1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's growing black support scares Dems

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Nov 28, 2019.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

They absolutely do think for themselves which is why some are abandoning the DNC. The Dems are scared because blacks think for themselves and are realizing the DNC has not delivered. Trump's economy has. You are the one disparaging anyone who has a different opinion. Nice try, attempting to switch what you are doing into me.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Louisiana, Kentucky and Virginia....

Yep, the black vote is not turning out....
    So who should really be scared ...

T_Man

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

5. TheresTheDagger

I think the story here isn't so much that Trump is gaining heavily in black vote as much as the left is shedding black support.

Imagine in 2016, Trump gets 8 votes from the black community out of a total of 200 voters. Now lets look at 2020 where Trump has 12 voters who are black out of a total of 150.

Not really a huge increase in numbers (4 voters) but as a percent of those voting overall, it doubles from 4% to 8% because of the lack of energy for any candidate on the left.

6. TheresTheDagger

Meanwhile: Now there are 3 polls showing Trump approval among African Americans in the mid 30's.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good god almighty. Fox is anything but "mainstream." Wake up.

You can't handle the truth.

#47 Deckard, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    Andre0087 likes this.
  8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The poll of 1,092 registered voters was conducted Nov. 17–20, partly by automated landline calls and partly online. The same poll taken a month earlier showed approval for Trump’s presidency at 17.8 percent among blacks.

Nook, KingCheetah and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What is the breakdown between black men and black women? I would bet that black men approve of Trump at a much higher rate than black women. I don't doubt the general idea that black support for Trump is stronger than it usually is for Republican candidates. Blacks are likely attracted to Trump's policies/rhetoric on immigration as Latinos and blacks see each other as competition. Latinos could be attracted to Trump for similar reasons.

10. TheresTheDagger

Didn't Kanye's album and appearances at jails and churches (as well as his call for blacks to stop voting for the Democrats) happen since then?

11. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

They're taking polls in jails now? Not that kind, I don't think so.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you read that article, Gerald Ford garner ed 17% of the AA vote, Reagan got about 11%, and John McCain got about 4% of the AA vote. If Trump gets 33% of the AA vote, I'm guessing banana republic style manipulation. If he gets 33% and it survives scrutiny, then he deserves another term. That would be 2x as large a fraction of the AA population as any president in the last 50 years, and about 4x the 8% Trump pulled in 2016.

Honestly, given the entrenched nature of support and opposition for this president, I'd be blown away if any population shifted that radically either for or against.

Keep in mind the AA population is a bit more than 10% of the country, so the difference between 33% and 17% is going to be about a 1.5% poling swing in the total tally.

Generally, in this thread I dont see a whole lot of scared Dems, rather a whole lot of giddy Repubs that I think are going to be disapointed, but I could be wrong.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Online polls are extremely accurate.

14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

The swing is more significant in states like MI/WI/PA/FL/NC/OH

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Dream on.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

keep hope alive

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fancy that... All the battleground states. Who would have guessed.

18. T_Man

As I stated before... look at the Red states that went blue... I thought I would never see that...
    Amazing how you want to find and believe a poll stating that Blacks have increased their support for Trump... But want to deny any polls that state Biden will beat trump easily in 2020.. Make up your mind on if you want to believe polls or not.

Trump lovers can try and bring up as much propaganda as they want... I don't think it's going to work this time... you need a new strategy.. Blacks are not going to support Trump and this time Hillary isn't running.. so now the tide has turned...

I have white friend that basically stated in 2016.. I cant stand Trump, but I hate Hillary and will never vote for her.... what a lot of Trump lovers dont want to understand is... it's not Trump won... it was more about Hillary losing and how many people hated Hillary... that goes for Dems and Repubs....

So now you see Trump and the repubs trying to damage Biden as much as they can. So that he will not be the democratic nominee... smart move on their part...

But all their managing to do is make Biden stronger... if they were smart they would have used this against him during the presidential race.

T_Man

peleincubus and FranchiseBlade like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Not sure about this, not that there aren't some that DO see it this way but it's usually the right wing folk like Candace Owens stirring this pot or those like Ann Coulter. I think the idea that lations are competition is more of a right-wing thing irrelevant of race.

It's not like left-wing black people are anti-immigration, they are not usually.

20. T_Man

Help me out here... what makes you think so many Blacks support Trump?

I am a Black man that doesn't support Trump... I have many of my peers that dont support Trump. Also a hint for you.. I know some blacks that did support Trump and stated that was the biggest mistake they ever made....

So as I stated, Trump supporters are picking which poll they want to support. I've never had anyone ask me any polling questions and my buddies state the same thing.... So sounds to me that anyone can make a freaking poll and have it come out anyway they want..

T_Man