1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What?

It is false.

Are you still saying he is blaming black people?

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I am saying in the clip from 8 years ago, he blames poor black communities themselves for their lack of educational attainment, yes. I give him the benefit of the doubt when his campaign says that old clip doesn't reflect the "totality of his understanding." But the plain words he speaks in that clip blames black people.

3. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

biden is a dork, but its hilariously hypocritical for trump suck-ups like yourself to criticze him for using out-of-touch phrases.

your god trump goes around uses words we havent heard since the 30's like when he talked about throwing criminals in the "paddy wagon" and calling schiff a "pencil neck". or when he said "i have a great relationship with the blacks". what decade is he living in again???

covfefe.

5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sounds like a bunch of malarkey to me. :rolleyes:

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't see him in that clip blaming anybody, unless it's something I missed and there is a longer clip it seems you are projecting something that simply is not there.

Now it could just be how you interpret it but I don't see it.

Here is the quote again,

“Kids need to see evidence that education is going to work for them. There are a lot of kids, especially the lower-income minority neighborhoods, who literally just haven’t seen it work. There isn’t somebody they know personally who testifies to the value of education.”

I don't see him blaming anybody and would like to see what question he was responding to.

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Joe Biden is considering Kamala Harris for his VP choice:

Biden says he’ll consider Harris as his running mate

A day after Kamala Harris dropped out of the presidential race, Joe Biden said on Wednesday he would consider the California senator as a running mate and said he had no “hard feelings” against his now-former opponent.

“Senator Harris has the capacity to be anything she wants to be,” Biden told reporters here in Ames. “I talked to her yesterday. She’s solid. She can be the president one day herself. She can be the vice president. She can go on to be a Supreme Court justice.”

Biden’s kind words for Harris, who torched him during a June debate over his record on busing, marked the second day in which he commended her. On Tuesday, when Harris withdrew from the race, Biden made sure to praise her at the time but didn’t say whether he might pick her as a running mate. On Wednesday, Biden told reporters that “of course I would” consider Harris.​

Might as well mend fences in any case. Good move, Joe.

9. JuanValdez

Agreed, it was well played. He acted classy. And, with all the complaining about the primary losing all of its minority candidates, Biden makes some lemonade out of it.

jiggyfly and MojoMan like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Well that's certainly a new and nuanced take on the matter.

Thanks for sharing.

Jugdish and B-Bob like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

she could be Biden's Sarah Palin. cool.

MojoMan likes this.
  12. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You're welcome.

13. JuanValdez

An odd comparison.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Anything to get attention.

SAD.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jiggy, you know everything in the universe is like everything else in the universe in some way? for example, elephants are like Mars. How? they both have mass.

But they are unlike in virtually every other way. Which is why arguments from analogy are usually poor arguments: people emphasize the ways that two unlike entities are similar, but ignore the infinitely larger number of ways that two unlike entities are dissimilar.

Pro tip. Now you know. ;)

mick fry and MojoMan like this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok.

I guess this means something to you.

But hey you already admitted to being a troll.

Rashmon likes this.
  17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Althouse:

"The other way to neutralize a bad analogy is with an equally bad analogy that cancels out the first one."

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2016/03/the-other-way-to-neutralize-bad-analogy.html?m=1

jiggyfly likes this.
  18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Had an interesting day. Went canvassing in New Hampshire today in two counties. Talked to a lot of people.

I’d say roughly 95% of those I spoke to are still undecided.

A lot of “Used to be Warren but...” responses. Also, Pete probably had the most yard signs. For whatever that’s worth.

jiggyfly and MojoMan like this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

A lot of people are still 'feeling the Bern' in New Hampshire. It is right next door to his home state of Vermont, after all.

20. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

So what do the polls look like among Democrats when you add Hillary Clinton and John Kerry to the mix? The latest Harvard-Harris poll addresses the question:

Clinton 21, Biden 20, Sanders 12, Warren 9, Buttigieg 5, Kerry 5

Are we absolutely sure that Hillary is not going to get into this race?