1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Ben & Chris, potentially, make EG expendable in a deal for the right wing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

This...

...and this.

We still need size and defense, Gordon proved that especially when it matters he's one of the best two way SGs in the league, i just don't see how we trade him because of Clemons (super small) and McLemore (bad defender), but i can see us moving these guys for a rotation kind of player eventually, although i'd try to keep Clemons unless the player we take back is pretty good.

D-rock likes this.
  2. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Doesn’t have to be Clemons (just used as an example), could insert House as name here.

Point was younger and cheaper. Plus/minus of that starting 5 was not good. Wins could be attributed to replacement
    of that 5-man lineup.

Eric Gordon has played 9 games this year and 2 as starter......now injured 4-6 weeks. Was injury prone
    prior to joining Rockets. People need to come to terms that Gordon may not be starter material anymore.
    If he feels he needs to drive more....more injuries may be the result.

Edited: and non starter material may not be worthy of so much money per season.

#62 ApacheWarrior, Nov 17, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

See post #62

4. HewbieTrippin

HewbieTrippin Member

If it weren't for the improvement of house, I woulda been all in for a move like this.

However, on top of that, EG tends to be one of the more clutch shot makers for the Rockets in the playoffs, despite how frustrating his lows are in the regular season. Unless we can get an A grade 3 & D wing, I'd rather not at this point.

Hakeemtheking and D-rock like this.
  5. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Ok...we are all hoping that he can indeed come back and I think he will...he's not 34...he's still young enough...

If he can't we are in big trouble. This year and the rest of his contract, because I agree, he will be a negative contract.

6. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

here yall go overreacting off of a game HELL NO they dont make Gordon expendable Gordon bring so much more than just shooting to this team

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Eg definitely needs to be moved at the end of this year no matter what the season results are.

He'll be big piece in improving going forward.

RealRocFan47 and Plowman like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden also wanted Ty Lawson, while Ty was a complete flop and at his best wasn't close to WB's ball park, he was still a good friend of Harden.

Anyone can be discarded. It is just harder with a 40 million a year contract.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

For the love of god, can we sticky a thread that says "Eric Gordon Can't Be Traded Until Summer."

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

I realise this but I doubt they just blow it up until they at least have one playoff together

11. dmoneybangbang

1) No, we can't trade EGO yet.

2) Feels like a huge overreaction, we should probably evaluate this after watching a month of Clemons play, a month being the very least....

D-rock likes this.
  12. solid

solid Contributing Member

Clemons has enormous potential. I like his style; let's see what happens. Looks like a budding star to me.

jcmoon likes this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

My point is, its not that easy to just replace Gordon's play like that. He's a borderline all star. He WILL be in the lineup to close games.

Plus minus for which season? This season, yea the small ball hasnt been has good, but that will also come around with Gordon's play, not saying that we should we use it too much though.

Gordon was terrible last year to start out. He will get it together bro. He shot awful last year too start out and then was just hot all the way into the post season. I think once he gets that knee worked out, he'll come back better than ever. He was even playing well the game before he decided to have surgery.

This team will not go anywhere without Gordon playing like we are used to seeing.

jcmoon likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Even when Gordon can be traded, I don't see him has a hot commodity. He's getting old. He's had some injuries. He's getting paid a lot.

I don't see other teams calling Morey and offering a nice wing for Gordon and his contract.

15. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

You won't get equal value for Gordan unless you throw in Clemons and a draft pick.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, EGO was expendable before the year.

He is getting up there, is injury prone and despite what people think is NOT an elite 3pt shooter.

DD

17. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol always knee jerk reactions. Luckily we have scouts, evaluators and player development people to take care of this lol. Ben mclemore can’t dribble drive. Chris Clemons is still undersized. Not on the same level.

19. Red Hova

Red Hova Member

Expendable? Yes, IMO that's because of Austin Rivers and Daniel House. Ben and Chris can be serviceable, but not enough to make Gordon expendable at least not yet.

20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again, I already had Austin baked in, but YES, he's a huge reason ....It's a cumulative deal.