1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 11/16/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Caprah

Caprah Member

Down 4 of the best 5 players and 3 starters on a back to back flying to the top of the country to win like that was pure heart.

Harden is now a fourth quarter beast despite being clearly gassed and looking exhausted in the 3 and fourth quarter he hit some big shots again

Houstunna, carib and Roomba like this.
  2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

:eek:

JW86 and HardLin like this.
  3. bmd

bmd Member

This may be the most impressive win of the season. Their 4 top scorers (other than Harden) were out. It was the second night of a back to back. G-League players filled in heavy minutes. They had every reason to mail it in. They had every excuse to lose this game. But they didn't fold. They thrived. I'm really impressed with their grit.

Houtho, Houstunna, jcmoon and 10 others like this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Harden and a bunch of D Leaguers could make the playoffs in the West.

Curry and a bunch of D Leaguers would probably win 10 games.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets were in the process of letting the Twolves go on a big run when Clemons stepped in and had that big second quarter. Completely changed the energy of the game. He reminded me today of a Nate Robinson/Young Aaron Brooks hybrid--Robinson's build with Brooks' shooting touch (though without that crazy craftiness, or at least I haven't seen it yet)

The defense was once again solid, especially in the 4th, and that made me really happy. If the Rockets keep this up, I have a feeling this year could be special.

Also, good job by Hartenstein! Lots of boards, even if his hands still seem a bit iffy.

...and James Harden scored 49. Another day at the office for our MVP.

6. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

7. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Love this story from D'antoni on Chris Clemons Rookie Interview:

Rockets: "What position do you think you should play?"
    Chris Clemons: "Well you got Westbrook and Harden so I guess I'm a 3."

Remlap, txtodd, gotsis and 12 others like this.
  8. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Just got back from a movie and checked the score. Holy sh*t. I'm excited to see the replay. Good stuff!

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You ain’t mad?

Remlap, clutchdabear and FrontRunner like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Mr. Space City

Harden and a team of DaDakotas could win at least 30 games in the nba.

jboslett, hakeem94, pr0wler and 5 others like this.
  12. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

And according to the tweets shared here, he went straight to post-game workouts. All the people saying he's lazy need to chill and look at the work he's putting in every night.

I'm super stoked that we turned a schedule loss into a boring win, I thought it'd at least be a close game, but NOPE!

13. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

This team has shown so much character over the last few games. The malaise that plagued the Rockets at the start of last season feels almost unimaginable now. I can't complain about the effort of a single player on our team and I can't remember the last time I felt that way. And if we didn't have a bench before the injuries we certainly have one now. The sky's the limit for this squad and I'm so proud to be a Houston Rockets fan.

BaselineFade, Remlap, gotsis and 10 others like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

Agree. They don't talk about other team's shortcomings in playoffs last year:

Giannis and the Bucks was up for 2 games against Toronto and then lost 4 straight. Talk about being figured out and unable to adjust.

Blazers was swept during the Western Conference finals. When Blazers lose, well they tried. When Rox lose, Rockets choked.

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jesus. these guys are hating hard. Rockets had another great defensive game and they said the rockets cant defend. They said the same thing after the the Clippers game, the best defensive game of the season.

#695 DreamShook, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    macan, hakeem94, mike2k132 and 8 others like this.
  16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Such a better start than last season.

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Clearly the best win of the season, AND, the Rockets have some surprise stars.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Meh, same tired narrative. You know, I can't wait to beat the **** out of Utah and Denver and show the world that those teams are pretenders.

Lakers, I am not convinced that Davis will stay healthy all season so at some point I see them having a tough stretch.

Clippers are the only team I am worried about in the West. They are going to be tough once they are fully healthy and running on all cylinders. I know we can beat them, but it will be a dog fight.

I am hoping James can finally carry us to the promised land this season. I'm tired of all the haters year in and year out.

BMoney and clutchdabear like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

No doubt, sucks that we dug ourselves in a hole so early.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For anyone that missed it, Chris Clemons, at 5'9", gets a steal and dunks the ball...

Remlap, pr0wler, JW86 and 5 others like this.