1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DM is done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

DM is a great GM. Anyone who wants him out is an idiot. If Tilman hires him, I will force myself to become a billionaire. I will then somehow figure out a way to force Tilman into selling me the team. From there, I will proceed to rehire Morey and let him do whatever the fuq he wants. Finally, I will enjoy a watching this team win it all. Whose with me?

If only...

2. alethios

alethios Member

No way Tilman will let DM go when he's doing such a great job staying out of the LT.

3. juanm34

juanm34 Member

DM maybe done but Dantoni just starting up

4. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Cleverly disguised Donatas Motiejunas thread

fattz likes this.
  5. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

DM is a great cap guy he’s constantly been able to flip the roster when we’ve been maxed out with no money to spend its impressive.

he’s landed 3 HOF guys since harden.

but he hasn’t gotten the best bench that’s Forsure but he has gotten Gordon drafted Clint signed tucker.

We have a nice team it’s just you look at the clippers and their depth which came from DM and it’s depressing lol.

I’m no cap guy but I wonder if we kept those guys and not gotten cp3 would we have been able to sign a star this offseason like the clippers did?

the Anderson contract screwed us up that’s Forsure.

lilbird20 and fattz like this.
  6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

This is not entirely true. The Anderson signing netted us EG10 as Anderson and EG were friends from the NO years and Anderson helped getting EG to sign...

That first year Anderson played his role well... he was a "gravity" guy that opened up the lane for James... but he found some high ass mountain in the offseason and his shot fell off of it and he hasn't seemed to recover...

7. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Congrats on the Heat victory. I guess all concerns go out the window, and Morey is the GOAT GM without any flaws. Then again, you're delusional even after Rockets losses. Morey has failed with washed-up big names and failed prospects, but hey, Gary Clark had a good game.

8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

So everything is great after one win, and everything is lost after one loss. You guys are way too extreme on both ends of the spectrum. This team just barely beat a Heat team without Butler. If Gary Clark consistently produces and Rivers/Hartenstein gives better minutes and Westbrook shoots efficiently from mid-range, then sure.

9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

damn you have a mental break down or something?

10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes especially if they gave us dragic too

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hoped he was done with tweeting.

12. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

Daryl morey is the best long term asset on this team. We're not winning a chip with harden, and we don't have picks, but morey makes me less scared to be a rocket fan in 2023

fattz likes this.
  13. fattz

fattz Member

AND Gordon comes back healthy.
    AND Clemons starts to develop
    AND Chandler is available

The OTHER MVP’s fingers are jacked—> no surprise that his fine motor is off.

You are making my point for me.

Morey has done a really nice job of putting this team together. DM is in a WIN/WIN situation at the moment. He just needs to leave the team alone because everything is here. The only thing left is MDA and he is in a do or die situation, too. We get the trophy this season or the keys get pitched to someone that will next season. DM has checkmated the checkers game —> he is done. It’s good to be a Rockets fan.

BigShasta likes this.
  14. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Getting Anderson wasn’t the issue it was how we paid him 20m annually for 4 seasons.

that’s to much for a guy who hasn’t gotten consistent PT/out of the league since halfway thru the 2nd year of that contract.

fattz likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Add to much for the function of stretch 4 that was average at best on defense. It was a bad contract even if Anderson stayed at his current level when he signed it. Role players shouldn’t make 20M a season, IMO. A Capela like contract is what was needed.

16. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

I predict, somehow, DM ends up in Dallas.

17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Dmo now officially a farmer?

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Harden will not win a chip with the Rockets. They made their move and came up with a supporting cast that simply isn't good enough. The team is a superstar shy of being at the same level of the ultra elite teams as WB simply isn't good enough of a 3D guy to measure up with the competition.

The is the least exciting Rockets season I can remember in a long time.

napalm06 likes this.
  19. meh

meh Contributing Member

This thread is stupid but Morey probably is out at the end of the season, but not because of anything he did basketball wise.

It is kinda funny that BOB may very well outlast Luhnow, Hinch, Morey, and D'Antoni here in Houston.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clearly, you didn't watch the game.

We led by 30 points
    at the end of the 3rd. The Rockets relaxed a bit in the 4th, which is why the Heat had 40 in that period, which must have been what caught your eye when you looked at the box score. It's very misleading. We still led by 12 with 4 minutes left. By 15 with 3 minutes left. By 16 at 2 minutes. They got within 9 at the 5 second mark. In other words, we were never seriously threatened in the 4th. The Rockets beat the Heat easily, with the Heat missing a key player, Butler. Had Butler been playing, I'm sure it would have been a closer game. He wasn't.

You really should watch the games, @BasketMAD. I pay for League Pass and NBATV here in Austin so that I won't miss the games. I wish I didn't have to, but I've been doing that for years and it lets me, more often than not, listen to the Rockets broadcast. You should consider it. Box scores don't really tell the tale, not in my opinion.