1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I could coach this team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 3, 2019.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'll just do the same thing MDA does, rely on Harden for everything.

If the game starts to get close when he's out .. ill just put him back in

If one of my subs doesnt play well, I just wont sub

If I get a good player back from being hospitalized from illness, Ill play him 40+ min in his first game back

If i see things i dont like in the first half, I'll just do the same thing in the second ( or play the starters more) because I'm sure it will work this time.

If my team is playing poorly , I'll just let them play out of it, they will figure it out.

Disgusting effort on many fronts tonight , but how is the man at the helm not ultimately responsible ?

Its a make or miss league ? sure, but do you just throw your hands up in anguish if you're missing ? or do you perhaps try something else ?

I know this is in bad taste to post right after a game , I know its a knee jerk . But I need to vent on this one.

WB missed shots he normally hits at a decent clip. Harden was off tonight . But , you've got to think the coach can have some impact and try to make adjustments that will help his players get going . There is also NO WAY that MDA is not responsible for james being gassed at the end. He's played 31/34 minutes. We lost this game when MDA hit the panic button and put James back in to start the 4th. At that point we either blow open a big lead , or James KNOWS hes going to be in the rest of the game ... and will conserve energy accordingly. You want guys to play with better effort ? dont make them play the entire ****ing game

I dont give a crap that Gordon and House are out . Yes they are very important to our team. But if the only way for you to play a somewhat balanced rotation is for us to be fully healthy, then that's just unrealistic. How about you try the veteran you raved about earlier in the year who is 6'6" and plays wing defense more than 3 mins ? I'll admit i didnt watch the first quarter , did he get hurt ?

Can someone explain to me what value MDA actually brings ?

Is his revolutionary scheme of putting the ball in Jame's hands and letting him do everything impossible for another coach to replicate ? Is his idea of playing starters heavy minutes unless its a blowout that incredible ? Is he making PJ tucker compete on defense ? Is he making clint capela bust his ass for boards ? Is he doing anything to help WB fit in and carve out a role ?

I guess he can draw up a nice play when he *rarely* decides to use a timeout

You know the part that pisses me off the most. He is gonna take absolutely no blame for the loss tonight. He's gonna say ," we slacked off , didnt play hard and let SA back into the game." Maybe he will complain about the missed call.

We all rag on Bill Obrien. but at least he says he has to coach better . Has MDA ever said that ? Has he EVER said " i should have taken a timeout here , or tried a different player to give guys a break " ?

If anyone has a clip I'd love to see it.

The title is kind of a joke. But i bet some CF'ers could guide the rockets to .500 or better. We would just do what MDA does, put the ball in james hands and let him go to work and play the starters 40 min. We can let Elston handle the defense. The difference is MDA is supposed to be an NBA head coach.

/rant

bmelo, yixiixiy, vlaurelio and 13 others like this.
  2. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When McLemore went out. I think that was our last substitution until he came back

Rocket River

snowconeman22 likes this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You are wrong about Westbrook. I think this is one of his better games. Jr. High kids have better layup skills.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Obvious liability in the playoffs.

He’ll be gone this offseason, thankfully.

vlaurelio and snowconeman22 like this.
  6. BigTex

BigTex Member

I wonder what Dantonis record is vs Poppovich

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I welcome it.

You can try to blame a player for tonight's game ... but the fact is that WB played the entire 4th. If he was so bad that he single handedly dragged us down , you could have removed him from the game and rolled with any combination of Harden/rivers/Mac/PJ/clint or thabo/clark in for one of the 3/4 guys. Or hartenstein in at the 5 , or tyson at the 5.

Some guys had off nights. Both teams had players out. One coach played 5 guys 40 minutes ( rivers at 39, PJ at 51 !!!! ) and the other played 2. One of the guys we played 45 minutes was in the hospital last week.

Do you think that is more likely to get him in shape or more likely to send him back to the hospital.

I could have done what MDA did tonight.

Air Yordan likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why do think think MDA did t get a new contract?
    He doesn’t do ****!

9. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I don't think MDA is a bad coach, but I am convinced that this team is not going anywhere with him. Today's defeat is another proof of the horrible handling that MDA has of the team. Time to change.

bmelo, snowconeman22 and roslolian like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

Am not surprised MDA aka Dumbtoni always gets dumped on by the smartest coaches in the league. Popovich, Spoelstra, Budenholzer, Carlisle hell even a neophyte like Nick Nurse. In a battlefield filled with tactical geniuses the Rox are coached by a dunce who doesnt know how to make good adjustments or rotations. I feel bad for Harden he gets so much bad rap cuz his coach doesnt know how to coach and leaves him to figure things out by himself.

This is nothing new how many times does this need to happen before everyone realizes dude is just not the right coach if you want to win a ring? PHX is already the best proof he got 4 all stars, 8 tries couldnt reach the Finals once. Its gonna take major flex from the Beard to win a ring in the playoffs he not only has to outplay opponents he also needs to outcoach them.

Mr. Space City likes this.
  11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

No joke, Morey could do what MDA is doing and maybe even better. I'm not kidding.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I tend to agree with you but at the same time Morey traded 2 picks and 2 swaps for Russell Westbrook, so maybe he isn’t as smart as we think.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol are you gonna sit there and blame mda for the refs cancelling legit baskets his team scores causing him to lose games hed legit otherwise won

14. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He didn't have a choice, that one's on Tilman.

snowconeman22 and ipaman like this.
  15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Dantoni is basically pulling a T-Mac at this point and doesn't care since he knows he'll be gone after this season.

Tilman is a ****ing idiot trying to extend D'antoni with clauses like "gotta make the WCF/Finals or you get paid less"

If you didn't want to pay the man just keep your damn mouth shut and see how it goes. Instead since the extension deal fell through, you basically told Dantoni he's gone if the players fail to meet expectations.

16. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

The refs sucked. They took away 2 points. If our coach was competent it wouldn't have come down to 2 points. Refs missed calls for both teams , they miss calls on both sides every ****ing night.

this is like saying MDA would have won had his players not gotten up off the bench
    or he would have won if CP3 hadnt gotten hurt
    or he would have won if we didnt go 0-27
    or refs this refs that.

Some unlucky **** has happened to MDA. But we had some breaks fall our way last year, and we couldnt capitalize.

MDA isnt some child who's not responsible for the fate of the team or his own decisions. He bears responsibility . I dont think he's ever claimed it.

ipaman likes this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

lmao what is your deal with women @Air Yordan? I was ready to vent too but this made me lol.

I don't agree with these type of statements btw, lol

18. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh....why is it that some of you have to see the other side to know that you are wrong. .....Like didnt a lot of you think Westbrook was gonna be an automatic upgrade over Chris Paul? Now look at what happen.

19. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

James Harden is the reason why he's still the coach. Harden has carried his ass for the past 3 years now.

vlaurelio likes this.
  20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

I'm not blaming the officials on this one. We were up 22 points late in the 3rd quarter and blew it! That's not on the officials, that's on the coach.