1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TheRinger.com] Making Sense of James Harden, the NBA's Premiere Heel

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/12/6/20998011/james-harden-houston-rockets-complaints-fouling

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Heel says just "Let Go"

Clutch is way ahead of the curve with the Heel reference

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

HARGOD the GOAT HEEL!!!

[​IMG]

4. treyk3

treyk3 Member

5. Nook

Nook Member

"Still a top ten player in the league"

That is all I needed to read to know where this was going....

All I can say is............

[​IMG]

6. macan

macan Member

rent free in haters heads
    *** them all.
    Victory would taste so much better with haters tears involved.

7. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Writer saying harden is just top 10 spoke volumes.

Nook likes this.
  8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Maybe Clutch is right. It's time to play the heel.

AXG, Theking, RustyHarden and 5 others like this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

This comment was as far as i needed to go to know not to spend one second reading this article

10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Ironic that someone who had historically jumped on the "hate houston" bandwagon since her earliest pod days is now writing a story contemplating why Harden doesn't get more appreciation. There is literally nothing more "Ringer" than a think piece reflecting on the popular narratives that they shamelessly perpetuated.

AstroRocket, BigM, Gray_Jay and 11 others like this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Guaranteed it was an assignment. Like when SI made Andrew Sharpe do a piece on Houston. He HATES watching Harden and the Rockets.

BMoney likes this.
  12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

James Harden. KING.....of #VillainBall!

Everyone get your black hats! The Houston Villains!

Nook likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

We aren't hated though. Like the Raiders. We're laughed at.

J.R. likes this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Too bad, because it was a pretty good read, regardless of where the author may think Harden should be ranked relative to other stars (which is left unspecified, by the way).

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Fans pretend like we just started receiving this hate. Other fanbases have been hating on Harden and the Rockets ever since they made it past the first round. It was at an all-time high in the Dwightmare season but this season is definitely up there in the rankings of most hate received.

It was so bad during the Dwightmare season, I was even ashamed to wear my Rockets gear to social gatherings (I don't live in H-Town). Every non-Rockets fan was constantly b****ing about Harden's flops and foul drawing and Dwight hate was at an all-time high for leaving the Lakers. On top of that the whole season was a dumpster fire even though Harden still dragged that team to the 8th seed (but got no credit it for it from the media), everyone including some fans on here were complaining he played zero defense all season.

Oh yeah, that Harden "Defensive Juggernaut" viral video didn't help either. Rumor it started here by some dumbass Rockets fan? Hopefully that dude is banned because he basically started that narrative of Harden plays no defense which still exists today.

16. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well yeah if they keep whining and acting like they're being victimized by some sort of NBA conspiracy. In the final analysis, however, it's all noise. You want it to stop? Then go out and WIN something - holding up that Larry O'Brien trophy would put an end to all of this BS.

payaso likes this.
  17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I just refuse to respect anyones basketball intellect if they are contemplating Harden anywhere outside of the top 5, because it reeks of bias and lack of intellect. I have no doubt it is well written

D-rock, Nook, Plowman and 1 other person like this.
  18. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's way too easy to debunk the author, but no one will do it. There's not even a comments section to talk about the article so the author can just post what he wants with no criticism.

Strip clubs? The dude is single, male, an athlete with no kids at home. It's not exactly illegal to go to strip clubs, so I don't know why it's such a negative.

Drawing fouls? How about people stop reaching in or contesting his 3pt shots so terribly?

No one talks about how Curry uses picks to get open or Giannis' utilization of his athleticism. What Harden is doing on his drives isn't even something of his own creation; other people are literally fouling him.

Such a warped way of thinking, as if it's Harden's fault that others are fouling him -- as if he's making others foul him for his points.

D-rock, juanm34, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I just really like how Harden ended his clapback with "goddammit" real quick and somewhat mumbly.

For all the Uncle Drew stuff that happened, old Harden, still with the beard, playing pick, and mumbling goddammit after every time he bullies his way into a foul, is just SO EASY to picture.

D-rock and durvasa like this.
  20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The author wasn’t presenting that stuff as negatives. She was pointing out the things his detractors use against him. The article struck me more as defense than an attack. Like, “It sucks more people can’t just appreciate the stuff this guy is going without finding things to hate him for.”