1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Peleton

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Dec 4, 2019.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I mean, it's ridiculous. But a commercial severely overstating what a product can do seems pretty much par for the course.

Basically, if anyone watched this commercial and reacted with anything other than a swift roll of the eyes before forgetting about it forever, then that person may need to start thinking about seeking professional help.

#61 DCkid, Dec 5, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    BigM, boomboom and ROXTXIA like this.
  2. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

How is there outrage over a commercial. For @#$% sake! Don't buy the overpriced stationary bike if you don't like the message.

BigM likes this.
  3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

And while we're on the topic of "problematic" commercials. Who of you is going to defend this one? o_O

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It is a stupid commercial. Smoking hot wife gets an overpriced exercise bike so she can lose two pounds over the course of a video diary year. But we are talking about it.

At least they didn't put her in a Gwyneth Paltrow fat suit to start that year: "I thought you said you loved me just the way I am? You think I'm fat?"

tinman likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Tru dat.

But for some reason I was like this commercial is weird and usually I just forget about them.

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yep

7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

At the end of the day Peleton gets a win for this, they are getting so much more attention than the shitty commercial deserves.

tinman and BigM like this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is the crux of Outrage Culture. The majority of people that live in that world haven't experienced 95% of the things they are outraged about. They're just interested in making you feel bad for not walking on eggshells 24/7 to protect their fragile existence.

Also, you know who's sensitive about someone implying they're fat?? Generally, it's fat people. And that's not meant as an insult....it's just the way it is.

BigM likes this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Uhhh have you checked Peloton's stock?? Not all attention is good attention....

boomboom likes this.
  10. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I absolutely love the Baker Mayfield commercial where he's trying to find the chirping smoke detector in the stadium. Far too often, I play that dance of audible deceit.

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Let's see how it plays out.

over the month it's still up by 5 dollars and its only down 5% over 5 days.

I still think it will be a win especially when the backlash to the backlash occurs.

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes the fat chicks are pissed off
    But the hot skinny chicks with husbands who can drop $2k on an indoor bike with an lcd tv want one now

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

I suspect that Peloton's stock will bounce back soon. There's a good possibility that this attention will ultimately be a net benefit for them.

Also, "real outrage" isn't the same thing as "social media outrage". I bet that almost nobody in reality is truly, genuinely upset by this commercial. Maybe a few give it an eye-roll but that's about it. Sure, the commercial is awkward, but there's like 34,865 more important things to care about.

And even on Twitter and Youtube, I think that a lot of the outrage is feigned and calculated (i.e. "outrage culture") and probably done by people that have a history of virtue signaling.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wife loves spin class but has some anxiety problems and doesn't always feel comfortable in a large class - plus it's a long drive from their country home. She mentions this to her wonderful loving husband (in April) which sets his mind working on how he can help his beautiful wife. Husband schedules a month long vacation for late November on the French Riviera during which he will have a zen garden gym built in their home for 150,000 dollars with a Peloton as the center piece.

Upon their return wife is overjoyed that her wonderful husband remembered their conversation from April and created this amazing space for her. Wife while thin and pretty isn't as fit as she used to be and is overjoyed she has the Peloton to build cardiovascular strength. Wife begins videoing her workouts and progress as a gift to her husband who is thrilled with her happiness and overall well-being.

Wife realizes that she really likes being watched on video and becomes a Camsoda model making $100,000+ in tips each month.

jiggyfly, BigM, Sajan and 4 others like this.
  15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Rich women like to show off their body at Soul Cycle. Those classes are like the new country club tennis courts.

Sajan likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They like to show off their Lululemon outfits to the other chicks. Guys don't go to Soul Cycle.

BigM, Sajan, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  17. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You must not understand how women think. They love to make other women jealous.
    [​IMG]

Sajan and Xerobull like this.
  18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I think that's Jeff Goldblum.

Nook and RKREBORN like this.
  20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Jeffs trophy wives be working out and hes just chilling and eating taco bell after a night of drinking. What a life.

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin, BigM, Nook and 2 others like this.