1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to potentially protest game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some weird offensive foul calls too

Rocket River

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The offensive fouls to end the 4th and to end the game were correct by the rules.

Personally I hate that charge call, even when Tucker draws it. A guy is driving to a wide open basket and you slide in front of him at the last second? That should not be a charge. But it is by rule so those were "good" calls.

HP3, bro2044 and Nook like this.
  3. gotsis

gotsis Member

THis is one of the times where not being able to review it due to protocol is just plain stupid. If there is doubt a ball went through the basket, they should review it everytime, I mean, it's not a judgment call. Huge issue for the NBA, sucks that it will only further the narrative that the Rockets are cry babies, but so be it, might as well embrace the hate.

4. justtxyank

They can review whether it was a made basket if they want to. They do that crap all the time. This "protocol" issue on the challenge is just a BS excuse the ref used after the fact.

First of all it wasn't true. D'Antoni asked for a challenge.

Secondly, the officials offered multiple reasons why it wasn't a basket. It's insane for them to say "We couldn't tell Dantoni what the call actually was but he didn't challenge the right call fast enough." The officials just lost control of the situation and AS USUAL with NBA referees, they compound their own errors by being dicks.

5. gotsis

gotsis Member

Two points on a game that ended as a tie in regulation? Hows is that not relevant?

I get that the Rockets had a huge lead and failed to close out the game, but that shouldn't be used as a justification as to why the play isn't absurd. We can be mad at the team for blowing the lead and, at the same time, demand the league at least changes the review protocols to allow review on plays like this. A legitimate dunk not counting is not the same as missed calls on human error mistakes, it is even worst than the Durant out of bounds save (why do these things always happen to us? lol).

BigMaloe, bro2044, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

That one ref was sketch all game... phone records should be reviewed.

hakeem94 and Tfor3 like this.
  7. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I can't watch this video again. I didn't realize how bad it was at the time but to think Bell, the scrubbiest of scrubs, gets at least 6 calls go his way/not called on him is a travesty. I remember counting about 6 and they all involved Bell of all ****ing players. Just a disgrace that they gave him the benefit of the doubt and not Harden.

ipaman, vlaurelio and Tfor3 like this.
  8. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Look at the lady in the left side of the screen. She knew Durant was out!

Tfor3 likes this.
  9. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Well we are already getting clowned on the morning talk shows. What ever happened to looking in the mirror and taking personal responsibility? NBA refs are who they are. They have been blowing calls and games for years. By focusing on the refs, we take the spotlight off of what really ails this team. Blowing big leads has been a problem since CP tore his hammy in game 5. This is where the focus should be if anyone here is still interested in winning a title.

10. justtxyank

There's no doubt that they have fundamental problems that go well beyond 1 game.

HP3, J Sizzle, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  11. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

how often have they not awarded 2 points on a slamdunk with no other violations?

bro2044, RayRay10 and Patience like this.
  12. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

The Rockets should just be awarded the win after an NBA review. No valid argument against this.

I don't get the "they deserve to lose" after squandering a big lead. It is correctly "they deserve to win" because they are 2 points better after regulation.

If you squander a big lead, you can still salvage a point or 2point win. And that is the very point of the game, to win. So the Rockets deserve the win because they have the lead after regulation, not because they have a big lead prior to the end of regulation. No Ifs, No buts.

NBA should do the right thing.

#172 pahiyas, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  13. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that last night was extreme. I just don't know what we have to gain by pushing this. I would be shocked if the replay the final minutes of the game. I would be equally shocked if they reward the team with a W. Public opinion and media opinion are already against us. What can we possibly gain by pushing this?

14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The charge was a charge.

By the rules, what's the explanation for the offensive foul call to end the game. Lyles face was moving towards Harden's arm and that's what caused the contact as much as anything.

Or... look at a hypothetical. If I'm driving in for a layup and bring the ball out in front of me starting near the floor to coming up to shoot the layup, and a guy's face gets in the way, his face then hitting my forearm... is that still an offensive foul?

Just curious...

Rocket River likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if the moderator deleted this message of yours no matter how great you are at writing it wouldn't have reached me.... dont tell me you would have written it again because errybody have only so much energy and time...if it was deleted and rewritten several times during the day at one point you would have run out of steam or good will to even send me the message
    james scored enough points to win (and even to be the GOAT)its not his fault you arent capable of counting how much he scored and adam silver wont hand him his well deserved rings and MVPs

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Asking to be given the game after the fact is weak.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol blowing big leads goes back much further before cp was even here

BaselineFade likes this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol THIS 1000 X

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol THIS 1000 X

20. Ryris

Ryris Member

Hom
    home court advantage............

BHannes2BHonest and BaselineFade like this.