1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He also did it with the same QB the Texans front office refused to bring in.

2. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I always hear conflicting stories, was it the FO of the Texans of Kubiak himself that didn't want Peyton after coming off neck surgery?

I also heard that he didn't really want Peyton when he went to Denver, obviously that worked out for him, regardless.

Back on topic, BoB is terrible... I figured his scheme would get busted by Harbaugh (who is a much better coach) and we'd probably flounder against one of the best teams in the league.

3. Damion Laverne

If not "Fire Bill O'Brien," "Fire Mike Devlin." Devlin is a trash OL coach

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

vinsensual, BigShasta, whag00 and 5 others like this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Nick Caserio needs to get here ASAP

Houstunna likes this.
  6. Pringles

Pringles Member

He's just gonna keep BoB, no?

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

maybe move him to a front office job lol-

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Why? So he can make those low draft picks?

9. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Per Belichick, Caserio is involved with game-planning and during the game as well. I'll gladly take someone to help BoB in this regard.

Houstunna and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

So we can finally get somebody in the building who knows what the hell he is doing.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

More than likely yes but there is always a possibility especially if we lose to Indy and the pats and miss the playoffs.

Dabo would be the immediate hire if not then Josh McDaniels.

BigShasta likes this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Your obsession with Picks that are in the 20-30 range (most likely) is DUMB. You can get could players, but you are also in the range of a High number of BUST. Those picks are not going to be franchise changers....most likely. You traded them for a guy that was in play to be a top 5 pick (if not for the weed mask).

13. Mr. Clutch

writing some words in all caps really drives the point home

TheRealist137 likes this.
  14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Fire the dam coach, and roll with a new one. Change the culture of mediocrity.

Honestly if Scarface, BoB's fan 4 life can't even call BoB "a good coach" what's the point of expecting him to take us far? We all know he sucks or isn't a good coach, just roll with a new one.

Watching us get sht on by the Ravens after two weeks of prep was just disgusting.
    BoB better comes out swinging with dem exotic plays or he might even not make it into playoffs this season if we lose to the colts.

Mr. Clutch and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Change of culture. LOL. How many times does someone say "Change of Culture" and it actually works? Rams, Eagles...ok. The problem is the Texans win games. O'Brien has had 1 playoff turn with Watson. Nothing else before that matters. He is 0-1. How about giving him a chance to do something with Watson.

I want to know where you going to get a coach that is guaranteed to win the Super Bowl? Where does the Mythical Beast reside? BO'B does win games....but doesn't win enough for anybody. What happens if you hired the next coach......and he doesn't have BO'B's record after say 2-3 years? Fire him? Ok...so you wasted 3 years on a Coach that couldn't win more than the previous coach. You can get on a coach carousel and never get off. The Jets, Browns, Dolphins, Bucs, Titans, Jags, Lions, Raiders, Cardinals, Redskins, Bills, etc....have been on the carousel for years.......and hasn't worked.

You are firing a coach that has won the Division (I don't care what division) 3 out of his 5 years. We will see what happens this year. Getting to the Dance is the first step of having a chance to win. It took Kubiak 6 years just to make the playoffs. Some of you think Bill Walsh is walking thru the door if you fire O'Brien. Hmmm....you sure? I understand firing a coach who is going below .500 every year....hell, even 8-8. You fire coach that is winning games, you better be Damn sure the guy replacing him is better.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I actually somewhat agree with this. BOB is infuriatingly frustrating at times, he’s hard headed and flat out bad in some areas, but he wins and has done so historically with some pretty glaring roster holes. I’d be okay if they moved on from him, but I don’t think he’s a bad coach, and I think it’s a lot harder to find a good coach than a lot of folks believe. Having said that, he needs to get better at certain things, and it would help him out a lot if he wasn’t so hard headed and defensive. He’s not a very likable guy. I guess he learned that from Belichick, but it doesn’t play as well without the same results. He needs to improve, but I probably wouldn’t move on from him just yet unless someone clearly better was available.

17. Mr. Clutch

He creates roster holes then wins thanks to the defense or Watson creating something out of nothing.

Zero credit from me on that. He's a liability

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Soooo y’all saying it’s okay to stick with BOB because you’re scared the next coach might not have a better record?

19. Mr. Clutch

Oh wow. He's gonna be as good a GM at lunhow and Morey

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably the same people scared to move on from Kubiak for the same reason.

red5rocket likes this.