1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Aside the fact that we'll probably never trade Westbrook, the second wouldn't be a bad idea imo, Gordon would be a great fit here, Fournier almost expiring as a contract to move might be interesting...i just wonder if the Magic would have interest in Westbrook anyway, how high are they on Fultz?

I think the team/s to eventually consider here are those who wanted Westbrook in the first place, Miami and Detroit, both teams have interesting players for us, especially Detroit imo (Blake, Kennard, Doumbouya)...then again, unless Harden asks for it, and he won't, we're not trading Westbrook.

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

WE ARE NOT TRADING WESTBROOK!

saleem and D-rock like this.
  4. jb86

jb86 Member

How many 1st rd picks can we use in one trade this year?

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Russell Westbrook $38 million

for

Robert Covington $11 million
    Andrew Wiggins $27 million

Harden
    Gordon
    Covington
    Tucker
    Clint
    ———————
    Wiggins
    House
    Rivers

Minny pairs Kat with Russ...

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Westbrook, Nene, Green for Dragic, Waiters, and Leonard

It feels shitty enough for us to be realistic, but at this point, a deal like this would still be a big win getting out of Brickhead's 170mill.

Dragic is a much better fit then WB, shooting 40% from 3 this year, he'd serve well running the point with Harden sitting, most importantly he's expiring so we can evaluate if we want to keep him longer, possibly bring him back on a nice cheap deal at his age, if things don't work happily let him walk.

Waiters has his off-court problems, he's not an expiring, we'd only owe him 1/12 mill after this season, he could potentially be serviceable as a bench scorer at times, but overall he'd just be a neg salary to eat, and we could flip his expiring deal with a pick next year for a nice depth piece.

Leonard is expiring, stiff 7fter who can't play D... BUT I'd be intrigued to see him get some minutes. VERY high percentage 3PT shooter (league-high 54% this year), and not bad on the defensive boards. Would allow us to run 5 out without going small which would be a first.

BigBum and ilias like this.
  8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

What's the point of a 7 footer if their size is not being used on defense or offense?

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He’s still uses his size on defense lol. His poor defense is more his lateral quickness sucking, meaning on switches he gets wrecked by guards. Against big centers I’m sure he does fine as a nicely built legit 7fter.

10. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Pretty sure he's one of the worst defenders inside in the NBA at his size. I don't like how much we rely on small ball, but when we're talking about this much of a talent drop I would much rather have Tucker guarding a 7 footer.

We really need a 6'9+ defender who can hit the 3. Our offense is tremendous, we can do with a mediocre offensive player, but we honestly can not afford to have even 1 more bad defender on this team. Our defensive talent is putrid.

saleem and Vivi like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

This brings me back to when a poster here said he had a friend working in a restaurant or something, who heard Tilman talking the phone about a Wiggins trade, i wonder if we were actually talking about a CP3 for Wiggins + Covington/Teague trade before Westbrook became available.

Sucks i can't remember the name of the poster, would tag him otherwise.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets have Trade Exceptions of 3.6M and 3.2M Figure out who they can get in that salary range for a 2nd round pick.

Then, Rockets likely trade Nene to a team with cap room or trade exception and CASH.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

With Tilman in charge, maybe we should be realistic and rename this thread to:

Random Houston Rocket Luxury Tax Saving Ideas 2019-20

mikol13, BaselineFade, BigBum and 2 others like this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nene+Cash to remove salary! Let's do it!

Mathloom likes this.
  15. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Last year we got Rivers in December after he was traded as part of Washington getting Ariza then waived. Wonder if there are anymore guys out there like that once the trade restrictions lift next week. With every team needing to salary match, guys will have to be thrown in to trades the incoming team might not want/need with an expectation of a buyout.

saleem and D-rock like this.
  16. foggy94

foggy94 Member

2020 and 2022. Pick swap in 2023 too.

jb86 likes this.
  17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You know I've pointed out those TPE's multiple times ….

I think they should have used them much sooner than now so they could have combined those salaries at the deadline for a bigger contract after the requisite 90 days.

Honestly , I'm thinking the TPE ship done sailed.

jch1911, Deuce, BaselineFade and 3 others like this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

Kyle Oquinn cap hit 1.6 million

nene for him.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hmm. Interesting. Honestly I think neither team benefits here. I think Brooklyn would slightly value what Joe Harris does for them over the improvement they would get by bringing in Capela. I think Houston values Capela over Allen and Jordan just enough to forego acquiring Harris.

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

With everyone's contracts being stable, I think I'd rather have Jordan and Allen, rather than Capela.

Though I would say, a Irving / Durant / Capela trio would be pretty great.