1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

While I don't necessarily disagree with any of this, you do realize that every team in the league (including all "contenders") has 2 or 3 liabilities, right? Every team has strengths and weaknesses.

Seriously, you can't enjoy this season because you're too worried about what may or may not happen 2 seasons from now? How can you enjoy pulling for any team on any level thinking like that?

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Lol u wait until end of season to judge my ass. Whos the one that made thread: maybe BoB knows whats hes doing? After a solid win?

U repeatedly said u wait until end of season to judge, yet u respond weekly to the sht clowney trade thread.

BoB is the only factor i hate about the team. A fan could have one aspect he hates about the team, he doesnt have to blindly love every sht about the team.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, right now, he is the coach AND acting GM. That is a HUGE part of the team. Just relieve yourself of the suffering.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It's just a prognosis based on the situation.

Same would happen if we had extra picks, except the prognosis would be positive.

The hardest thing about enjoying this season was curb-stomping in Baltimore.

We'll see how everything plays out....

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The Carolina game and potential loss to the jags where also hard.

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Rudyc281 likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U should stop talking to me unless u have anything different/new to add, listening to u riding BoB junk everyday gets tiring.

Your man's basically a Jason Garrett (if u compare them by coaching achievements/accolades).

Houstunna likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

if the Baltimore game is the reason to not enjoy this season then basically everyone who has played the ravens can no longer enjoy the season.

Hey Now! likes this.
  11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

You sure ??

Only half their games (6) are blowout win - that's not ''basically everyone". Texans are bottom half of that 6 in margin of victory and they did that coming off a bye. One of those six beat the Ravens handily in another game this season. Browns were fortunate to get two chances.. maybe the Texans will. I'll respect a close victory in the playoffs.

Besides that, the Texans haven't blowout anyone good. No game balances it. I'd bet half those 6 have blown out someone .500+

Besides all of that... I didn't say I can't enjoy this season. Only said BAL was the biggest reason not to.

What's your biggest reason not to? Every poster should be able to answer that.. unless they think everything is peachy. Biggest reason to have hope is DeShaun. Second is the Texans have featured some of biggest franchise victories this year.

We'll see how everything plays out...

#4691 Houstunna, Dec 6, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

How about you stop posting unless you have something new? Listening to whine about Bob and find something to b**** about after wins is OLD.

13. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I am not going to tell you how to feel. I personally don't care that it was a blowout just like I wasn't pumped that before that game Watson had not lost a game by more than a single score. A loss is a loss, the fact that it was a blowout doesn't really make it that much worse for me just like a close loss doesn't soften the blow for me. Personally for me I have more difficult time accepting the loss to saints and Panthers bc they were games we should have won and be in race for 1st round bye as a result

14. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Really ?!!

What's your overall opinion of O'Brien's playoff history.

15. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

It's not that bro.

That Raven's game should b a foreshadow or a warning to not get your hopes up riding the BoB train. 2 weeks of prep and u get sht that hard. Not much excuse u can make.
    Some of us don't bother celebrating too hard w/ these regular season wins since BoB hasn't proven anything in a playoff scenario yet beside being incompetent.

Sure, BoB has been pretty good at hyping up the team, giving the fans hope, winning the AFC South Division titles. I can see why he has Scarface and others riding the man's jock, but some of us want more than just shtty division titles.

So far
    He goes into playoffs to get his ass blow out/outplayed. 3 times so far. dem BoB fans will give u a sht ton of excuses and pass the blame onto everyone else but the HC. But any fan can see that man is inconsistent as fk when it comes to big games.

U can only hope that it will b a different season this time w/ an improved Watson, but im not gonna ride the BoB train until he actually does something in playoffs instead of gettin sht on.

U seem to like wins and u dislike any type of loss. If so, then u should probably feel the same way most of us do with BoB's career postseason performance.

#4695 DatRocketFan, Dec 7, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Maybe if u stop riding BoB jock, read the full entire post, instead of honing on a tiny portion of my posts. U would learn something new.
    Did u not learn anything new from the comparison of BoB six years career vs other coaches? Nah u just like to think everyone's out to hate on BoB, ignore the posts and sprout the same BS when u are losing a convo = Go join another team.

Also u should stop making sht up, to paint others like they are a hater. I caught u a bunch of time, misinterpreting or making sht up about what I said to get some likes from your BoB club members. It's pathetic.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

18. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You have yet to catch me doing anything than calling you out on your Bullshit.

Not riding anything...but you will have to deal with BOB, because he isn’t going anywhere.

19. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It's not good and I am not sure if another coach with the roster would have done any different but there have been atleast 2 playoff games where the Texans came out not as prepared as the other team

20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Thats fair. Hopefully the defense gells with the new people and Watson is allowed to be Watson by the coaching staff which will be the only shot they have.