1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

" No Way Rockets Should Be Awarded The Victory" --Skip Bayless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 4, 2019.

1. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Nothing new. There are missed calls or bad calls ALL the time in each game. Would be nice to replay it but then all teams will be asking for "replays/do overs" on all games. The NBA is not going to do anything but just acknowledge the mistake and try to address it in the off season. Perhaps make anything reviewable.

2. Rustyrig

Rustyrig Member

Nothing new? When was the last time a made basket was denied for no reason? I don't believe such a rare situation opens it up for all teams to ask for the same on things that we all know happen every game...just bad officiating

BigShasta likes this.
  3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Westbrick needs more opportunity to miss wide open lay ups.

4. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

This isn't just a "missed call". It's objectively a made basket by all interpretations of what a made basket is. It's not something that affects the play, a shot, or a possession. It's literally about whether the ball goes into a hoop. This is what defines the sport.

Compare watching your guy get hammered 5 straight plays with no calls vs. watching 5 made shots and every one of them being counted as 0 pts.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

DONAGHY!!

So the new rule is .. . REFS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT . .and IF THEY NOT ITS OK CAUSE YOU SHOULD OVER COME IT

Rocket River

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's like you were walking down stairs and someone threw you down the final ten steps. "It's OK, I was already heading down, so I deserved that", you would suggest as the proper response. "I was already heading down, so the person who injured me by throwing me had nothing to with it."

You and all of the other trolls here trying to push edgy emotions over rationality are not good for sports. The NBA needs more credibility and proof of integrity, not more hater fans. It has those in spades.

We can't act like in a salary capped professional sports league, your team should just be so much better than all of the others that the refs have no influence on the game. That's not how sports works. We're not arguing a pass interference call where someone's finger made contact on a jersey. We're talking about a made basket. It literally does not get any more black and white.

In a game of volatile field goal percentages, even great teams will have close games. Ref calls matter.

The only way anyone can argue with any of this is using some kind of unhealthy emotion.

Why do I keep editing this and adding more lines when I'm arguing with a flat-earther.

#46 napalm06, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  7. omgTHEpotential

Agreed. The Rockets didn't lose their lead. They lost most of it, except for the 2 points. They should have won despite playing poorly in the 4th.

napalm06 likes this.
  8. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

How about charge after a made basket? or forgetting to call travel before a made basket? or a out of bounds step before a made basket? Heck the last 2 minute report already has the NBA admitting that they make mistakes.

With that being said, I agree it's bad officiating.

9. PatBev

PatBev Member

It’s about grabbing your balls and winning the game when having a 13 point lead and letting a nobody beat you in the fourth

Spurs made us look like a b**** and you sound like a spoiled brat who didn’t get his way

Be a man and get the W that’s the only thing it comes down too

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

your right but Pop could've challenged it but didn't. We tried to but was told no.