1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Case to move Harden to the 2nd unit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PWR, Nov 24, 2019.

1. PWR

PWR Member

Stop it. I guarantee this is the 1st post I've made on here with Lin's name in it. Bet you $100 you can't find another.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

Better solution
    Make a good trade for Brick.

juanm34 likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Cleverly disguised " Harden is better than Lou Williams" thread.. ICU

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I didn't read any of it. I refuse to hear you out on this take. Stunning & Brave take there pal

PWR and juanm34 like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I think a better solution would be to flip Westbrook's minutes with Chris Clemons. Or pretty much anybody.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. omgTHEpotential

The board refuses to hear people out. Trust me, I tried.

PWR and DreamShook like this.
  7. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Legit cringed upon seeing thread title. Scrolled for time. Confirmed tripping dawg.

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

What's happening right now? I'm getting scared.

PWR likes this.
  9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Better yet, send him to the G League!

10. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Clearly the only way this team will make the finals is if we trade Capela and Tucker for Durant, have Harden come off the bench and tank this year so we can draft Ibaka next summer! :)

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

OP completely screwed up the thread title now no one will read what he means, lol. OP is not saying to move Harden to the bench, he saying switch the times Harden and Russ rest. Switch the stagger so Harden is running with the second unit when Russ is resting.

This is what Lebron used to do in Cleveland. This is what Giannis did last year (not sure what he does now). They both were subbed out early in the 1st to run with the second string players in the 2nd quarter.

I think it is not that bad an idea. I suggested Harden and Russ run together at all times and use Hartenstein and Clemons with the second group without both Harden and Russ. If MDa refuses to use younger players, I don't see why this couldn't help a tiny bit until EGO, a better shooter, comes back.

#31 DreamShook, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  12. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

Huh. That's what I get for not reading. Not a bad idea of that is the case. I'm no longer scared.

My bad OP. I shouldn't have been that dramatic without hearing you out.

PWR likes this.
  13. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Lmao, CP3 can take his busted up hammy and “leadership” because neither one of those where there when we needed them.
    In the end Harden isn’t perfect but he isn’t the problem, and while everyone wants to blame and point fingers the dude is the only consistent reason we’re always in contention.
    CP3 meshed just fine to the tune of 65 wins but you can’t miss a big chunk of the season, come in at the end playing like garbage and demand the guy who carried you ass to “change his style”
    We just need to let the season play out, everyone here freaks out when we lose a couple of games.
    We’re not even 20 games in and the usual folks are already turning tail.

Reeko likes this.
  14. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Trippin cuz it'll never happen. But... there is a good argument there to play him more minutes with the starters. However, still the largest reason for why our offense stagnates is because it is too simple. We should be playing more like the Mavs today - share the iso drives with Rivers, Russ, House and generate open 3s that way. While initially everyone's thinking we'll see amazing results when Harden's doubled and it's 4v4 with Russ slamming it down their throats, instead we're generating sloppy unscripted 4v4 play and way more turnovers and way more leakouts.

PWR likes this.
  15. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'll agree to this only if we bring back my man Marquese Chriss.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

17. HP3

HP3 Member

Eh, its not a bad idea. We might as well try it.

BaselineFade and PWR like this.
  18. igotwhipscollectingdust

No one on this forum reads lol. OP is actually suggesting a reasonable idea but 90% of the posters in this thread only read the title.

BaselineFade and PWR like this.
  19. PWR

PWR Member

Lmao...I did it on purpose to see who would actually read. I was laughing the whole time I was typing the title. I knew it sounded insane.

Thanks for having sense enough to actually read.

BaselineFade likes this.
  20. PWR

PWR Member

Bingo. I am glad you actually read what I wrote instead of falling for the title.