can improve, we know what he had last year

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chris is an undersized PG, always has been, he is Allen Iverson size.

He is one of the best midgets to ever play this game.........he passes differently than Westbrook, within his pace which could change in an instant, he doesn't go all out of control.

We never got Prime CP3......Prime CP3 was much better than WB in other fields than driving and probably rebounding/dunking.

#155 daywalker02, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Aren't you proving my point that a player can cominate and be an all-star without being a good shooter?

Isn't Ben simmons an All-star? Magic Johnson is one of the best PGs of all time and couldn't shoot.

Westbrook last night showed how a PG can dominate a game while only hitting one 3 point shot, that's my entire point, the game is more than "Whats his FG%?" He contributes in other areas, he's not an 8x All-NBA player by accident.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Those are rare examples.

I also said who couldn't shoot, at least strived to get better.
    Ben Simmons is very young, and he already made his first 3......he never attempted many 3s in a game.

WB is getting worse dramatically. And he is the only one attempting a good amount of 3s....while decreasing in efficiency.

I know what his game is, sir.

He just needed to acknowledge, he needs a Shooting coach!

Also he needed an absurd rate of High Usage to at least get to an Allstar level.

The league has developed into a stage where non shooters are having a hard time to survive unless they have a high 2 pt FG percentage (Brodie got neither)!

#157 daywalker02, Dec 8, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Westbrook 100% is a hall of fame player, so he is also one of those rare examples.

Westbrook also plays in an era that drastically and dramatically shoots far more 3s any ways.

I promise if Russ attempted 0 3s people would complain about it like they do Simmons instead of just accepting that he imposes his will on the game in a different manner than other players.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I didn't say he wasn't an Allstar, but he is a declining one.

The fact that his shot never developed to something supports his case that his existence as a true superstar is just limited and not perennial.

He could have been much more. And wouldn't have to bow to Durant or Paul George. Or Harden now.

Giannis is the better example, he is dominating in the paint in a way Westbrook never can.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

He's been to 8 All NBA teams? This is almost a decade of dominance and a 100% HOF career, he was a perennial star and until he isn't selected to an All-NBA team still is one.

Just because he's not as good as Durant or Harden doesn't make him some trash player now. We don't need him to be Durant level good, that would be nice, of course, but all we need is another guy that can dominate games and be a star player. He can still do that.

Clyde wasn't a top 5 player when he teamed up with Hakeem and we didn't need him to be. We needed another dynamic player.

That's what Westbrook is even now, he's still a dynamic player that can control, dominate, and take over a game.

joshuaao likes this.