1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Changing the Narrative: What Would it Take?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glenadyll, Dec 5, 2019.

?

Are Rockets fans too whiny?

1. No - media conspiracy

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  2. Yeah - but anyone would be if they were criticized like we were

14 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Yeah - and it is getting annoying

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
  4. This is a whiny post you hypocrite

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. I don't care

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The way I’d describe it is it looks great when it works. But he is prone to stretches where it doesn’t work, and it looks pretty ugly at those times. I mean, watching a guy dribble dribble dribble in 3 out of 4 possessions and then clank a long 3 pointer each time is hard to stomach for fans who appreciate team basketball fundamentals.

glenadyll, HP3 and fchowd0311 like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whine about refs
    Whine about MVP
    Whine about media

[​IMG]

3. HP3

HP3 Member

I get that, would it be fair to say that it looks ugly period though when any superstar can't hit a bucket? Or does Harden's shot difficulty increase the frustration? I dont mind people not liking the way Harden isos(cause of fouls or whatever, I disagree but fine) but I don't think that isolations themselves are inherently ugly basketball.

glenadyll and D-rock like this.
  4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They aren’t. It is more psychological than rational. I think most of us who’ve been watching basketball for some time are hard wired to think certain basketball plays are “good” independent of whether the ball goes through the hoop and others are “bad”. Harden plays such a different game than what we traditionally understand as sound basketball that when he is unsuccessful on a play it *feels* worse than, say, a missed open jumper off a well-executed pin down.

glenadyll and HP3 like this.