1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Raptors 12/5/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 4, 2019.

1. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Well, they didnt know if they'd be counted. :cool:

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

it was an amazing reply i thought to myself when reading it.. thanks for refreshing my memory

Rock Block likes this.
  3. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden had a usage rate of 15.4, that usage rate his lowest since 2013

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Good! Team needs to learn to win without him going nuclear.

Good sign tonight.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

That's because yall blame him for everything when no can even fully understand the context of what he does. I get it, he makes mistakes, he needs to play clark, clemmons, and harty and he def needs to be more flexible but not everything that goes wrong in a game is his fault. Same with Russ...not everything is dude's fault.

D-rock, RayRay10 and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

House looks half-dead

8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Harden being dragged sounds very negative.

I think the better way to say this is that Harden needs a second guy to help him overcome being the focus of the defense. Basketball is a team game, but having someone like Harden is what allows us to be playoff contender. Having teammates that will hit timely shots and help make plays that gets us extra possessions is what will catapult us to championship contender status.

Every player has needed teammates that can hit that big shot. We all know that Lebron doesn't win that championship against the Spurs without Ray Allen's big three. Lebron doesn't defeat the Warriors without Kyrie's timely three or Kevin's Love insanely good perimeter defense on Curry.

Shaq and Kobe probably have one less championship if it wasn't for Horrys clutch three or the refs coming through in the clutch as well. Tim/Duncan/Ginobili probably have one less championship if Stephen Jackson doesn't play out of his mind in the playoffs.

Harden is unfairly criticized and it's only because he has not won a championship. He wins a championship and people will get off his back and go after somebody else. **** the media and **** fans who are less than knowledgeable but talk a lot.

My point is that Harden doesn't need to be dragged anywheres.

#1108 ElPigto, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  9. amaru

amaru Member

I wasn't even criticizing MDA yet you rushed to defend him lol. That's exactly what I'm saying, nobody does that for Russ :D

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We built different in Houston

Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

@JayGoogle Was defending him plenty tonight, so was @Air Yordan and.....ughhh JR, but yea on your first point haha, I didnt need to make that about Mike.

Air Yordan and JayGoogle like this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not cool

bro2044 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

just play through it

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Better safe than sorry. Cannot depend on the refs to make a correct call.

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. bj3175

bj3175 Member

overall we are in good shape. We need to just play our game at its best and we will beat anybody. We are seeing some different defenses that changes the way we attack, this is helpful because as we seen tonight if our role players can take rhythm threes they will hit a lot of them. We need to keep building getting better and force our multi faceted style on teams. We need Russ to be in control and poised.MDA needs to really to start honing on specifics in regards to a strategy to be productive when teams closeout on threes and how to exploit them

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

He only stands in the corner if we are in half-court

On the break he sprints there , he uses his legs on every shot . Not to mention he battles super hard on D and crashes the boards as well

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Exactly.

Some of those Gasol plays....when the ball is released why are we bothering to call a charge afterwards?

Harden or Capela or whoever is running towards the basket. He shoots it passes or whatever. Marc Gasol uses the Principia Mathematica to calculate what angle he needs to intercept his trajectory. Meanwhile Harden is looking away at the pass or whatever. Brace, flop foul....

No reason for that to be part of the game, full stop. It's not about player safety when guys are voluntarily taking hits.

Baseball players are not allowed to intentionally dive in front of a pitch. Gasol shouldn't be allowed to dive in front of a driving (and decelerating, in this instance) player.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

20. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

That’s usually the good point to make with the Nash/Luka/Trae type playmakers. That definitely applies to Harden. I really doubt it when it comes to Westbrook. It used to in his prime.

But there’s no way Rivers uses possessions worse than Russ did. I doubt even Clemons.

11/8 ast/tov is just so bad. And a lot of them inexplicable and unforced.

Rocket River likes this.