1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why hasn’t WB been going through the line as much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 3, 2019.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I remember when he used to go to the line a lot, seems like he’s more focus on trying to get assist.
    I know last year he was deferring you PG a little more but I remember when he was top 3 in ft attempts.

2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Because he sucks and he also sucks at free throws.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s happy to settle for bad mid range jumpers instead of attacking the basket.

Dumb player plays dumb

charlieaustin and DaDakota like this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's a good question. He has lost all touch around the basket so I think he's hesitant. I wonder if it's the finger problems that other people have mentioned.

To his credit, at least he isn't making our eyes bleed slinging 3 point bricks.

scolandry1 likes this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'm ok with him not trying to constantly try to get the foul shots. We need players that are more focused on just getting the ball in rather than rely on refs to bail them out or get them in rhythm.

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he has improved his free throws this month......78 percent in the last 10 games...2-2 today

Gray_Jay likes this.
  7. Agent94

Agent94 Member

He is settling for terrible pull up jumpers.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly they swallow the whistle for him too, feels like he should be getting a lot more calls than he does.

pippendagimp likes this.
  9. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

His free throws rate gets lower year by year

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Classic Westbrook transition 1 man layup brick and then doesn't run back on defense or commits a frustration foul and give 2 fts for other team.

The refs clearly don't respect Westbrook anymore, he's at a point of his career where he really needs to adjust his game to adapt to the league or retire early. Too bad he's busy getting knee surgeries every off-season so he has no time to improve his game.

DaDakota likes this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man we all have been watching Rockets games for a long time. Harden is the only one that goes to the line. People cry about his fts but he sometimes is literally the only person that goes to the line on the team most nights.

Just like when EG is yelling for a call when he is getting fouled and NEVER gets to the line, Westbrook is getting the same treatment. Refs are not going to call every foul sending the Russ to the line when Harden is going 15x a game

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lou still got his calls when he was here.

13. shocky2002

shocky2002 Member

2010-12 OKC is the only team that had 3 guys consistently going to the line no matter what. Actually, Durant was the original Harden and James learned from him. Nobody whined about KD back in the day as much as they do Harden right now.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No he didn't. He barely got the ball because EG was running the second unit.

15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He did, his FTR% in Hou was .428, which is above his career average and on par with his last 3 seasons.

I remember it as well, he's easily the 2nd best player in the league at drawing fouls in the manner that Harden does, very smart and crafty.

BaselineFade likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

To many jumpers. I honestly think his knees are still not 100 ready after the offseason surgery. He still doesn’t have that first step like he had where he would blow by people. I think by February and after the all star break the knee will be stronger.

17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I dont think its the point in his career. He is still explosive. The things that are wrong with him I don't think have to do with his age. Its like he just doesnt even focus on were the basket is. He just chucks it in that general direction. He just needs to go to the gym and practice on shooting and focus.

ronclone likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is getting manhandled on some plays with no call

Rocket River

jcmoon likes this.
  19. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

because the refs call so many fouls for Harden that they aren't going to call them for other players on our team

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

People make so many excuses for bad Refs

Rocket River