1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Just here to once again remind people that you can change your vote in the poll.

The Texans are 19-6 in their last 25 games.

We could easily be sitting at 23-6 by the end of the season.

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

They.... they won.

3. SuraGotMadHops

Fair is fair, I am as big of a BOB hater as anybody, but this game and the Chiefs game BOB coached his ass off. I am most impressed with his taking that timeout to allow the booth time to review that completed pass, when he normally misuses/doesn't use all of his timeouts properly. The game planning, clock management, play calling, red zone creativity has improved drastically. Keep it up BOB and don't regress.

4. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

It's hilarious how pointing out that BOB outcoached Belichick last night has some Texans fans foaming at the mouth and falling over backwards.

And by "hilarious", I mean "pathetic" and "sad".

Hey Now!, mario_v and raining threes like this.
  5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Credit where credit is due. His play-calling is flourishing with having the same QB/system and lack of limitations. If you look at the inexcusable train wreck that is the Cowboys coaching you can definitely appreciate what OB is doing.

Marquee wins over the Patriots and Chiefs. I don't think we've ever had two wins of that quality in a season before. And nearly had a third one against NO.

That said, OB went all in this year and so far it is paying off, but IMO an AFC title game appearance should be the bar given what they traded away. And there's a bit of a dark cloud on the horizon say 2 years from now when Deshaun will be making big money and we have limited draft picks over the next two drafts, depth and filling holes could be a serious issue.

red5rocket, Rudyc281 and DonnyMost like this.
  6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Romeo giveth and Romeo taketh away I guess.

How many buttholes in Houston puckered when Brandon Bolden got his hand on that onside kick? If he gets another fingernail on that, he scores and the Pats win.

The fact it got that close despite the Texans dominating for 55 minutes is insane.

I don't know if it says more about how dangerous the Pats are or how fickle the Texans are. Probably a little of both.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

While it was certainly precarious the Patriots could have only recovered the kick and not advanced it.

raining threes likes this.
  8. raining threes

Can you stick to the subject at hand.

He had a great game last night,

Maybe there's hope/progress after all. Gotta see it for 3 games in a row in the playoffs.

9. raining threes

2020 they will have all of their picks minus their 3rd, including two comp 3rds most likely and two 4ths including a high 4th. All they're really missing is their 1st rd pick.

In 2021 you are correct. I expect the 2021 draft to look alot like the 2018 draft.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Great point. Although Brady with the ball down 6 at midfield with 50 seconds left isn't a super comforting feeling :confused:

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

i want to see him do it in the playoffs also but watson is a lot better than he was last year at this point in the season.

all the numbers and wins back it up.

we’ve also played better teams this year and held our own against them all minus Baltimore who’s crushing every elite team the last 6 weeks. It’s impressive what the ravens are doing if you go look at who they have played the last 5-6 games.

raining threes and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The AFC Championship game is certainly possible.

IF we can just get healthy and stay healthy.

raining threes likes this.
  13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I wholeheartedly agree

14. SuraGotMadHops

Prevent D itself doesn't concern me, it's RACs misuse of it or dedicating himself to it too early/too long. There are greater football minds than me out there, but to me, you throw out prevent when the opponent has just one possession left (e.g. 45 secs left) and the opponent needs 40 - 80 yards and a TD to beat you or tie. Not 3 minutes left when Brady could still have 2 or more possessions left, and definitely not when a FG can tie or beat you (Saints game).

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It sound like the Texans make keep their current Front Office Structure, according to reports.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/01/texans-dont-plan-to-hire-a-g-m-in-2020/

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Maybe there is progress? Lol. New England has been one of the best defenses this year

17. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Yeah he’s staying and most likely for a long time. It is what it is hopefully he can build a winner here. And bring home a super bowl

18. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah I'm done with the fire Bill O'Brien mantra. He's clearly here to stay.

Champs and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Not gonna change my vote back to no until he stops getting ass blasted in playoffs.
    BoB fans like to hype up BoB's regular season record and AFC South Titles like they mean something. His playoff record is 1-3, furthest he has went was divisional rounds

All i seen in playoffs, is BoB getting outcoached and getting his ass exposed on national tv. But who knows we have Watson to carry us now.

This season does look promising with wins off Patriots/Chiefs, but no point in changing ones vote as a knee jerk reaction.

If our pass defense can exert the same intensity and play as well as the pats game for the rest of the season, we might actually go far.

20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

I can't stand BOB... But I have to hand it to him and the entire coaching staff, they did a good job last night...

T_Man