1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2019.

1. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Harden gets a pass today, because he's actually been shooting great the last 14 games or so. Westbrook on the other hand has been shooting quite terrible the last 6 or 7 games. He's playing much worse now than he was at the start of the season.

This is what I was afraid of. Harden is going to burn quite quickly this season in my opinion. He's not really getting any help. No House and Gordon hurts us because we have no other good spot up shooters out there to help Harden.

Look at the Lakers. Lebron may be playing great, but all his other teammates are helping him big time. They're stepping up. It shouldn't be fair on Harden to put in 82 amazing games every single season. It can't be done, and he's going to have quite a few bad nights. He's only human.

I'm getting sick of this crap. And we have absolutely no chance of winning anything whilst MDA is still here.

ak99999 likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If Westbrook would have fouled out early, then we would have won. He launched so many bricks into space that he practically doubled the orbiting debris field around the Earth all in one evening.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We lost a game we won.....
    Thats a first.

bro2044 and Tfor3 like this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Our stars were terrible except for Harden setting a record for free throws. Its a 50 point stat padding game and Russ was terrible. I can only think of one reason Harden took 20 3 point shots when Rivers was red hot shooting 5 of 6. It's ego or stat padding or both.

I have a love hate attitude with our stars at times. They simply need to play smarter, and mature over old bad habits of wanting to play hero or nothing ball.

ak99999 likes this.
  5. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Show me a video where the lob is not possible because of Westbrook.
    Try to keep in mind no house and no EGO. We basically had one guy off the bench give us anything. We ran the starters Into the ground. James was off, Westbrook turned it over, refs were trash, and Walker had the best game of his career in the 4th.

It’s a bad loss but I don’t see this as “who we are”, or will be by the end of the year. The clippers recently got blown out by them. I bet their fans aren’t crying and telling the front office to make a move. Y’all do it every time we lose, and sometimes even when we win.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

MDA ran same out of bounds play to end each quarter several times in a row. Pop sees this and tells DeRozan to take the charge, he knew it was coming. Pop owning MDA like clockwork.

7. Mr. Space City

I still don’t understand why Dantoni continues to iso Westbrook.

Let him run the god damn pick and roll. That’s how he made a name for himself.

Westbrook/Adams pick and roll was continuously lethal. It should be just as effective with capela.

8. realonemo

realonemo Member

Good thing is they play a really good team next so they better bring it defensively.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Explain what that would accomplish in this case? That's a once in a century type of play. It'll never happen again. They aren't going to overturn the win. They aren't going to have us replay the game. It was a clear bad call on their part, and there were clear bad calls that gave us points too. It's completely pointless to dwell on it.

10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

PJ Tucker was dumb open in the corner for the game winner. We let Capela down tonight, he had a great game. He went 9-9, we gotta get him the ball more.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

On the play where Harden recovered the ball after stepping out of bounds, he was hammered on the initial drive with no call. So him receiving two free throws was the rightful outcome of the possession. I didn’t see the over and back, so I can’t comment on that play.

12. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL are you serious, do you think they dont tell him not to run the pick and roll, dude had some of the most isos when he was on OKC.

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Honestly, I'm beyond stupified that a questionable event on the floor is not reviewable, so they just "decide" NO points????

Sure, Houston shouldn't have choked - yet regardless, we should've won. I'm fckng livid right now.

#1333 bro2044, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  14. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

MDA is not a good coach

Red Nation RGV and ipaman like this.
  15. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Our supposed second best player is shooting as bad as you would if you put on shorts and a jersey. He is trending down Over the last 10 games and his play over the last few years has been going this way. Not a good sign

16. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden is one of the 2-3 best scorers in NBA history and this game doesn’t change anything in that regard. He has been doing it for years. You don’t have to like him and you can have your own opinions about Giannis or whoever else being a better player. However this post is absurd.... every single great scorer to ever play had weaknesses and holes in their game and that includes Jordan, Wilt, Bryant, Baylor etc.

BMoney likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The players are not dwelling on it but the owner absolutely should.

Again, Cuban complained to the league about Yao Ming and what happened then? The league listened.

Tillman should have a long report about the missed calls tonight and too all these BS offensive fouls Harden gets because I guarantee you other teams are whining about Harden and that's why he's getting these calls. You put that missed basket as the cherry on top.

No, that game is in the past, we can't change that...but we can change how we are officiated in the future.

bro2044 likes this.
  18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

What team rules? He sets the rules. An intervention is needed for him to diversify his attack. It will reap dividends in the playoffs.

HP3 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

When CP3 was here it was an amazing feeling to know he was smart enough to know the situation and just get a shot or a foul to stop the bleeding. We knew he was good for at least one crunch time TO, but everything else outweighed the ONE eventual bonehead moment.

The feeling I get when Russ has the ball is always of overwhelming fear of the unknown. It's always a cascade of bonehead moments that I am forced to digest.

Harden is amazing, but he does A LOT of stupid stuff. He can't be buoyed by ANOTHER dumb player.

ak99999, ronclone, juanm34 and 2 others like this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Man....Im trying really hard to not miss Chris Paul right now.....this crap is so bad.

ak99999 and smp like this.