1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Baylor Bears Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Brandyon, Aug 28, 2013.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Same ones; all teams have lapses, bad games, lose focus. They will be up for the Bears.

2. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Biggest game since maybe Oklahoma in 2015?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They can lose this game and.. does it even matter long term? Either way, nice place to be.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

What a choke job. Baylor should have won.

5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah rough loss but have a chance to rebound against Texas coming up. Baylor is in the big 12 championship game if they win either of the next two. I think they’ll end up getting both (knock on wood)

6. whag00

They just couldn’t stop OU in the 2nd half...sucks but if they win out they are still big 12 champs and should be headed to the sugar bowl.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Refs let OU build undeserved momentum towards the end of the 1st half with 2, possibly 3, poor calls IMO.

8. solid

I was preparing to come to this thread and eat humble pie, then OU blows them out in the second half. Did Baylor even get a first down in the second period? They were totally dominated.

9. sammy

The PI or hold can't recall on the would be 4th down stop was bs.. lead to 7 early points for them.

In the second half, the mark after a third down was awful and Hurts barely made it on the 4th down run. Probably could have gotten off of the field there. Felt like their O line was holding some too but whatever.. on to Texas! I'll be there for that one

10. sammy

The Hasty fumble was on a 25-30 yard first down run (first play of second half).

Second possession of the second half.. Thornton drops an easy pass on third down.The momentum swing was too big to overcome.. Baylor is in the Big 12 championship game with a win against Texas or Kansas. Beat both!!

#1750 sammy, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  11. solid

I will be cheering for them, but not too positive about a rematch with OU.

12. Buck Turgidson

Baylor and Penn State should play each other in a dedicated bowl game every year. Alternate it between Centralia, PA, and, well, Waco.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Anyone need a hotel room for Saturday? I know they can be hard to come by on game day. King bed. Hilton in Waco at cost. Their website will tell you $400+. These were purchased months in advance for 249ish.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Baylor beats Texas today. You guys are better than them in every way. I’m expecting a blowout actually. Beat them down!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

You ******* Baptists and your ******* ridiculous Nike uniforms. I need sunglasses to look at Baylor when they're in the sun; outside of a minor miracle I'll thankfully (?) not be watching much of this asskicking that's about to commence.

Baylor should beat the hell out of us.

I like how you Brazos River Boys are sticking together. The Colorado is vastly superior, so I guess we've got that. Plus we're not Arkansas Jr. in the SEC. Or a rape factory. So that's 3 things in our favor.

sammy and Hank McDowell like this.
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Nope. You’re Baylor Jr. in the Big 12. Hook ‘em!

17. Buck Turgidson

Wasn't expecting to be watching the 2nd half of this one, that's fo sho.

Hank McDowell likes this.
  18. solid

The Baylor uni's were horrid. A cross between pajamas and a small town high school team. Ugly. They beat Texas though. Wonder if Herman is on his way out?

19. sammy

Herman is reportedly in concussion protocol lmao

solid likes this.
  20. whag00

My heart cant take anymore...