1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 has a better WS, BPM, VORP, PER, and onoff than westbrook

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 1, 2019.

1. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

All of these numbers and advanced metrics are making my head spin. The eye test still backs up a lot of these #'s if you really pay attention.

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Remember when Lob City beat Dwight Howard and Harden Rox after they went 2-0?

Neither did I.

hakeem94, icewill36 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Does the eye test tell you WB is worse than your average NBA starter? Cuz that's what the other dude is posting here I know WB is overrated but he really only good enough to be a bench player? Lol

I remember when Dallas Mavs tried to tell us Jason Kidd was the 2nd best player in the entire NBA cuz their numbers said so lol. I'm def in the analytics camp but I think we also need to use our brains and not just trust the numbers blindly.

These posters acting like Crippled P3 was Jesus wrongly crucified by Daryl Morey now but they were the ones calling his signing the worst move of Morey's career last year lol

JayGoogle and hakeem94 like this.
  4. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont if youve noticed but basketball is a team game, you need a team to win, you cant just do it by yourself. Check.The.Numbers. Cp did not choke in the playoffs with the Clippers.

napalm06 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can people please stop acting like Chris Paul is the answer? I see him play, and he doesn’t impress me. Sure his efficiency is nice, and he always has nice looking advanced stats, but he still definitely doesn’t look like he’d be capable of easing the burden on Harden. He’s playing a bit better than last year, but that’s about it. He’s also an injury waiting to happen, an injury that will have him out 20+ games.

I’ve noticed Russ start to decrease his 3 point attempts, and I hope this trend continues...he wasn’t even cleared for 5 on 5 play until training camp, and he has fcked up fingers...we’ll see if his play improves as time goes on

last 3 seasons for Russ

16-17: 58% TS after the ASB (55% TS before the ASB)
    17-18: 25, 12, and 10 on 46/30/76 shooting splits with 54% TS after the ASB (52% TS before the ASB)
    18-19: 26, 11, and 10 on 44/34/67 shooting splits with 53% TS after the ASB (48% TS before the ASB)

there’s a clear trend...Russ gets better as the season goes along

JayGoogle, hakeem94 and icewill36 like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

A brilliant Westbrook performance tonight. Glad we got him. Love all the wonderful things he brings to the team.

Y’all wanted more mid range? You got it!

#166 J Sizzle, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    napalm06 likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He doesn't have to be "the answer". Even if you think he is a wash with Westbrook, we gave up TWO first round picks in the swap.

J Sizzle likes this.
  8. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Westbrook looked pathetic today, I had hope after the last few games that things were trending up. This guy and I’m beginning to change my original thoughts, seems if not the same/worse than the 34 year old we had last year

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mad at Westbrook and wish we had Cp....but honestly. Neither is what this team needs. We honestly need Lillard. But we'll never be able to get him. Or we need Cp from 2 years ago. We have to bet on Westbrook's potential. I hope he gets better.