1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brian Windhorst "heated" Raptors guard Fred VanVleet discredits critics of James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

So who is telling the truth? Fred VanVleet or Brian Windhorst?

Scarface and JayGoogle like this.
  2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I guess that's why so many players go on record saying Harden is the MVP so many years in a row and why he won the Player's Choice MVP that one year he got robbed. This is the typical BSPN playbook. Vanfleet calls out all the media haters and BSPN sends in Sweaty t*** to regain the narrative.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The thing that wears on me with stuff like this is them using an outlier game and turning that into the normal.

James Harden does not take 40 shots, he does not dribble 20 times every possession, he does not take 23 free throws a game.

Those are all extreme outliers.

waytookrzy079, Tfor3, Deuce and 40 others like this.
  4. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

The media is completely out of control.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

lol exactly

Nor does he lead the league in dribbles or time of possession.

I have yet to hear a teammate complain about their role on this team even after leaving.

When others score a ton and feast at the line it’s never discredited. Only such games that Harden has.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I only come into this thread to beg you all to stop watching and/or posting clips from The Jump. Look, all of ESPN is generally pretty bad.

But The Jump is, basically, the worst of the worst. For one... while I hate to come down hard on Nichols... I'm sure she's a nice person and for whatever reason she's done a TON of work in sports and is the go-to female ESPN person now... but I just don't find her entertaining or that knowledgeable. For two, Kendrick Perkins... enough said. Why did someone decide this guy would be a good on-air personality. For three, and this should really come first, Brian Windhorst.

Yes, this exactly.

This is useless even discussing or arguing. The players voted the dude the last players MVP before they stopped doing that. The end.

7. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

who cares about that fat ****

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't even know why ESPN brought this up. To create some sort of drama? What purpose does Windhorst refuting FVV's claim do, for anyone? Players / coaches / related personnel aren't going to suddenly come out and side with FVV or Windhorst, so this was literally a pointless segment.

vlaurelio likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

So glad someone posted it as evidence of the hate against Harden.

I saw this **** yesterday and it legit made me mad.

Whenever someone doubts the Harden hate, show them this video. It is ridiculous.

NBA is built on player drama, players diss each other openly all the time, I doubt they are going to f'n Windhorst to diss Harden. Many of these dudes would just come right out with it, again, the league is built on drama and personality. Embiid or Marcus Smart or whoever would just come right out and say "This dude trash and only scores by getting fouled." Draymon told Durant to his face what he thought about him lol...but we gonna believe they are going to Windhorst with their Harden hate?

11. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

It seems to me that the majority of the time brian windbag comments on the Rockets, it's something negative. I would give more credence to what Van Vleet says, who is an actual NBA PLAYER, on the players' perspectives league-wide, as opposed to what windbag says, who seems to have an agenda and a bias.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Future Rockets legend Fred Van Vleet definitely has the size that Mike D'Antoni looks for in a power forward.

13. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Windhorst is brisket

14. macan

macan Member

Brian windwhore is a known hater of the Rockets and Harden. i've already put him on ignore list

vince and D-rock like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Perkins says he finds the Rockets hard to watch?

Something tells me he'd find anything except cartoons and professional wrestling hard to watch.

Deuce, coyotetex, Mazulis and 11 others like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

At this point, I really wish James would shave the beard and go with a handlebar mustache he can twirl every time he gets a foul call.

17. the11mingdynasty

the11mingdynasty Contributing Member

Don’t take the cheese James. Come out next game and take 60 shots. Break Wilts record. It’s time to really stop caring what anyone else says or think. Fug them.

SamFisher, RustyHarden and hakeem94 like this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

This is all pretty comical. Windhorst is Lebron's personal media mouthpiece - of course Lebron wants to throw shade at Harden because it elevates Lebron in doing so. Perkins is priceless here - he was literally one of the most cringe worthy players I have EVER seen in an NBA jersey. I want to like the Jump but ESPN's "on air personalities" while good for entertainment, generally are sub-par with their takes. There are a few somewhat reasonable voices mixed in there(Zach Lowe, Rachel can be well measured at times, Kevin Arnovitz, etc), but most of them just feel like they are auditioning for the Hot Take B team.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

3 fatties (100% of the panel) for a sports show is not a good look

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Did they stop doing the player's MVP after Harden won the first year?

francis 4 prez, D-rock and juanm34 like this.